Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. (3448 Views)

2018 World Cup: How Super Eagles Can Lift Trophy In Russia – Amokachi / Gernot Rohr Drops Junior Lokosa, 4 Others From Super Eagles Squad / Super Eagles Squad For Atletico Madrid Friendly Announced [see Full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
Whenever, i see the lists of players called up for national duties. I always ask myself this question, 'don't we have competent or talented players, playing regularly across top European leagues or top clubs?"

But after my research, i discovered that we do have competent or talented players playing regularly across European league but unfortunately some of these players have not been given the chance to prove themselves.

In this light, i took it upon myself to make a comprehensive list of players that i suppose should form the nucleus of SE starting eleven and their substitutions, which is based on their current form.

Goal Keeper: Vincent Enyeama, Lilie France

Enyeame does not need any form of introduction, his records speaks for him. He is the best player to fill this position i.e, if he decides to come out from retirement, it will be the best decision for him and the national team.

Substitute: Carl Ikem Wolves, England

Right back: Daniel Adejo, Kallion Greece.

Adejo is the most consistent and experience right back player, we presently have playing in top European league, and he can also play as a center defender. He has played regularly for Reggina in the Seria A and Seria B league for the past 6 seasons before he moved to Super league two seasons ago. Adejo has so far seen more action this season, racking up 630 minutes of football for Kallion and he has a goal to his credit. But suprisingly, he has not been called to the national time for once.

Substitute: Moses Odubanjo, Hull city, England

Moses is a very talented player, he can play as a right back, right winger, mildfielder and even as a left back. This guy could be the next David Alaba for any top club in England and as well the English national team in fullness of time. He is just 22 years of age and does not need any FIFA approval before playing for SE. He has spent 900 minutes on the pitch this season. He assisted Chuba Akpom in this evening match.

Left Back: Elderson Echiejile, Monaco France

Echiejile remains the only experience left back player in top European league. Although, he has not been that convincing with his lack of attacking football from the left back, which is pecular with modern day wing backs, but he still remains the best option on the left back. He has only managed to spend 270 minutes on the pitch this season.

Substitute: Nurudeen Orelesi, Metalurh Zepo Ukriane

You may be expecting to see Madu on the list but trust me, Orelesi is ahead of madu, in terms of experience and the pedigree of the league they play in. He has played in the Spanish lower division before he moved to
Alabania league. It was there he won the league 3 times, and 2 super cup, with Skenderbeu korce. He went ahead to play in th UEFA Champions league qualifies several times but his team always crashed out before getting to the group stage. He has been playing in the Ukrainian league for 2 seasons now, and has spent 808 minutes on the pitch this season. Orelesi can also play as a mildfielder.

Center backs: Kenneth Otigba, Heeveeren Holland

Where you expecting to the see the likes of Kenneth Omerue and oboabona? Sorry to disappoint you, watching Kenneth Otigba play in the Eredivise league, which is more developed than the Turkish league, you will agree with me that he can handle pressing football and tactical players than Kenneth, this is where the likes of van perci, Suarez, Bonny, and co played, before moving to a more advance leagues. In short, the top 3 leagues in europe scout their defenders from this league. He has played consistently in the Eredivise league for the past 3 seasons now and has so far spent 356 minutes on the pitch this season.

Substitute: Kenneth Omerua Kasimpasa, Turkey. He doesn't need any form of introduction. He has spent 459 minutes on the pitch this season.

Genga Arokoyo, Gazientepspor Turkey. He has been regularly in Europe for his teams for the past 5 seasons. He has only managed to see 275 minutes of action this season although he spent a total of 2574 minutes on the pitch last season.

Center Back (2): Leon Balogun, Mainz Germany.

Oboabano is the choice player of former coach Stephen Keshi, but resently he has not really been impressive on the back line. He is always prone to mistakes as we saw in resent matches. In his absence, Balogun proved a point in the last friendly againt cameroun when paired with a more experience but also prone to mistake Ambrose. I think that performance alone should make him stamp the number 6 shirt from Oboabana. He plays in one of the best leagues in the world, and he has only manage to see 191 minutes of football this season.

Substitute: Godfrey Oboabona, Rizespor Turkey. He doesn't need much introduction. Oboabona is one of Keshi's discovery. The journey to winning the African cup of nation in 2013 can't be emphasied without acknowledging the combination and bravery of Oboabana and Omerua in the defence. Oboabona was exceptional and tidy in the defence then. But due to no strong competitors invited to challenge or threaten his position in the national team, he has become too relaxed and casual. He has impressively spent 720 minutes on the pitch this season.

Tiago Ilori, Aston Villa England.

This guy has played regularly for four top leagues in the world, first with Sporting lisbon Portugal, secondly with Granada Spain, thirdly with Bordeaux France and now Aston Villa England. He spent 1017 minutes on the pitch for Bourdeaux last season. This season, he has not seen one single minute of football on the pitch for Aston Villa, thou he was sometimes on the bench. This guy can also play as right back and defensive mildfielder.

In a formation of 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1-1, it very important you have a good mildfielders.

Box-Box Mildfielder: Mikel Obi, Chelsea England

Love or hate him, Mikel is arguable the most experience player in the SE for now. We all saw what he brought to the team during the friendlies against Congo and Cameroun when given the licence to play as a deep playmaker. He is the best suited for this postion. Although, he has only managed to spent 61 minutes out of 810 minutes on the pitch in the premier league, he still remains the best for this position.

Sustitutes: Lukman Haruna, Anzi Machachkala Russia

Among all the lots, Haruna appears to have played in this position consistently for his club this season, and even as the playmaker sometimes. No wonder, he wears the number 10 jersey. This is his 9th season in European league so far and he has regularly played for big teams in European leagues e.g Monaco and Dynamo Kyiv. However, he was not impressive as a playmaker in the last match he played for the SE. Understandable, because he just retured from injury that plagued him last season, which only allowed him to see 399 minutes last season, but after the Nigerian match, he has spent 637 minutes on the pitch this season.

Defensive Mildfielder: Ogenyi Onazi, Lazio Italy.

Onazi is one of the revelation of the silver winning team of John Obuh under 17 team. Although, he didn't see much playing time then but he has surpassed all his contemporaries in that youth set up with his achievements, both at club and national team level. Sometimes, he could be anonying with the way he holds unto the ball for too long, but he has got the confident, agression, vision and the mobility to play this role. This is his 4th season in the technical Italian league and he has spent 132 minutes on the pitch in the italian league this season.

Sustitutes: Nwankwo Obiora, Academia Portugal.

There are many players for this substitution postion e.g Reuben Gabriel of Boavista Portugal, Fengor Ogude Amar perm of Russia, Hope Akpan of Black Roverof England, Tiago Ilori of Aston Villa England, Ndidi of Genk Belgium and so on. Above all, i preffer Obiora, because he has played in the Italian Seria A and B, where he must have gotten wealths of experience, and he is the most consistent player, presently playing in that position in a top league. Last season he spent an impressive 2184 minutes on the pitch as a first timer in the Portugues league. He has so far played 500 minutes of football this season.

Left Winger: Victor Moses, West Ham England.

Moses is the most consistent player, playing for a top club in European league, in this postion. This season, he has spent 337 minutes in premier league games, scoring one goal and has assisted 3 times in the course of play. His club stands on the fourth position in barcley premiership table.

Sustitution: Isaac Succes, Granada Spain.

Who else plays better than him in this position in one of the top leagues in Europe? None. Statistics show he has started 6 out 8 la liga games, came in as a substitute twice, scored two goals and has spent 536 minutes on the pitch this season, in the best league in the world. What else do you need to judge a player, if not based on statistics. This guy deserves a call up to the national team. In the last match he played, i saw a very direct winger with a vision to pass and speed to beat any defender. This should be his 2nd season in the spanish league. He is just 19.

Right Winger: Capt Ahmed Musa CSK Moscow Russia.

He doesn't need any introduction. But to set the record straight, i will give out his statistics for this season. Ahmed musa has started all 12 matches, sorced 6 goals, made some assist and has so far played 1080 minutes of football in the Russian league this season. He has also scored goals in the UEFA Champions league this season. On top of that, his last season performance has not gone unoticed, because he is nominated for the CAF best player award. What else do we need to say further. He deserves to be the captain and to play in the first eleven of SE.

Substitute: Moses Simon, Gent Belgium.

This lad, single handedly led Gent to win their historical first belgium league last season. This has given him the opportunity to play in the UEFA champions league this season, and his stock has rising ever since then, as many top clubs in England are fighting to have him in their club. He's dubbed the Nigerian Ronaldo for his style of play. He was very impressive in the last friendlies in the SE shirt.
He started 7 out of 11, came in as substitue 3 times,and has seen 661 minutes of football this season.

Attacking Mildfielder; Adbul Ajagun, Panathinaikos Greece

We have been having problem with lack of players for this attacking mildfield position for a very long time but i can authoritatively tell you that we have players that can solve this creative problem. We do have players in European leagues playing regularly in this position e.g Rabiu Ibrahim Trench Slovakia, Haruna Lukmam, John Chibuike of Gazantiespor Turkey and Raheem Lawal of Eskisehirspor Turkey, but somehow only Rabiu got noticed. Notwitstanding, Ajagun is ahead with the predigree of the club and league he plays in. This season, he has started 4 out of 7 matches, scored 2 goals and had spent 276 on the pitch.

Substitute: Rabiu Ibrahim, Trench Skovania

Rabiu is a natural playmaker who needs more playing time to gain more experience. He was on the book of big European clubs after he helped the Nigeria to win the under 17 in South korea e.g Spoting Lisbon of Porugal, PSV of Netherland, and Celtic of Scotland, but unfortunately, he couldn't break into their first team. However, he decided to move to Trench in Slovania, where he has been able to play regularly, and historically helped them to win the league for the first time. Ibrahim came in as a substitute in one the qualifing matches for Nigeria, and immediately had impact in the mildfield, which lead to opening the Niger defence to score 2 goals. He has started 11 out of 13 matches, scored 2 goals, made some assist, and has spent 733 minutes on the pitch this season.

Striker: Idion Ighalo, Watford England

Ighalo's journey began in Norway with Lyn, where he latter moved to Udinese of Italy, but after he appeared rarely in the Seria A, he was loaned out to Granada in the third Spanish league where he single handly lead them to gain promotion on tow ocassions from the third lower division up to the la Liga Spanish league with his goals. For that reason, his name is/was written in Granada hall of fame. And again, he has gone to help Watord gain promotion from the Championship to the English premier league, scoring 20 goals in the process, and he has scored 5 goals so far in the premiership, to make him the highest goal scorer in the Premiership for this year.As we can see, he has scored in the Seria A, La Liga and now the Premiership. To cap it all, he has scored 2 goal in his 4 appearances for the Nigerian national team. He remains the most prolific and inform striker on ground.

Substitutes: Obafemi Martins Sealth U.S.A

Nigeria has alot of old and young upcoming strikes in top European leagues e.g odemwingie(injured), Iheanacho of Mancity England, Dominic Solanke and Abiola Dauda of Vitese Netherland, Anthony Ujah of Werdern Bremen Germany, Micheal Olaitan of Twente Netherland, Barthlomew Ogbeche of Cambuur Netherland, Jerry Mbakogu of Carpi Italy, Brown Ideye of Olympiacos Greece, Imoh Ezekiel of Anderlech Belgium. But these players have only scored 13 goals among themselves, which is not even up to Obagoal's 15 goals for the season. It not all about age but it's about, who is in current form?. And we know it is Obagoal. He should be given another chance to prove himself.

Anthony Ujah Werden Bremen German

He scored 10 goals last season in the german league and he has so far scored 2 goals this season. I think he could add something to the national team. Although, he has not been able to justify his inclusion in the National team but he should be given another chance.

I have come with the conclusion of my Super Eagles team in regards to their current form.

What is do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by sojax2cool(m): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
Wow! Up eagles
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
Attention! If you do not watch to be banned, do not quote the first page.
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
Pictures of unknown player obey.

1, Daniel Adejo,

2, Moses Odubanjo

3, Nurudeen Orelesi

4, Kenneth Otigba

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
1, Gbenga Arokoyo

2, Tiago Ilori

3, Obiora Nwankwo

4, Isaac Success

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by kento12: 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
nice post.... Let hope our beloved super eagles returns to her glory days...
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by vickylinco(m): 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
if wishes are horses. I agree with you but unfortunately, you are not the coach... the coach chooses players that fit his own formation and philosophy. moreover coaches and scouts search for some hidden things in players before they were invited, I thought oliseh should know all these but he's gradually dividing that team as he wanted to do in 2002. thumbs up op...wish to see enyeama in eagles shirt again. God bless Nigeria, God bless Super eagle..... with those players you mention, am sure we can win trophies and go back to our winning ways

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
I think the best solution to our creative midfield problem lies with Mikel. If Mikel plays deep, we do not get to see him express himself creatively. With two good defensive midfielders behind Mikel, we would see Mikel play with class and brilliance.

I suggest Coach Oliseh recalls Hope Akpan who did well playing behind Mikel under Coach Keshi. If we have him playing alongside Onazi, Mikel will perform well and express himself brilliantly.

No one can deny Mikel's eye for killer passes.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
I believe Juwon Oshaniwa of Hearts Scotland is still the best option for the left back position than Echiejile. He offers more to the team especially with his effortless overlapping and more accurate crosses.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
Na waoh!
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
kento12:
nice post.... Let hope our beloved super eagles returns to her glory days...

Thanks, that's if these players are giving the chance to prove themselves
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by dominique(f): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
following...
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
vickylinco:
if wishes are horses. I agree with you but unfortunately, you are not the coach... the coach chooses players that fit his own formation and philosophy. moreover coaches and scouts search for some hidden things in players before they were invited, I thought oliseh should know all these but he's gradually dividing that team as he wanted to do in 2002. thumbs up op...wish to see enyeama in eagles shirt again. God bless Nigeria, God bless Super eagle..... with those players you mention, am sure we can win trophies and go back to our winning ways

That's true but i think these are all the best we have in europe for now. Thanks for the complement
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
I think the best solution to our creative midfield problem lies with Mikel. If Mikel plays deep, we do not get to see him express himself creatively. With two good defensive midfielders behind Mikel, we would see Mikel play with class and brilliance.

I suggest Coach Oliseh recalls Hope Akpan who did well playing behind Mikel under Coach Keshi. If we have him playing alongside Onazi, Mikel will perform well and express himself brilliantly.

No one can deny Mikel's eye for killer passes.

Well, Mikel is also good as a playmaker but i think he should play as deep playmaker. Hope is good but i think we should try other players, playing regularly in that positon for their clubs.
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
@ ishilove @ lalasticlala

You can pls change the topic to 'Opinion: How Super Eagles squad should look like' . I would have love to edit it and attach some pictures but i fear for another ban.

Pls, kindly put this thread on front page for discussion. Thanks
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 9:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
@ ishilove @ lalasticlala

Note: It was Sports that actually made me to know about Nairaland. Whenever, i wanted to know about players, Nigeria matches and breaking news. I always switch between Nairaland and kickoff Nigeria. What i am saying is, kiindly give other sections priority as politics section. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
I believe Juwon Oshaniwa of Hearts Scotland is still the best option for the left back position than Echiejile. He offers more to the team especially with his effortless overlapping and more accurate crosses.

Juwon is good but i think Orelesi could be better.
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by Sunnypa11(m): 6:10am On Oct 23, 2015
The list is good but is tiago ilori ready to play for naija ? Mikel should remain a deeplying playmaker because he poses no-goal threat but he is our best passer...For Number 10,Igboun/rabiu and maybe kelechi should fight for it
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 9:54am On Oct 23, 2015
Sunnypa11:
The list is good but is tiago ilori ready to play for naija ? Mikel should remain a deeplying playmaker because he poses no-goal threat but he is our best passer...For Number 10,Igboun/rabiu and maybe kelechi should fight for it
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 9:54am On Oct 23, 2015
Sunnypa11:

Tiago Ilori is ready to accept call up from any of the three countries he is eligible to play for.
Igboun was tried in that position on two ocassions by Sunday Oliseh but he couldn't perform. He is a natural winger.
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2015
Thanks moderators for restoring my thread.
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anthony Ujah scored two goals against Leon Balogun club this afternoon. The match ended 3:1 in favour of Werden Bremen.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
Idion Ighalo was incredible for Watord against Stock City today. He strucked the post with a powerful header and later assisted with two goals to beat Stock City 2 goals to nil.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
Isaac Success was on the pitch for 81minutes in the match between Granada vs Real betis before he was substituted. The match ended 1: 1.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
Mikel Obi came in from the bench at half time to play against West Ham. His club was trashed 2:1.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
forgiveness:
Mikel Obi came in from the bench at half time to play against West Ham. His club was trashed 2:1.

And Mikel played brilliantly and walked off the pitch like a boss.
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
I like your reporting style. Short and to the point. It is brilliant. Following your thread.
Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
I like your reporting style. Short and to the point. It is brilliant. Following your thread.

wink thanks.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
forgiveness:

You can say that again.

Re: Opinion: How Super Eagles Squad Should look like. by forgiveness: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 20 Most Ugly Footballers In The World.see Pictures / Download Chelsea Vs Liverpool 1 - 3 All Goals & Highlights Premier League / Manchester United Player Wages And Contract Expiry Date;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.