Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference (1743 Views)

Would You Buy This 2018 Toyota Century Car For N55 Million? / My Bicycle Restoration Project / 2003 Nissan 350z Restoration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
Someone near my neighborhood currently has this and it is my wish to buy it from him and restore it full point.
The order aspect is that started a company out of my passion, that where creative writers are hired from for whatever deals that relates to content management and social media strategy.
The more deals we get, the more I will use the profit to buy and restore the car from the man. Pics of its current state below.
Will also install a V8 engine from an 99 S- Class.
Remember this a dream and with time, not like I have the money to start up immediately so dn't salivate yet.

Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
Restoration does not mean upgrading it to G55 by changing the front fenders, Later Version Taillights', side mirrors and so on but restoring it back to Near Factory Setting. But whareva am a never drive stock preacher , so a new custom wheel for off roaders will be put when the time comes. pics of the target.

Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
My target wheel. All other features both taillights, grilles, excluding interior seats will be like that of 1987. Goodbye.

Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by chucky234(m): 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
Na for sale
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 21, 2015
Bossforeva:
My target wheel. All other features both taillights, grilles, excluding interior seats will be like that of 1987. Goodbye.

Please don't fornicate that classic ride. It's a utility vehicle not a fashion accessory but it's your money I guess angry
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Denn(m): 6:36am On Oct 21, 2015
G-Wagen 460.....

Someone has an exact replica of this wagon close to my farm location.

Guess what he did? He replaced the engine with a 4 cylinder Asian engine....the 4wd forever condemned to hades.

You have a good eye.

I would advise you expand the off road capabilities more than cosmetic changes.

*front and rear lifts (3 inch)
* heavy duty shocks.
*larger tires with a deeper offset.
*driveability upgrades

Attached is a copy from my Google search.

2 Likes

Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Denn(m): 6:38am On Oct 21, 2015
This is more of the off road wheel...

Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thanks Denn... U know whats up.
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by jtbaba1: 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
Guy where can i get my car airbag fixed.A good shop in lagos
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
jtbaba1:
Guy where can i get my car airbag fixed.A good shop in lagos
ask Gazzuzz
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by kingreign(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Please don't fornicate that classic ride. It's a utility vehicle not a fashion accessory but it's your money I guess angry
shocked grin lipsrsealed
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 22, 2015
I've noted the location of this one in Ibadan (queue the eunuch from the peanut gallery) grin

If I can't find a Land Rover 110 to restore then this might do in a pinch.

Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:
I've noted the location of this one in Ibadan (queue the eunuch from the peanut gallery) grin

If I can't find a Land Rover 110 to restore then this might do in a pinch.
how do you intend convincing the owner to sell it to you?
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bossforeva:
how do you intend convincing the owner to sell it to you?

Kudi grin
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Kudi grin
dn't get
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bossforeva:
dn't get

Make a cash offer.
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Make a cash offer.
Like how much pls, am interested.
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bossforeva:
Like how much pls, am interested.

That'll be after a proper due diligence.
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 24, 2015
EgunMogaji:

That'll be after a proper due diligence.
range bro.
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 24, 2015
Bossforeva:
range bro.

Like I said after proper due diligence.

Things to consider:

Have they installed a Camry engine in it?
Is the transmission sitting on the passenger seat?
Are weeds growing through the floorboards?
Does it turn over and move but instantly dies?
Are chicken living inside it?

I can't come up with any reasonable range until I do due diligence unfortunately.

Edit: I'll tell you though that any vehicle in Nigeria that was imported at one point and is in reasonable condition is worth at least the shipping and clearing fees.
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 24, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Like I said after proper due diligence.

Things to consider:

Have they installed a Camry engine in it?
Is the transmission sitting on the passenger seat?
Are weeds growing through the floorboards?
Does it turn over and move but instantly dies?
Are chicken living inside it?

I can't come up with any reasonable range until I do due diligence unfortunately.

Edit: I'll tell you though that any vehicle in Nigeria that was imported at one point and is in reasonable condition is worth at least the shipping and clearing fees.
ok
Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Denn(m): 6:11am On Oct 26, 2015
@ egunmogaji

Don't be afraid to ask if you could pay N50k

You could be surprised the owner might agree to a 70k or 100k

Cash in hand is better than all of Africa's budget combined.

2 Likes

Re: My Dream Restoration Car For Future Reference by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2015
Denn:
@ egunmogaji

Don't be afraid to ask if you could pay N50k

You could be surprised the owner might agree to a 70k or 100k

Cash in hand is better than all of Africa's budget combined.

You're on point. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

What Oil Filter Do You Use? / What Is The Best Engine Oil For Toyota Camry 2004 ( Tokunbo ) / Tinted Glass Ban Comes To Lagos Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.