Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Africa Needs More Presence In Movies, Shows, And Games - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africa Needs More Presence In Movies, Shows, And Games (541 Views)

Lagos Lagoon Is Hungry Needs More Sacrifice - Ifa Priest / Africa Needs A New Map / Africa Needs Atheism But It Will Never Happen | I Hate Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Africa Needs More Presence In Movies, Shows, And Games by Kanoro: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
I think Nollywood does nothing but damage the appreciation of African culture and history. They don't care about the quality of their films. The acting and screenplay is always terrible. I could do a better job from my own house and I'm just a regular guy. All they care about is mass producing films for profit. Hollywood on the other hand does a great job with it's films but it completely ignores African history altogether.

Disney for example has been running for 92 years and it encompasses just about every culture aside from Africa:

Native American: Pocahontas
Asian: Mulan
Middleeastern: Aladdin
European: Too many to f*cking name
Africa: Lion King and Tarzan... HOWEVER those 2 movies aren't ABOUT Africa. They simply take place IN Africa with little to no cultural or historical elements of Africa or it's people. I am starting a recurring YouTube series called "From Nothing" which will be a fantasy/thriller stopmotion. I don't expect it to be the next Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones but I'm hoping I can at least gain some popularity so I can give our history and culture some momentum in the mainstream. My series will be based on historical facts as well as legends and mythology on a mythical continent known as Otiile. Here is my first episode. Feedback and support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSOVIfBC2P0
Re: Africa Needs More Presence In Movies, Shows, And Games by daveP(m): 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hmm

(jots a thing or two)
Re: Africa Needs More Presence In Movies, Shows, And Games by Kanoro: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
daveP:
Hmm

(jots a thing or two)

*scratches head in confusion*

(1) (Reply)

Extinction Of Cultural Values / Tribute To The Nigerian Armed Forces : Video / 5 Tips To Improve Your Halloween Photography - Happy Halloween 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.