Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year (1823 Views)

3 Chelsea Players Short Listed For The PFA Fans’ Player Of The Season Award. / Vote For PFA Fans Player Of The Year Here / Mikel Wins Fans Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by tocdee(m): 3:20pm On May 05, 2009
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_5283524,00.html

Liverpool skipper makes up for missing out on Players' Player trophy

5th May 2009

Any disappointment PFA Players' Player of the year nominee Steven Gerrard may have felt on missing out on the union's grand prize can now be erased, as he has scooped the fans' award.

The Liverpool skipper, who has picked up three monthly awards this season, can now add the title of PFA Fans' Player of the Year 2009 to his ever-growing list of honours.

England midfielder Gerrard was the first ever winner of our annual fans' player award back in 2001 and this latest tribute shows that his popularity is as great as ever.

There's no bigger fan of the inspirational Liverpool star than PFA Chief Executive Gordon Taylor: "Steven has always been a particular favourite of mine and I was delighted when he was nominated by his fellow pros for our Players' Player of the Year award.

"Obviously, that particular award went to Ryan Giggs, and rightly so, and I am equally thrilled that football fans up and down the country, givemefootball readers, have acknowledged Steven in this way.
Worthy winner

"Like his many supporters and suitors, I have the utmost respect and admiration for the way he continues to go about his business. He is a top pro and a worthy winner."

Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by tocdee(m): 3:31pm On May 05, 2009
By the way, the other boy in that first photo was Gerrard's best friend, Tony Hibbert, who's now a star with Everton football club, the other side of merseyside.
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by Ibime(m): 3:47pm On May 05, 2009
Really? So Hibbert is best friends with Stevie G? Anyway, G deserves the award for this season.
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by bgees(m): 3:59pm On May 06, 2009
it is very hard to understand why the PFA award went to Ryan Giggs. clearly, the people that voted did so wrongly.
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by Sauron1: 4:06pm On May 06, 2009
bgees:

it is very hard to understand why the PFA award went to Ryan Giggs. clearly, the people that voted did so wrongly.

I still don't understand why any Liverpool player should win any football awards.
Where is the title to show for it?
Torres has joined Liverpool now for 2 seasons and he has won Bleep all!!!
Now the jobless Scousers flood the internet to vote Gerrard as the PFA fans' player of the year.
It's fuckery.
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by bgees(m): 4:34pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

I still don't understand why any Liverpool player should win any football awards.
Now the jobless Scousers flood the internet to vote Gerrard as the PFA fans' player of the year.
It's fuckery.

just the kind of opinion i expect from u. just remember that the title as not been won yet.
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by tocdee(m): 4:55pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

[/b]Now the jobless Scousers flood the internet to vote Gerrard as the PFA fans' player of the year.
It's fuckery.

You know what's fuckery? Ferguson's first four years at Utd yielding a series of 13th, 14th, 13th, etc. But the greatest fuckery of them all is the fact that you still can't get a hold of useful brain-cells! tongue People are getting more intelligent you know.

[b]Now let's wait for your latest rant.
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by Sauron1: 5:01pm On May 06, 2009
bgees:

just the kind of opinion i expect from u. just remember that the title as not been won yet.

The title is done n dusted.
If i were you, i will be preparing to challenge again next season.

tocdee:

You know what's fuckery? Ferguson's first four years at Utd yielding a series of 13th, 14th, 13th, etc. But the greatest fuckery of them all is the fact that you still can't get a hold of useful brain-cells! tongue People are getting more intelligent you know.

U have never been an intelligent person.
What has Ferguson's first four years gotta do with PFA?
You are a waste to the donor/recipient of the Y-chromosomes that made you.

Now let's wait for your latest rant.

I don't trade words with verminous bastards like you.
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by bgees(m): 5:27pm On May 06, 2009
tocdee:

Now let's wait for your latest rant.

now thats ' fuckery. grin grin grin
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by tocdee(m): 5:53pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

~Sauron~:

What has Ferguson's first four years gotta do with PFA?

As I said, get some! wink

Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by Sauron1: 5:55pm On May 06, 2009
tocdee:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/145083_1063538-c44678c932d76db0_jpgd66f68c2b5d4001c4a1bb033e8a06dba[/img]

Is the animal in this picture the recipient or the donor of the Y-chromosomes that made you? grin grin grin grin
I can see the STRIKING resemblance. grin grin grin
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by kaypumpin2(m): 6:00pm On May 06, 2009
Sauron and Tocdee

When will you two learn to discuss footie without name calling?

It's needless and uncalled for.
Re: Gerrard: Pfa Fans Player Of The Year by tocdee(m): 6:10pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Is the animal in this picture the recipient or the donor of the Y-chromosomes that made you? grin grin grin grin
I can see the STRIKING resemblance. grin grin grin

You need two images to 'see a resemblance' wink

kay_pumpin:

Sauron and Tocdee

When will you two learn to discuss footie without name calling?

It's needless and uncalled for.

Naah mate, I don't call names and no offence BUT this guy really needs some help!! And I find it quite exhilirating to be of some assistance smiley

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Footballer Star Vincent Enyeama Celebrates His Wife On Instagram / 9 Most Underrated Players In World Football Right Now / Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.