Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,461 members, 7,812,409 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

The Henchman (pilot/chapter One) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Henchman (pilot/chapter One) (402 Views)

The Diary Of A Justified Player – Chapter One / Story: Betrayal Of Love Chapter One / If The Henchman Was A Movie (characters And Cast For The Henchman Available.) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Henchman (pilot/chapter One) by RemenZack(f): 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
It was a bright, sunny, very sunny and promising Monday morning. The streets smelled of Coffee and Doughnuts. It was less busy and people were more chatty. It was unusual for a Monday morning.
 Susie Logan, a 24 year old assistant to Mr Cowell Johnson, the Managing Director of Made Well Publishing. Susie was smart, loyal and very meek. In fact, she was too meek and very loyal. Thanks to her Mother's stern upbringing back in the days.
 Susie had a younger sister, Dakota who fled a few years ago with boyfriend, Benjamin Foster, the rock star. They decided to take things to the next level, making Dakota dispose all and follow Ben to his infamous and not so talked about tours with his notorious band mates. Susie was brought up well. She was loved by her parents, before her Father's death. But after his demise, things changed. Her Mother vowed to surrender and give all to Susie and Dakota. And it worked out well, but only for Susie, all of the effort paid off. She was just 24, dating a good looking and responsible male in the same company as herself and was enjoying life to the fullest.
 She was never late to work, especially on Mondays. She had a good head on her shoulder, making her personality ooze out confidence. She was slightly tall, the heels she often wore made her seem taller though. Her teeth were perfectly set in her small, pout mouth and her hair was ever shiny in black, bold locks. Many of the other workers envied her style and calm personality. She was a goddess.
 Susie confidently walked into her small office. She had her own assistant, even when she was an assistant to Mr Cowell. There was a cup of hot coffee on her desk and also, a plastic plate of muffins. She licked her lips ceremoniously and was about taking a bite from the delectable looking muffins when the office phone rang vigorously. It shocked her momentarily, making the little hairs on her neck stand out. She calmed herself down with a sip of her hot coffee before taking the call.
 "Hello! Susie Logan, Made Well Publishing, here." She said in a clipped and relaxed tone.
 "Sus! Get in my office now and while you're at it, get me a box of cake, you know what I like, don't you?" Mr Cowell almost hollered on the phone. Susie was already accustomed to the mercurial ways of her boss of 2 years. She simply smiled and obeyed every of his little and senseless commands.
 "I do, Sir. I'm right on it". Then, Mr Cowell ended the call immediately. Susie quickly took another sip from her coffee and a big bite from the muffins. She was hungry but she had to get a big box of chocolate cake for her boss on an early Monday morning. How unusual and much of a fool's errand it was. She quickly ordered her assistant to get someone to get the cake job done. And when, it was done, Susie took the box of cake and entered Mr Cowell's office after a nanosecond of knocking on the door.
Re: The Henchman (pilot/chapter One) by melekan(m): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
front seat..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mandy's Law Episode 11 / Show Me The Money-a Poem / The Leper (poetry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.