Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. (22335 Views)

EXCLUSIVE! Architects In Crisis As NIA, ARCON Registration War Gets Messier / 21 Success Tips For Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs / Thread For Aspiring Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by pendragon35(m): 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
Tnx God,it help me more than u can think of God bless u immensly
DerrickM:
@PENDRAGON35: The laptops/desktop brands I highly recommend are Dell,Acer,Toshiba,Lenovo,Sony & Samsung not such a big fan of HP pcs. Depends 1st on your budget,your present skills in CAD,BIM & 3D ArchViz. If you're a beginner keep it @4-6GB RAM iCore3 500GB storage for starters & if you plan to go into animation 8-16GB RAM 1000GB(1TB) storage must have internal graphics card 1.5GB minimum,DVD/CD-ROM,3-4 USB Ports,Bluetooth,Wifi,Original Windows Operating System(OS) 7,8 or 10 etc. Hope this bit of info helps you out,best regards...

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Venom104: 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:
This house was posted here on NL sometime...

Hello,

What renderer can give one this level of output? For me,I am not a fan of Lumion because it doesn't have enough materials..
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
Venom104:

Hello,

What renderer can give one this level of output? For me,I am not a fan of Lumion because it doesn't have enough materials..
3dsmax VRay
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
DerrickM:
1st picture you posted is the brighter less saturated version of the 2nd picture which is the same view. The 1st clearly shows to me it's the same roof while the 2nd was tweaked possibly a bit too much in Photoshop to make that edge seem different. So as I said before it's still correct & not just a random manipulation,brov...

Really? you stun me with your answering technics, am still not settled with this answer. Now you know that the 2 roofs are of the same origin which is not normal, why not condemn whatever Photoshop manipulation he did there or better still explain with clear detail how one can achieve such in reality. I do wanna learn this time alright.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
DerrickM:
Fresh from the Chronos Studeos Team before 2015 ends http://dm3drev-studeos..in/2015/12/lets-talk-3d-visualization-2nd-edition.html
My God I missed this! the instruction say that I should be seated 10mins before 9pm and I haven't even registered yet. Next time!
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 7:10am On Dec 17, 2015
Yeah,that's if you wanted to join the conversation but you could have still watched the livestream all the same on youtube,brov. Next edition is same time nextyear so save the date*lol*hehehe*They also hold a yearly competition in Lagos for undergraduates+postgraduates students of architecture called "The Competition" visit www.chronos-studeos.com for more info,best regards...

CASTOSVILLA:
My God I missed this! the instruction say that I should be seated 10mins before 9pm and I haven't even registered yet. Next time!
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Venom104: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:
3dsmax VRay

Thanks i'll check it out..
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2015
Casting For Interior Design Reality Show in Lagos with mouth-watering prizes!!!

http://dm3drev-studeos..ae/2015/12/the-interior-design-reality-show.html

1 Share

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ihebrooke, check this thread out.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
I love this thread, i'm a student of Architecture at Covenant University, 2nd year. I hope to pick up a few things from this thread.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 10:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
@DANELEN: You're most welcome & hope you can learn a thing or two. I do advise you join the National Association of Architectural Students(NAAS) on facebook,3D Nigeria,Architect's Parliament amongst other related groups there,best for now...

DanElen:
I love this thread, i'm a student of Architecture at Covenant University, 2nd year. I hope to pick up a few things from this thread.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
DerrickM:
@DANELEN: You're most welcome & hope you can learn a thing or two. I do advise you join the National Association of Architectural Students(NAAS) on facebook,3D Nigeria,Architect's Parliament amongst other related groups there,best for now...

Thank u so much, i'll be sure to do that.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
DanElen:
Welcome my brother, hope you're enjoying the Architorture grin
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2015
I'd love this guy to come in here and share something special with us. #Mahal

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 25, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:
Lol, it's extremely stressful but i'm managing it well.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 12:36am On Dec 25, 2015
DanElen:
Lol, it's extremely stressful but i'm managing it well.
Don't manage it, accept it and enjoy it. live it if you like cos it's a world of it's own.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 25, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:
Don't manage it, accept it and enjoy it. live it if you like cos it's a world of it's own.
#WiseWords thank you so much sir.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 12:57am On Dec 25, 2015
Yeye guy,this naughty guy,you so love that word*smh*it's part of jokes of this noble profession*It's all good...

CASTOSVILLA:
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 1:45am On Dec 25, 2015
DerrickM:
Yeye guy,this naughty guy,you so love that word*smh*it's part of jokes of this noble profession*It's all good...

My brother, I saw nwiiii grin during my days in school. The word is even an understatement.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 1:52am On Dec 25, 2015
Tochex101:
Hello, I am an undergraduate in a university in nigeria training to be an architect.I have combed the net looking for articles,write ups or anything regarding this topic all to no avail.Pls can anyone help advice me.
I hope the future is bright now grin
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 1:57am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas everyone.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 2:03am On Dec 25, 2015
For Archicad lovers, get your exclusive online help from this wonderful forum specially made for Archicad users only.

www.archicad-talk.graphisoft.com

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 03, 2016
I can make your 3d models for little. savahjdesignltd@gmail.com

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 11:11am On Jan 03, 2016
@VICTORY: 1st of all,you should read through all the posts here & properly introduce yourself before advertising your 3d skills. This thread was made for interaction amongst architects & wasn't made for just posting business randomly. Please note that from now,best regards...

victorytry:
I can make your 3d models for little.
savahjdesignltd@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
DerrickM:
@VICTORY: 1st of all,you should read through all the posts here & properly introduce yourself before advertising your 3d skills. This thread was made for interaction amongst architects & wasn't made for just posting business randomly. Please note that from now,best regards...

Am sorry, I didn't observe protocols. Am a student of federal university of technology, yola( now modibbo adama uni. of tech. yola). I have developed keen interest in making 3d models. Softwares am proficient in are AutoCAD, Archicad and Atlantis studio. this thread is a nice one. shout out to all those on it.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
@VICTOR: Apology accepted,brov. Am a post-graduate alumni from Federal University of Technology,Akure(FUTA). Keep up your interest in 3D ArchViz because it's very profitable. I advise you learn more about Autodesk Revit & 3dsmax,SketchUp Pro and Adobe apps like Photoshop,Illustrator,InDesign,Premiere Pro & After-Effects.
Join Nigerian Association of Architectural Students(NAAS),3D Nigeria,Architect's Parliament etc facebook group pages.
Feel free to follow the likepages of Ways Studios (www.waysstudios.com),Chronos Studeos (www.chronos-studeos.com),3dmatic Atelier (www.3dmaticatelier.com) and Cleec Design (www.okolieuchechukwu..com). They are friends of mine,inspire me,some I went to school with in FUTA & all I know in person.

victorytry:

Am sorry, I didn't observe protocols. Am a student of federal university of technology, yola( now modibbo adama uni. of tech. yola). I have developed keen interest in making 3d models. Softwares am proficient in are AutoCAD, Archicad and Atlantis studio. this thread is a nice one. shout out to all those on it.
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by obynocute(m): 10:38am On Jan 04, 2016
nice tread, kip it up guys, well m a fan nd user of both archicad nd artlantis. bt guys I nid ur help, m havn issues wit dose curve in d openings. how to design nd place dem on d porch as seen in sum of d pics here..
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by DerrickM(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
@CASTOVILLA & VICTORTRY: Over to you both as ArchiCAD users*winks winks*Help the brother out ASAP!!!

obynocute:
nice tread, kip it up guys, well m a fan nd user of both archicad nd artlantis. bt guys I nid ur help, m havn issues wit dose curve in d openings. how to design nd place dem on d porch as seen in sum of d pics here..
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
obynocute
its practically easy if you model with the 16,17,18,19 version of Archicad. they all have a tool called morph, which the other lower versions don't have.
to create an arch or bulge, go to the elevation use line to draw the shape of what you intend to create, just on d same spot u want it on d elevation. then pick d morph and trace d line until d loop closes. this creates a thin flat solid as what uve drawn when u view in d 3d. from d 3d window click that morphed shape, click the face and a box pops.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
cont'd..
select push/pull
pull outward or push inward just the thickness of the mansory element u r trying to create.
go back to 2d view and drag the shape created into position.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by obynocute(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
victorytry:
obynocute
its practically easy if you model with the 16,17,18,19 version of Archicad. they all have a tool called morph, which the other lower versions don't have.
to create an arch or bulge, go to the elevation use line to draw the shape of what you intend to create, just on d same spot u want it on d elevation. then pick d morph and trace d line until d loop closes. this creates a thin flat solid as what uve drawn when u view in d 3d. from d 3d window click that morphed shape, click the face and a box pops.
. broda, tnx, m makn use of archicad 18. I will giv it a try as u jst explained, tnx again for ur response,..
Re: A Thread For Architects And Aspiring Architects. by MysticZeus: 9:58am On Jan 05, 2016
Terraced/Row Housing... Back then. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Low Income Earner? Top Secrets To Earn More Money / Economic Recession: Banks, Insurance Firms Slash Workers’ Salaries / What Should Be The Highest Paid Profession In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.