Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding (23653 Views)

Filling Station Manager Hacked To Death With Axes In Cross River. Graphic Photo / Final Year Student Hacked To Death By His Hausa Security Guard (Graphic Pic) / 20 Year-old Onitsha House Maid Hacked To Death For Refusing Sex With Boss’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by pet4ril(f): 7:32am On Oct 25, 2015
cry wonders shall never end cry what a wicked world cry
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Etizz: 7:32am On Oct 25, 2015
Heartless..... No amount of money worth the life of a human being...
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 25, 2015
If only he knew that lending that money out would have a domino effect. This just brings to my mind the fact that nothing is too small to seek God's approval or otherwise on before proceeding. Nothing.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by smsshola(m): 7:36am On Oct 25, 2015
On top money we all go die leave behind...
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by eboox(m): 7:36am On Oct 25, 2015
nna e 32k no b small tin o,bt i cnt kill 4 it though,
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Pecca: 7:38am On Oct 25, 2015
for 32grand? the value of life becomes, by the day, a lot more cheaper than that of a warthog.
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by iykebobywhite(m): 7:39am On Oct 25, 2015
We are indeed in a wicked world d hrt of men is deliberatly wicked. No body 2 truth not even ur own blood brother
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by menix(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2015
police should have allowed the crowd do justice to him..

very useless kunbiramous..
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Mancity26(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2015
Lagos again? Aliu! Aliu! I will like to break ur ball like egg.. Omo ale jatijati RIP to Kunbi.. Ontop his 32k, na wa oo. This PH-Alu tinx #funnyNation
comedian coming soon!
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by ilyas26(m): 7:48am On Oct 25, 2015
Poverty na disease
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2015
I better be careful! Because I also have some debtors owning me some huge amounts.

I no want die yet undecided
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by deramarks(f): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2015
Just because ov 32 thousand naira itz so unfair how pple cud b diz wicked. R. I. P
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by missyadorable(f): 7:52am On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmm! he couldn't pay his school fess but was preparing for his wedding Guess the wife to be was supposed to be the breadwinner
RIP to him
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by NobleMaster15: 7:58am On Oct 25, 2015
Wicked soul
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2015
I swear, I didn't come to check the name.

I'm neither appointed nor disappointed grin grin
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by lekan29ice(m): 8:06am On Oct 25, 2015
Wicked world
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Ryda(m): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2015
Ndimmadu sef angry
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by siegfried99(m): 8:16am On Oct 25, 2015
Very unfortunate story, people are wicked sha Killing the guy bcuz of the money you owed. Him? Crazy world.
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by freeanijor(m): 8:21am On Oct 25, 2015
Lesson of the story is if you can't give freely then don't even contemplate loaning your money out for the sake of your live. Man can be so unkind.
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by j4sure(m): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2015
hmmmmmm heartless and callous act over 32k
lolaxavier:
Tragedy struck at Olorunfunmi Street in Oworo area of Lagos, on Thursday, following the murder of a 32- year-old man, Lawal Afolabi Kunbi, allegedly by a debtor, in a bid to evade repayment.

Late Lawal Afolabi Kunbi (left) and his mother

Kunbi, a business administration student of Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo, reportedly received a telephone call from a private security guard, identified simply as Aliu, who lives on same street with him, to come and collect N32,000 owed him.

Sunday Vanguard gathered that the deceased, who owned a provision store, sold his motorcycle to Aliu, in order to raise money to pay his school fees, about a month ago.

However , after receiving the call, Kunbi dashed out of his shop to Aliu’s apartment, adjacent to his shop, obviously optimistic he would pay his school fees after all.

The unexpected

But, unknown to Kunbi, who was said to be preparing for his wedding in December, Aliu allegedly had a sinister motive up their sleeves. The bridegroom to be simply disappeared, forcing members of his family to conduct a search for him through out Thursday night.

The search party found the lifeless body of Kunbi around 9am on Friday behind Aliu’s compound, throwing the entire community into mourning. A source said the victim’s five fingers had been chopped off, while marks of violence were apparent all over his body. There also a rope tied round his neck, suggesting that he could have been strangled. The question on everyone’s lip was, who could have killed Kumbi?

Suspects arrested

Meanwhile, five suspects have been arrested by the police in connection with the incident. One of the suspects is Aliu.

Early that Friday, Aliu was allegedly seen fetching water from Kunbi’s compound. The number of times he went to fetch water reportedly arouse the curiosity of residents, necessitating the brave ones to ask what he was doing with the unusual volume of water he was fetching. Not satisfied with his explanation, some of the residents, it was learnt, forced their way into his apartment,where they allegedly discovered, to their shock, blood stains all over the place. The suspect was said to have been using the water to clean up the blood stains in his apartment, apparently to cover up his track. Also, shattered louvres were reportedly seen all over the apartment. Consequently, the residents descended on Aliu.

An eye witness told Sunday Vanguard: “When we searched through Kunbi’s telephone, which he left while he rushed to answer the call of death last night (Thursday), we discovered that the last caller was Aliu. When confronted at first, Aliu denied seeing him, insisting rather that a search team be raised to look for him.

What gave him away was the blood stain that was trailed, right from where Kunbi’s body was dumped, to Aliu’s apartment. We also saw a white cloth stained with blood, on the floor and the key of Kunbi’s shop in Aliu’s apartment. When he discovered that the game was up, he pleaded that we should not kill him and disclosed that the plan to kill Kunbi was hatched by his friends”.

We searched for victim – Landlady

Owner of the building, where Kunbi resided, who also spoke to Sunday Vanguard anonymously, said

‘’I leased out one of my shops to Kunbi two years ago. He was a jolly good fellow and full of wisdom. That was why I always made out time to advise him about life. However, one thing about him was that he kept secrets. Perhaps if he had told one about this, we would have mediated on the payment.

“That fateful night, I sent my daughter to go and lock the gate, only for her to come back to say Kunbi’s shop was still opened at that odd hour. I decided to come down myself to lock the gate and still met the shop opened. I was surprised because it was very much unlike him . He never kept late nights nor lived a frivolous life. I decided to go downstairs to lock the gate myself , with the intention that he would call when he returned. A boy told me he left the shop at about 8pm and, when I asked where he went to, he could not provide answer. I decided to call him on the phone, only to discover it was ringing right in his shop. Two hours later, I called the boy who said he saw Kunbi going out, to find out if he was back but he said no. At that moment, I knew something was wrong and informed my husband.

To my shock, after my morning devotion, I went out only to see a crowd watching a lifeless body that was covered with nylon. On further enquiry, it was the body of Kunbi!”.

Mob

At about 1pm, that Friday, some policemen, from Alonge Oworo Division, arrived the scene with the suspects, who were taken to the apartment where the heinous crime was allegedly committed. All of a sudden, a crowd that had gathered descended on the suspects, to the amazement of the policemen, attempting to carry out a jungle justice. But the move was stopped by the firing of tear gas by the policemen.

Spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, Joe Offor, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, confirmed the incident, adding that investigation was still ongoing.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/undergraduate-hacked-to-death-two-months-to-wedding/
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by francizy(m): 8:27am On Oct 25, 2015
kennyman2000:
Not again oooo

Hmmmm... I can relate with this scenerio. People are very wicked.. We people dont have enemies, we're our own worst enemies..

I could remember few months back when a man who's just like a street bro called me and asked if i could lend him 1k, that i should please, he'ld refund it the next day when he comes back from work. He needs it very urgent. I felt pity for him and borrowed him.

I didnt see this bro after like 2 weeks, me not knowing this bro used to see me but hide. Not until one day i caught him when he's trying to hide, when he saw me again..

I just greeted him and didnt made mentioned of the money.. He greeted me as well. Till today, he doesnt greet me until i greet him. What surprised me most was how mean he looks one day when i greeted him. Since that day, na avoid i dey avoid am.. Cos na me supposed dey vex.. I no come understand him own vexation, even after not paying me..

I wish the suspect all the worst lessons of life in his prison tourism..

That's people that regard themselves as human beings oh! Imagine someone behaving like this just because he was owing you just ONE THOUSAND NAIRA. That means he'd have killed you since had it been it was up to N10,000.

This is the main reason I don't blame some rich men who don't help the poor, because it's still some of those who were helped in their time of need that related back with evil.

Tufiakwa! This country sucks men!!

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by unilagfreshest(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2015
so sad it happened on my street, dnt knw him tho, bt i knw d house.i live at no 11..RIP...to kunbi, d guy is aboki nd thr was chaos on fri evening which almost resulted in yoruba vs hausa fracas....but d deed is done already. 32k nd u killed a soul... now to we alive.
1. wen lending som1 money esp huge amount u cant forgo, have at least 2 or more witness from ur side.
2. never be too secretive esp wen it involves money/deal/business, carry ur Friends/family along.
3. wen going out, always inform som1 close to you it might be anybody(neighbor,friend,bro,sis or som1 dat will get ur back in case tins go wrong). have heard ppl travel for buss transaction without telling any1 or evn to bleep without informing any1.(bro u r risking ur life). som ppl r not found til today cz of them being so secretive. Have an accomplice (partner in crime) if u knw wat i mean, that u tell everything abt yourself... enoff said.. d plan only foiled cz it ws committed close to d victim house if he had planned it well nd taken him to far distance b4 committing d act, maybe thr wont b news by now... Pray nd ka ma SORA.
btw.. tomao is ma bday...waow.
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Vainglory: 8:29am On Oct 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
I better be careful! Because I also have some debtors owning me some huge amounts.

I no want die yet undecided
The lesson is simple. Never go to collect a debt alone.
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by emilyone(f): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2015
Gaborone:
If only he knew that lending that money out would have a domino effect. This just brings to my mind the fact that nothing is too small to seek God's approval or otherwise on before proceeding. Nothing.

May his soul rest in peace.

You are very right
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by funkybully(f): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2015
Yoloba and their evil wicked ways, this tiger whisker on their faces make them wicked.

Imagine wasting life bc of 30k.

Tufiakwa!
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 25, 2015
Some humans are sooo barbaric, you can't tell the difference between them and an animal. Smh!
May he RIP!
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by giftalways(f): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2015
Trendy247:
Hmmm .. He was preparing for his wedding but couldn't pay his Skul fees. RIP sha
**** I wonder ooooo***
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by Setaje(f): 8:46am On Oct 25, 2015
Never lend money you cannot forfeit. If u ask me to borrow u 10k. I will tell u I don't have and dash u 1k. Simple........
Re: Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding by chronique(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2015
These days,Nigerians be living like savages and cannibals. Life aint no longer precious in the present day Nigerian society. Well,I guess when next I'm going to draw debt,I'd go with a jack knife/dagger in my pocket just incase it might be needed. I've learnt never to borrow out money I can't dash people,again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thieves Who Stole From RCCG Church In Delta State Caught (Photos) / Man Paraded In Bayelsa With "I AM A THIEF" Tag Hanging On His Neck By Vigilante / Israeli Hostage Says She Was Sexually Assaulted And Tortured In Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.