Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba (2167 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! / Will “the Wire” Star Idris Elba Be The Next James Bond? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by buttercop(m): 4:09pm On May 05, 2009
saw the trailer of this movie and was enthralled. seemed like what will be a good miovie to watch. it's a thriller with former destiny's Child lead singer-now Mrs jAY-Z; who has had role in comedies and musicals one of which is Dream Girls, as the wife of idris elba who is stalked by a woman who likes him and simply throws herself at him. beyonce is enraged by this and she get into real fight with this woman Ali Carter (i'm not sure i got the surname right). this kind of role is very new to Beyonce Knowles unlike the other lead actress who has had many roles as this one. During the premiere in LA recently, Bee said that the fight scenes where not very hard cos they were somewhat choreographed and being a choreographer that she was it was a piece of cake. i'd recommend this movie for all thriller lovers and BeYonce fans and movie lovers in general cos i think they pulled it of with Be as the lead in a thriller. heck it's no 1 on US box ofice. not every movie gets there. also at the premiere Idris said he loved his role cos two beautiful women had to fight over him.[sub]must consider himself lucky,i'd say[/sub i so hope silverbird starts showing the movie soon. i can't wait to see it.
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by Nobody: 4:14am On May 11, 2009
WEAK movie and Beyonce's acting is well below par.
started great then later on the movie ending was weak weak weak and so predictable!!!!
Beyonce did produce the movie(as well as Magic Jonhson) so maybe thats why she got the part "who didnt fit her AT ALL" (Vivica would have done a much better job) and she should definitely stick to SINGING!
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by spoilt(f): 4:17am On May 11, 2009
it was a corny movie but the crowd i saw it with were great sports. We cheered Beyonce on all the way. Thats the way to kick the arse of some scraggy shrimp trying to take your man. grin
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by StrStruck(f): 7:01am On May 11, 2009
The movie was an over the top "Fatal Attraction" mess. Once you've seen the trailer, you've seen the movie.

Beyonce NEEDS acting school.
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by StrStruck(f): 7:02am On May 11, 2009
The other woman is Ali [b]L[/b]arter lol
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by buttercop(m): 2:43pm On May 11, 2009
St☆rStruck:

The other woman is Ali [b]L[/b]arter lol
yeah i said so in my second post. thanks anyways
MRbrownJAY:

started great then later on the movie ending was weak weak weak and so predictable!!!!
Beyonce did produce the movie(as well as Magic Jonhson) so maybe thats why she got the part "who didnt fit her AT ALL" (Vivica would have done a much better job) and she should definitely stick to SINGING!

yeah yeah vivica woulda done better but she didn't get the role. as far as i'm concerned beyonce kicked assm literarily. by the way thanks for acknowledging that she's a good singer
St☆rStruck:

The movie was an over the top "Fatal Attraction" mess. Once you've seen the trailer, you've seen the movie.

yes they say it's like an adaptation from fatal attraction but it was not a mess
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by mohawkchic(f): 2:46am On May 12, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

St☆rStruck:

~*Burst . . . goes my Bubble!*  grin

~I watched the trailer & had hopes the movie will be good too,considering how much it generated in the box office! What a bummer!!

~Defo would have hated paying my £  to watch a crazy white woman Stalk a brotha Fatal Attraction style & Bee's mediocre acting skills!! cheesy

~Was Idris any better?
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by StrStruck(f): 2:50am On May 12, 2009
mohawkchic:

~*Burst . . . goes my Bubble!*  grin

~I watched the trailer & had hopes the movie will be good too,considering how much it generated in the box office! What a bummer!!

~Defo would have hated paying my £  to watch a crazy white woman Stalk a brotha Fatal Attraction style & Bee's mediocre acting skills!! cheesy

~Was Idris any better?

Idris and Ali were amazing but Beyonce's acting and the script ruined it all. The only scene worth watching was the overstretched and overdone fight scene.

I would recommend watching it online if you're bored.
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by mohawkchic(f): 2:53am On May 12, 2009
~Aaah okies . . .Ta. StarStruck wink
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by Nobody: 3:06am On May 12, 2009
buttercop:

yeah i said so in my second post. thanks anywaysyeah yeah vivica woulda done better but she didn't get the role. as far as i'm concerned beyonce kicked assm literarily. by the way thanks for acknowledging that she's a good singeryes they say it's like an adaptation from fatal attraction but it was not a mess

come on Buttercop, we have to be honest. Beyonce was great in Dreamgirls (in my opinion) but in this movie, the role was not fit for her as she is not that versatile as an actress and she only got the part because she produce the damn flick. acting is like singing. there are song that you can sing and others that you better leave alone.
you are more like a Beyonce fan who will never see anything wrong with what she does therefore never have an honest opinion about her work.
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by AloyEmeka9: 5:46am On May 12, 2009
Beyonce is not an actress and I don't know why they keep pushing her into it just to sell movies. Crossover stars rarely make it in acting anyway.
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by Nobody: 6:38am On May 12, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Beyonce is not an actress and I don't know why they keep pushing her into it just to sell movies. Crossover stars rarely make it in acting anyway.

well the declining sales due to illegal music download is a reason why many singers/artists try their hands at other professions. there isnt as much money in music as before (not like she is suffering financially anyway)
they are all desperate to branch into the movie business because compare to the music industry, an actor gets paid whether or not people go to the movies or the movie is a success.
by the way, Will Smith/Jamie Foxx are the most successful singer turn actor but you can also check Ice cube, Ice T, J-lo, 50, Justin etc

here is a link to watch the movie and make your own mind

OBSESSED: http://www.supernovatube.com/human.php?viewkey=a0e5c66a860d51d2a7bc
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by ijawgirl: 10:56pm On May 20, 2009
I enjoyed every minute

great movie
Re: Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba by shotster50(m): 12:23am On May 21, 2009
Beyonce needs to stick to making music music for her lil teeny boopers.

(1) (Reply)

Spartacus I Vs Spartacus I I: Which Made More Sense? / How Can I Start Uploading Yoruba Movies On Youtube Without Getting Ban From Copy / Funke Akindele Reveals Release Dates For “omo Ghetto 2″ & “the Return Of Jenifa”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.