Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,836 members, 7,837,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

What Level Of Service Does Your Bank Give To You? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Level Of Service Does Your Bank Give To You? (520 Views)

Does Your Network provider Charge You For Transacting With USSD Code? / How To Know If Your Bank Is Financially Sound / First Bank Give Me My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Level Of Service Does Your Bank Give To You? by maximunimpact(m): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
We all know for a fact that most Nigerian banks offer the same product and are all guided by a uniform policy, thanks to CBN. Most of the charges on account maintenance has been unified, there is virtually no difference between one bank and another as far as policies and product features is concerned.

But why should i chose to put my money in Bank A? what is it that this bank does that everybody is talking about them? the answer lies here: “CUSTOMER SERVICE”! customer service is everything, the world is moving so fast, there is a client waiting to be payed, your child or spouse is stranded somewhere waiting for an alert, and you have been queuing up for about two hours waiting for your turn, and now it’s your turn after three hours of a long wait, and then the cashier waste another thirty minutes figuring out how to consummate your transaction. You keep standing and gazing at the officer but no word is given as a reason for the delay.

The above scenario happens all the time in Nigerian banks but there is a standard and a service level agreement that should be adhered to in order to give a great customer experience. In this article am going to identify three basic customer service level obtainable in the industry and each level of service determines the customer experience.

MEET NEEDS: This is the first service level in customer service, it is a situation were a customer is given a raw service only targeted at meeting the customers’ needs. What is the basic need of a bank customer? They are basically check balance, make deposit, withdrawal, make some basic enquirers etc. Although these needs may be meet, but there is nothing standard about it! It can be obtained anywhere. It is like a bus driver beating his chest that he took his passengers to their destinations even though he wasted hours on the road as a result of bad driving. This kind of service have no oil in it, it is at its best a dry service, although the customer gets what he/she wants, but there was no passion of a nice treat in the service, the bank only meet the customers’ needs or basic needs with this level of service.

IT WAS EASY: This kind of service occupies the second slot in the service food chain. It is slightly better than just “meet needs” to a more refined “easy” way of getting attended to. You may not not have to queue for hours, or made to wait unnecessarily to get what you want. Yes it was easy! but it all ends there. There is little or no relationship with the customer, even if the officer in charge did not smile at you it doesn’t matter, at least i got what i want “easily”. This could be the disposition of an average bank customer in getting an easy service, but then there are other cautious customers that will demand more than just “meeting their needs” or giving them “easy service” this brings us to the last service level.

SATISFACTORY SERVICE: This is the highest level of service any customer can get in any Nigerian bank. Or what more do you want as a customer after being satisfied? This kind of service comes with a great worm smile as the officer welcomes you with a well placed salutation. Not only did he/she welcome you, they politely ask you “how may i be of service?” As soon as you roll the ball out of your court by saying what you want, you can be rest assured that you will be all smiles as you get served as a “king” and leaving the banking hall satisfied and only anticipating getting all your friends and family to switch ship.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2015/10/20/what-level-of-service-does-your-bank-give-you/

Re: What Level Of Service Does Your Bank Give To You? by marshalcarter: 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
FCMB or no bank ;p

Proudly an FCMBite grin

(1) (Reply)

Get You Own Website Now / Naira Drops, As BVN Paralyses Forex Market / 5-ways-to-maximize-word-of-mouth-marketing/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.