Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. (21333 Views)

Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion / 5 Ways You Answer Phone Call In Public That Make You Look Local / Some Places Where Use Of Phone Is Prohibited But People Dont Obey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 11:48am On Oct 23, 2015
I noticed that this once lucrative business is fading away Slowly....

Perhaps due to the airtime borrowing offered by network providers these day or cheaper call rates. The business of paying to call is slowly going into extinction.

How is the situation where you reside ?? Did you also notice the decrease in phone calls center around the Country?

10 Likes

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by lomprico(m): 12:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
Calls r cheaper now and more people have phones so why call form a call centre when I can buy 100 credit n use my phone.
Same with internet cafés.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by jaymejate: 12:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
The only thing they do is to sell recharge cards

2 Likes

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by wasco24: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by damton(m): 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
yeah. I could remember very clearly when call centers charges you 20 naira per minute regardless of whether or not you elapse a full minute

But with the slash in call price tariff by operators , you can afford to make calls as cheap as 12 naira per minute and even you get billed on per seconds basis.
Evolution of the industry you'll say.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Sijo01(f): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
Do call centers still exist? I can't remember the last time I saw one though xcept recharge card vendors.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by niggi4life(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
hmmmmmmmm.. Phone call centers.... Nostalgic feelings.... Only the very Big boys dare call babes anyhow on their mobile phones. I recharge my line once in a month( All thanks to MTN for their only available card 1,500) the lady at the payfone knows all my runz, both new and old, once i don get 100naira, na 5mins of talk be that, i go come carry my nokia touch light fone for hand, set am for timer so that i won't talk more than what i have at hand.

If person say make e begin dey count the money wey im don spend on all these girls from when we begin write love letter to date..... Me personally i go don build 2 twin 5 bedroom duplex for lekki sad

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by ikbnice(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
call centre has gone into extinction nw because mobile phones are very common and call tariffs are getting cheaper.

I cant make call in a call centre even at N10/min.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by wiznuel(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
jungle don mature na people don step up
Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Shehucom(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
I remember the days of 30 naira per minute.. All history now

2 Likes

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
Wow, remember those days

1 Like

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by absoluteSuccess: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
ECONET THINGS.

2 Likes

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Adesiji77: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
Changing times....
Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Spikkylee: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by brightersms(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
They don't make calls again
They sell cards
Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by ragiluhivo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
omg soo true. I've even forgotten call centers ones existed in naija the last time I visited until I saw your post.

1 Like

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by nollyway(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
Even my MoM ask me dis question yesterday, so suprise to found it on frontpagegrin

5 Likes

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
right.lol
Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by ideatoprince18(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
zzzz
Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Adex097: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
That annoying moment when you make a call for 00:01:05 and you are being charged for 2mins. Thank God for cheap call rates.

4 Likes

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by seunlayi(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
Gone are those days when we used to help NITEL Technicians to carry ladder all about so that they can repair out line ASAP/ Thank God for the "EVOLUTION"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by owolawee: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
This is because of IM's (instant messaging) ders no need to make calls anymore

2 Likes

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Codyt(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
Old things have passed away..... wink
Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by seunlayi(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
It is not only call centers also, the way people troops into our house in the 1980's to wait for calls was really disgusting then. Some will wait from morning till evening just to receive call from their loved ones on our private line.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
Dat was back in d days, it does not exist anymore. Even recharge card is phasing out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by adeoba2008(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
Yeah. I remember I was in that line of business before luck smiles on me.
Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by plainmirror(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
Op is it now that you are taking notice of the call center business moribund?

Your observation is as slow as airtel service in an android phone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by ZYZZA: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
In my place it the same it even growing

I don't even borrow money from MTN for security reason who knows when mtn will strike back

Give you cap collect head

2 Likes

Re: The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data / Infinix Zero 5G: Infinix Releases Its First 5G Phone Into Nigerian Market / Help! How Do I Delete Measure,cast Studio And Engriks On Android?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.