Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? (2676 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! / 10 Classes Of Nigeria Driver's License / Wil My Lost Temporary Driver's License Deny Me The Permanent License? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? by mabeni(m): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
If ones temporary driver's license expired bt he has got no time to go n pick up the permanent one & unfortunately, such person is being caught by frsc:

1:What should he do?
2: what's his punishment for driving with expired temporary driver's license?
3:,is there anything he could do if he's no more in the state where the registered for the license?
Re: What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
If I may ask here...why would you let your temporary Driver's License lapse? You mentioned you've had no time to pick up the permanent one, but that's not really a valid excuse.

You would have had a year to plan ahead, but you chose to leave it to the last minute, until time ran out.
Re: What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? by mabeni(m): 10:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
Siena:
If I may ask here...why would you let your temporary Driver's License lapse? You mentioned you've had no time to pick up the permanent one, but that's not really a valid excuse.

You would have had a year to plan ahead, but you chose to leave it to the last minute, until time ran out.
I relocated to another state.

1 Like

Re: What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? by mabeni(m): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Siena:

Siena, pls, do have answer to any of my questions?
Re: What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? by DGD1(m): 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
mabeni:
Siena, pls, do have answer to any of my questions?

Siena no dey naija,
all your query na settlement required wen dey catch u,
bt if u meet stubborn official, he will book u.
abeg go and pick it up, once u know it is ready, if it's nt dey should give u anoda temporary one.
FRSC wahala......Hmmmmmm
Re: What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? by lonelydora: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2015
My experience: if Police stops you, do not show them expired licence/particulars. It is better to say you forgot them at home than showing a Nigerian police expired particulars.

If FRSC stops you, show them the expired licence.

But in any of the above, you must part with some money.

But Op, I don't want to say you are a carefree person. Why wait till now? Remember Xmas is around the corner and Police/FRSC must celebrate it in grand style.

1 Like

Re: What Happens Once Ones Temporary Driver's License Expired? by dannydevito(m): 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
Most likely ur permanent copy is ready.......try go pick it up.......my experience mine got expired went for a renew and was told to go collect the permanent copy its far cheaper than the hassles u could face on the road.
Cheers

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Transmission And Engine Oil For Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model / How We've Started Preventing The Spread Of Coronavirus At Our Auto Workshop / Peugeot 308 Is Not 307

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.