Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,900 members, 7,821,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Strive Masiyiwa: How I Deal With Corruption (plus,speech Download) | #qd™101 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Strive Masiyiwa: How I Deal With Corruption (plus,speech Download) | #qd™101 (2189 Views)

Mr Strive Masiyiwa...kwese Competition Team Players Needed / Why You Must Be Serious This Year By Strive Masiyiwa / Econet CEO, Strive Masiyiwa Introduces His Latest Venture “Cumii And Technite” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strive Masiyiwa: How I Deal With Corruption (plus,speech Download) | #qd™101 by AmInspired247(m): 11:23am On Oct 22, 2015
One of the questions, I am often asked by people who want to invest in Africa, is how do I deal with people demanding bribes…. My answer is really quite simple: I have never had any difficulty with saying, “NO”.

Corruption only occurs at the point you decide to participate; it takes two. There is the one demanding it, and the one who pays it. And really this is how we fight it: each one of us, saying ‘NO’. For me personally, dealing with corruption has never been difficult because of my faith.
In my own mind, to quote, the Apostle Paul, “I am fully persuaded” that there is no person or force, in all the universe, that has the capacity to stop something which God has given me. This is a deep, deep conviction for me. I believe that I will never ever be disadvantaged because I walked away from a corrupt deal. In fact, on this the Bible is clear: if I walk away, or lose anything because of my conviction that it is wrong, God will replace it with something much bigger and better,..”in this life” (Mark 10:29- 30).

Sometimes I have been viciously persecuted, because of my stand against corruption, at other times, I have had to wait for years, because some corrupt individual or individuals, were blocking our way. And always I prevailed, because, “faith abides” (it never, ever, fails).

Ironically some of the worst corruption I have witnessed, was not in governments, but in the private sector. Some of the most corrupt people I have known were not Africans, but, we as Africans must take responsibility, individually, and collectively, to fight corruption.
I could write a book about what happens to you spiritually when you accept a bribe, or offer one, but I will not do so, today. And for those of you who do not consider the spiritual perspective, let me rather respectively, say this:
We would not, as Africans, need aid from anybody if we tackle corruption; no child would sleep hungry if we tackle corruption; there would be no injustice, if we tackle corruption; every child will be in school, if we tackle corruption. The most powerful force, against corruption begins with one person, saying “NO”.

In one country we had a contract on which we earned over US$30 million a year. It was very important for our business. Two very powerful politicians demanded that I pay them a bribe of US$8 million to keep the contract. I refused.
They had our contract cancelled and we were thrown out. Then they replaced us with one of our largest global competitors from Europe, whose executives immediately paid the bribes. I reported them to the US Justice Department, as they are listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
They admitted that their officials had paid the bribes and fired the officials. They left the country. One of the politicians was later indicted for corruption and is now serving a 13-year jail sentence.

Years later we returned to the country and we are building our presence in that wonderful country again.
In another country, we submitted a tender on privatisation and we were recommended as the best by the international investment bankers advising the government of that country. The deal was worth hundreds of millions to us. We waited and waited for an announcement, but none came.

Then I was invited to the State House. The son of the President asked for a 20% stake in exchange for us being given the award. I refused and withdrew our bid. I have no regrets.
When the President had lost an election, we returned to that country and got an opportunity to set up and we are doing very well.
In yet another country, a retiring African President invited me to come and see him. He told me he had heard a lot of good things about our company. He said he wanted to issue one more licence before he left office and he felt that we should have it because we were an African company.

He then suggested that I find a way to accommodate him quietly off shore, as he “needed something in retirement”. I politely told him that I was not interested in the licence. We are yet to return to that country, but we will one day.
In one of Africa’s most respected countries, a policeman asked me for my driver’s licence as I drove to church one morning with my family.
I told him that I had forgotten it at home. He said that I had committed an offence, which I immediately accepted. Instead of giving me a ticket, he suggested that I pay him something.

I refused. He then threatened to arrest me and I said it was fine and he could go ahead. Several of his colleagues surrounded us, even verbally abusing me saying I would be deported because I was a foreigner.

I kept quiet. I never raised my voice, or was animated. I simply asked that they either arrest me, or issue me a ticket. After a while they said we could go. I refused and insisted they ticket me as they had an obligation to do so under the law. Now, they were totally terrified!
We have continued to prosper in that nation, but I never forget my licence when I drive a car!
Strive Masiyiwa is the founder and chairman of global telecommunications group, Econet Wireless. He currently serves on a number of international boards including the Rockefeller Foundation, the Advisory Board of the Counsel on Foreign Relations, the Africa Progress Panel, Agra, the UN Sec. General’s Advisory Boards for Sustainable Energy, and for Education. He is a juror of the Hilton Foundation’s Humanitarian Prize. He is also one of the founders, with Richard Branson of the global think tank, known as the Carbon War Room.
Get mentored by Strive Masiyiwa on Facebook@ https://www.facebook.com/Strive-Masiyiwa-496453373762496/

Recommended FREE BOOK/MP3/VIDEO DOWNLOADS:[i][/i]
1. The Testimony of Econet,by Strive Masiyiwa
2. Strive Masiyiwa’s GES BBC Interview
3. The Crisis Of Leadership In Africa - Observations Of Lee Kuan Yew,by Philip Igbinijesu
4. CPL Leadership Speaker Series, by Lee Kuan Yew
5. The Power Principle of Character In Leadership,by Myles Munroe
6. The Responsibility of Freedom, by Myles Munroe
7. Kingdom Keys For Transforming Society, by Myles Munroe
8. The Role of Men’s Personal Identity In Nation-Building
9. The Value And Importance Of Character[1],by Sunday Adelaja
10. The Value And Importance Of Character[2],by Sunday Adelaja
11. The Weak Leader, by Sunday Adelaja
12. Passion To Make A Difference, by Sunday Adelaja
13. Sex And Vision I & II,by Segun Abe
14. Raising Glorious Leaders,by E. A. Adeboye
15. Characteristics Of Transformational Leaders,by Olajumoke Adenowo
16. The Thinking of A Leader,by Olajumoke Adenowo
17. Qualities of A Leader(series),by Olajumoke Adenowo
18. Moral Courage,by Olajumoke Adenowo
19. The Person of A Leader,by Olajumoke Adenowo
20. Are You A Man,by Olumide Emmanuel
21. Creating Your Own Success Story, by Olumide Emmanuel
22. How To Enter Enduring Success(8 Tracks),by Pastor Bankie
23. A Life of Purpose(20 Tracks),by Pastor Bankie
24. Faith and The Destiny(6 Tracks),by Pastor Bankie
25. Building A Great Future Today(20 Tracks),by Pastor Bankie
26. Fulfilling To Birth The Visions of God In Your Life(9 Tracks),by Pastor Bankie
27. The Power of Godliness(6 Tracks),by Pastor Bankie
28. Generating Spiritual Energy for National Development(5 Tracks),by Pastor Bankie
29. The Birth of A New Generation(15 Tracks),by Pastor Bankie
30. Foundations and Pillars for Financial Prosperity(16 Tracks),by Pastor Bankie
31. Sign_Posts On The Road To Success,by E. W. Kenyon
32. Acceleration, by Fela Durotoye
33. What The Rich Has,That The Poor Don’t,by Steve Harris
34. Mastering The Business of Your Talent,by Steve Harris
35. Converting Your Bsc To Bscash,by Abel Praise
36. 20 Things To Do Before You Are 30,by Akomaye Ugar
37. The E-Shift Re-Loaded,by Akomaye Ugar
38. The Ability To Dream,by Sam Adeyemi
39. Enterpreneurial Opportunities: The Nigerian Situation,by Jimoh Ibrahim
40. On Business and Leadership,by Peter J. Daniels
41. Winning,by Jack Welch
42. Share The Wealth,by Bob Proctor
43. You Were Born Rich,by Bob Proctor
44. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People(Audiobook),by Steve Covey
45. First Things First,by Steve Covey
46. Financial Dominion(1,2,3 & 4),by Joshua Selman
47. Rich Dad’s Guide To Investing,by Robert Kiyosaki
48. Why Are You Not Rich? (Full- Length Audiobook),by Praise George
49. 8 Laws of Financial Freedom(Full Audiobook),by Praise George
50. 1961 Presidential Inaugral Speech,by John F. Kennedy

DOWNLOAD ALL THESE AND MORE(A TOTAL OF 724 FREE BOOKS,AUDIOS & VIDEOS AND MORE) BY AUTHORS/SPEAKERS LIKE Dr. Strive Masiyiwa, Myles Munroe, Joseph Prince, Olumide Emmanuel, Bishop David Oyedepo, Archbishop Benson Idahosa, E. A. Adeboye, Poju Oyemade, Fela Durotoye, Steve Harris, Pastor Kingsley/Mildred Okonkwo, Tekena Ikoko,Tumise Edewemi, Sam Oye, Sam Adeyemi, Robert Kiyosaki, Donald Trump, Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Etc. FROM THE 36-PAGE QUICK DOWNLOADS™ 101 DOWNLOAD MANUAL/WEBSITE@ http://aminspired247..in/2015/03/quick-downloads-101-over-500-free.html
DOWNLOAD FREE SAMPLE@ http://aminspired247..com.ng/p/blog-page_15.html
QUICK SUMMARY:
eBook - QUICK DOWNLOADS™ 101 (is a Download Manual/Ebook/Website containing 724 FREE DOWNLOADS – OVER 130 BOOKS/PDFs , & MORE THAN 570 MP3s, VIDEOS,MESSAGES,TEACHINGS,ETC. ON VARIOUS LIFE SUBJECTS)
Pages – 36 Pages
Format – PDF/WEBSITE
Amount: N1500 (subject to change)
Author – Uchechukwu Azuma ( CEO, AmInspired247.com )
For Enquiries,more freebies,and Recommendations : Call/SMS/Whatsapp: +234-7062456233 , +234-8183484938

HOW TO GET A COPY/ACCESS:
1. Pay the sum of N1500 to the ACCESS BANK account –
Account Name: AZUMA UCHECHUKWU
Account Number: 00473 52256

After payment,SMS your Teller Number,Names.Email Address & Phone Number to 07062456233. After confirmation of your payment,your ebook will be in your mailbox atmost within 30-minutes.

METHOD 2( Global ): Go to http://preachit.com.ng/downloads/quick-downloads-101/ , pay with your VISA/MASTERCARD/CREDIT/ATM card, and download.

METHOD 3: MTN/Etisalat Recharge Card Option( N1800 ) – Send an unloaded MTN or Etisalat Recharge card PINs of N1800 in the format –
“ QUICK DOWNLOADS 101
Network: MTN/Etisalat
Recharge Card PIN 1: xxxxxxx
Recharge Card PIN 2: xxxxxxx
Names, Email Address and Phone Number” TO 07062456233. After confirmation,your copy will be in your box atmost within 30-minutes.

QUICK DOWNLOADS™ 101 ebook/website is a collection of 724 FREE DOWNLOADS comprising of over 130 books,and more than 570 mp3s,videos,podcasts,sermons,teachings on the subjects of LOVE, DATING, MARRIAGE, RELATIONSHIP, ETHICS, ETIQUETTES, SEX, LOVEMAKING, KAMASUTRA, TANTRA, EROTIC MASSAGE, PARENTING, FAMILY, SUCCESS, PURPOSE, DESTINY, CAREER, PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, PERSONAL TRANSFORMATION, FAITH, SPIRITUALITY, WORSHIP, HEALING, CONSECRATION, WEALTH, MONEY, PERSONAL FINANCE, BUSINESS, ENTREPRENEURSHIP, ECONOMY, WEALTH-CREATION, INNOVATION, POLITICS, POWER, LEADERSHIP & NATIONAL TRANSFORMATION,etc. by bestselling authors and speakers such as Dr. Myles Munroe, Joseph Prince, Olumide Emmanuel, Bishop David Oyedepo, ArchBishop Benson Idahosa, E. A. Adeboye, Funke Felix Adejumo, Poju Oyemade, Fela Durotoye, Steve Harris, Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo, Mildred Okonkwo, Tekena Ikoko, Jay Mayo, Tumise Edewemi, Sam Oye, Sam Adeyemi, Olajumoke Adenowo, Praise George, Daniel K. Olukoya, Joshua Harris, Ezekiel Atang, Abel Praise, Sola Adio, Tunde Bakare, Gbile Akanni, Mensah Otabil, Pastor Bankie, Sunday Adelaja, Derek Prince, Zig Ziglar, Akomaye Ugar, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Joshua Selman, Dean Sikes, Abel Damina, Patricia King, Billy Graham, Reinhard Bonnke, Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar, Curry Blake, Gloria Copeland, Kenneth E. Hagin, E. W. Kenyon, T. L. Osborn, Peter Yungren, Randy Clark, Bill Johnson, David Cho, John Piper, Smith Wigglesworth, A. A. Allen, Gordon Lindsay, Herbert W. Armstrong, Y. P. Yohannan, Zac Poonen, Annie Zac Poonen, Bob Harrison, Nicky Cruz, Andrew Wommack, John C. Maxwell, Mike Murdock, Tonye Cole, Strive Masiyiwa, Jimoh Ibrahim, Leke Alder, Peter J. Daniels, Jack Welch, Malcolm Gladwell, Robert Slater, Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Donald Trump, Robert Kiyosaki, Robert G. Allen, Ezinwa Chariots Ugochukwu, Steven Covey, Bill Clinton, John F. Kennedy, Lee Kuan Yew, Philip Igbinijesu, Olaboludele O. Simoyan, George W. Bush, Robert Green, Napoleon Hill, Wallace D. Wattles, Russell Cornwell, George Clason, Rhonda Byrne, Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Bob Proctor, Brian Tracy, Robin Sharma, David Bach, Bob Doyle, Joe Vitale, Mike Litman, Jason Oman, Thomas Stanley, William Danko, Brian B. Brown, Lawrence A. Cunningham, Steven D. Strauss, John Taylor Gatto, Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Gregory Godek, Farrah Gray, Francis Chan, Tracey Cox, Anne Hooper, Sari Locker, Kavida Rei, Directorate of National Intelligence(DNI),etc.
Brought to you by: The Personal Development Media Centre(PDMC)
Blog: www.aminspired247..com
Like Us on www.facebook.com/AmInspired247 OR www.facebook.com/uchechukwuazuma
Email Address: aminspired247@gmail.com
Phone/Whatsapp: +234-7062456233 , +234-8183484938– for your Counsellings,Recommendations,Enquiries,Requests,Complaints,etc.

(1) (Reply)

Harvest Crashes Prices Of Foodstuffs In Kano / Invitation Letters / Snail Farming Is The Best Farming:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.