Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! (1950 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Tonto Dikeh Plays A Preacher In New Movie (Photos) / Obsessed Starring Beyonce Knowles And Briton- Idris Elba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by onila(f): 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kaiii too much emphasis on the African-nigerian accent. Eh eh. They should have taken a SA.imho
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Afam4eva(m): 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hell No.
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
His accent is bad.

Don Cheadle could do better.
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by onila(f): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Kaiii too much emphasis on the African-nigerian accent. Eh eh. They should have taken a SA.imho
dummy

idris is american

acting as a south african with a SA accent
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
onila: dummy

idris is american

Idris is from England actually tongue
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by onila(f): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
adaobi123:

Idris is from England actually tongue
but has lived in america for quite a while now
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by donlawrenzo(m): 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
I would prefer morgan freeman

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
Idris looks nothing like him and has no cultural links to SA or Mandela...

Even the complexion and skin tone is wrong. angry

That said, I think Nonso Diobi should have been given the role cool
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
onila: dummy

idris is american

i knew a dumb was going to quote .but i wasn't excepting the dumbest one. What does his nationality has to do with the accent they used? Please don't quote me when u are seeing ur periods. Hollywood is well known to always give funny accents to actors playing The African role . Take lord of war , bourne identity , to list a few. This is so stereotypical.besides SA don't speaking that way and Americans don't speak that way so I'm right,they overdid it eh eh that's some funny west af accent. And go easy with ur inferiority complex everyone has an accent.you can also check hotel Rwanda.ewu
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i knew a dumb was going to quote .but i wasn't excepting the dumbest one. What does his nationality has to do with the accent they used? Please don't quote me when u are seeing ur periods. Hollywood is well known to always give funny accents to actors playing The African role . Take lord of war , bourne identity , to list a few. This is so stereotypical.besides SA don't speaking that way and Americans don't speak that way so I'm right,they overdid it eh eh that's some funny west af accent. And go easy with ur inferiority complex everyone has an accent.you can also check hotel Rwanda.ewu

I agree...

It's shocking that Di Caprio had a better Boer/SA accent in Blood Diamond than Elba in this movie

Nonso Diobi could have done much better
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by onila(f): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i knew a dumb was going to quote .but i wasn't excepting the dumbest one. What does his nationality has to do with the accent they used? Please don't quote me when u are seeing ur periods. Hollywood is well known to always give funny accents to actors playing The African role . Take lord of war , bourne identity , to list a few. This is so stereotypical.besides SA don't speaking that way and Americans don't speak that way so I'm right,they overdid it eh eh that's some funny west af accent. And go easy with ur inferiority complex everyone has an accent.you can also check hotel Rwanda.ewu
tongue he tried

he did well

so sharrap
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
Onila, since when did you become ill-tempered? Wetin warrant the name calling 'dummy'...? Don't fall my hand!

BTW, morgan freeman is my better candidate
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by onila(f): 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
uniqueval: Onila, since when did you become ill-tempered? Wetin warrant the name calling 'dummy'...? Don't fall my hand!

he think he knows 2 much
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
onila: he think he knows 2 much

There are a lot of people like that on Nairaland Academy... You are an old student, you sld be used to it...
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
cheesy cheesy Don't worry i go pound u tonight wellam grin
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by onila(f): 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
uniqueval: Onila, since when did you become ill-tempered? Wetin warrant the name calling 'dummy'...? Don't fall my hand!

morgan freeman is too old

they need someone young
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by onila(f): 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: cheesy cheesy Don't worry i go pound u tonight wellam grin
dont worry i get pounded daily

dont need yr help
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
onila: dont worry i get pounded daily

dont need yr help
undecided undecided . I go pass backdoor tongue tongue. Ashawo tongue
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
donlawrenzo: I would prefer morgan freeman
Morgan Freeman already acted as Mandela in a movie.

Idris Elba is too young plus he's too physically built to portray Nelson Mandela. I'm yet to come to terms to the fact that he was made to play a pastor in one movie like that that also starred Donnie Mclurkin.
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Afam4eva(m): 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
onila: morgan freeman is too old

they need someone young
Isn't Mandela old? Abi, are we talking about his life from when he was young?
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Idowuogbo(f): 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
Idris ke? Gawd! Dats a no no! Na only Morgan Freedodo fit murder dat role.
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by free2ryhme: 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Saka would have don better
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by free2ryhme: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2013

CAMEROONPRIDE: cheesy cheesy Don't worry i go pound u tonight wellam grin

Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by onila(f): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Morgan Freeman already acted as Mandela in a movie.

Idris Elba is too young plus he's too physically built to portray Nelson Mandela. I'm yet to come to terms to the fact that he was made to play a pastor in one movie like that that also starred Donnie Mclurkin.

mandela was young when he started the revolution so they need someones young to portray him and not old rugged freeman
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by onila(f): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: undecided undecided . I go pass backdoor tongue tongue. Ashawo tongue
u are not on my level
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 25, 2013
onila: u are not on my level
You two should get married already tongue wink cheesy
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by obo389(m): 5:52am On Jul 25, 2013

Dt guy don old abeg.som1young4rm d begining of d storey(mandela)till old age.
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 25, 2013
onila: u are not on my level
lwkmd . I heard u
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 25, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
You two should get married already tongue wink cheesy
shes a gold digger. I aint marrying a gold digger .i only lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 25, 2013
donlawrenzo: I would prefer morgan freeman
true but problem is mandela looked younger prior 1994 than freeman does now
Re: Do You Think Idris Elba Is The Best Man To Act As Mandela In The New Movie! by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
Isn't Mandela old? Abi, are we talking about his life from when he was young?
freeman looks too old to be acting as Mandela before 1994

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Movie Channel Nollywood Movie: Cluster / Lokking For Good Audio Studio? Try Instinct Productions / Kalu Ikeagwu, Expensive, Bigmo And Yaqsman In Diary Of The Triplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.