Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken (45730 Views)

How Many Nigerian Languages Are Spoken In Your Family? / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken / The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by osabiya16(m): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2015
Confirm
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by j4sure(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2015
more jare
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by igbsam(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2015
fratermathy:
Here's my thread on Nigeria's FIRST MONOTHEISTIC religion: https://www.nairaland.com/2462688/first-monotheistic-religion-nigeria-igbe
How to Deal with Sexual Assault: https://www.nairaland.com/2660448/how-deal-sexual-assault-rape
If you are familiar with either Calabar or Uyo, kindly help a friend: https://www.nairaland.com/2573481/calabar-uyo-comparison
Nigerian Universities and the courses they are known for: https://www.nairaland.com/2597414/nigerian-universities-courses-known

CC:
@seun
@Prof800
@UjSizzle
@Afam4eva
@Ikenna351
@OAM4J
@maclatunji
@Ngwakwe
@Lalasticlala
@Mynd44
@Obinoscopy
@mkmyers45
@Mukina2
@farano
@Goodboiyy
@Omonnakoda (Dont Derail)
@Barcanista
@Ishilove
@ferano
@pascal09
@enusmith
@naijacutee
@puskin
@Iceberylin
@Englishmart
@Tosyne2much
@Samflexxy
@Prettyjo
@Samflexxy
@Unibenstudent
@Tonychristopher
@Freemanan
@Wonder1844
@Gmacnoms
@LKO
@Freeemanan
@igbsam

you for tag the whole Nigeria na......nice thread anyway

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by sweatlana: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2015
I'm proudly Niger Delta, citizen of the creeks!!!
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2015
Fratermathy....

Nua grin

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 24, 2015
Wow.....FTC I guess?? I don't really know anything about the Ijaws
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Lagrage(f): 11:39am On Oct 24, 2015
I love Ijaws a lot.. But they can be aggresive at times. Dem nor dey gree for argument. To me thats their character flaw but apart from that they are very loving,respectful and homely

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by MoonChildng: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2015
I look forward to an article on the Ijeshas,the Ijebus,the ikares,the aworis e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by ehix89(m): 11:45am On Oct 24, 2015
overrated
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by ehix89(m): 11:46am On Oct 24, 2015
Lagrage:
I love Ijaws a lot.. But they can be aggresive at times. Dem nor dey gree for argument. To me thats their character flaw but apart from that they are very loving,respectful and homely
u look rili fine

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by meforyou1(m): 11:49am On Oct 24, 2015
Op, you said Ijaw is spoken in kogi. But all the dialects you wrote, can't find kogi there, even lagos
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by 01Mysticdon(m): 11:52am On Oct 24, 2015
Are Ogba people from ONELGA Rivers State also Ijaw?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by simi4me(m): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2015
Well done op, very educating.
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Odunharry(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2015
izon
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by agrovick(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2015
Describing Ijaws as shy is a fallacy, I currently reside in one of their communities and shy is definitely not a word I can use to describe them.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by kelsidengkucio(m): 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
And point to note, their girls no de fine at all

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by stteejax(m): 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
Nice work op....

Keep it up..

#proudlyIzon #proudlyBayelsan #proudlyNigerian...

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by stteejax(m): 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
kelsidengkucio:
And point to note, their girls no de fine at all
then u need 2 c my Mum nd ma sis bro

#Ijawpureblood

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by stteejax(m): 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
Lagrage:
You can say that again...we love peace

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Jabioro: 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
The forlorn. history that had no beginning and no end,it is just an abstract stories can you imagine the ijaw people fall from heaven even Abraham did not had such lineage
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by babyfaceafrica: 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
stteejax:
You can say that again...we love peace
confirm...unlike some tribe..very peace Loving and respectable...although dem sabi yab person o....accomodating and very taciturn

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Rotimi47: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Your threads tend to show that the ijaws are related to we the Yorubas one way or another and a myth in Yoruba also claim that Oduduwa a Yoruba dropped from the sky while another state that the Yorubas originated from Egypt/Sudan.

Just thinking.......

7 Likes

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Lagrage(f): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
ehix89:
u look rili fine

Thanks
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Tamakay(m): 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
[quote author=ijawcitizen post=39285796]Everyone should disregard the content of this "research" by an OVER SABI called fratermathy.

When you mix truths, half truths and lies together like he did here, what you have is FABLES.

lalastica pls kindly close this thread.

fratermathy pls allow us (Ijaws) tell you about ourselves and stop doing over sabi.[/qfor

If there are observations state them and stop being personal and making yourself look like you are the only Ijaw in this forum

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by babyfaceafrica: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
fratermathy:

Aki, you are right o! grin

Igbo is VERY broad. It's even far broader than Yoruba/Hausa. But it will be easier to do than even this Ijaw I just did because materials will be available. Ijaw doesn't have the broad recognition and study that Igbo has. People have been studying Igbo since colonial times unlike Ijaw. But like you said, it'll be voluminous and alot of people wont even bother to read. Nairalanders are very lazy readers.
If I do that kind of research and Lalasticlala or Seun nor put am for FP, the whole Nairaland go LOSS dat day oo! I go carry the whole site go Ode-Itsekiri Olu Cemetery go bury. Nor be all this ones when we go take time do research and write big big grammar and Lalasticlala, Seun or any supermod nor go answer us. tongue. Na dat time dem go know say Warri full here!
you have not yet caried out a research and you are postulating that studying Igbo is broader than Yoruba or hausa.....?....don't take things face value!!!....just because one tribe seems to be more noise making than others does not mean anything!!!...nice post though..really love ijaw people

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Jobabori(m): 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
Fulani (Fulbe) is more likely to be the 4th largest group in Nigeria (except you group them together as Hausa/ fulani)

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by Eluanaten(m): 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ijaws are hospitable. In fact too hospitable. So many Ijaw communities now speak other languages espercially Igbo. Like Opobo and part of Okrika. Ijaws are fighters. Dem no dey fear. Na so one Ijaw boy from Ondo come our area for Lag. Gbege come happen for where we go flex. One young soldier come slap me and my guy on top erema matter. The Ijaw boy come dey para, na so him receive him own too o. D Ijawboy slap this soldier back. We shock. U wan c fight. Wen crowd don dey gather nai we carry the Ijaw guy shele o. #YorubaNigerdeltan

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by tonychristopher: 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
Re: Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken by tonychristopher: 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
you have not yet caried out a research and you are postulating that studying Igbo is broader than Yoruba or hausa.....?....don't take things face value!!!....just because one tribe seems to be more noise making than others does not mean anything!!!...nice post though..really love ijaw people

Now you are soundless ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) / Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde / Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.