Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA (72723 Views)

The Igbo Farm Village: Built In Virginia,usa By The DC USA Chapter Of Anambrasta / What Does The Prefix ''uru/uhu'' In Some Igbo Village Mean? / Igbo Community Built In Virginia USA See Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by BlackOnassis(m): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nice concept
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by ElFenomeno1: 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lovely.....
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by otiigba1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
Brilliant! Fabulous! AM hopping indigbo i the UK follows suit, next i don't need to go to alaigbo, i just go to virginia, save me travel ticket money (sarcasm) grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by otiigba1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nice! No need to travel to alaigbo any more. I just go to virginia. Save me travel ticket money tongue hope they have palm wine and kola nut there grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by MbashrexBashir(m): 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
;DThis land will make a good country for Biafra nd Biafrans.
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by bigfrancis21: 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
otiigba1:
Nice! No need to travel to alaigbo any more. I just go to virginia. Save me travel ticket money tongue hope they have palm wine and kola nut there grin

Yea...you can spend your christmas there this year. hehehe grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by chinae(m): 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
I rep nwa afor from my blood to the marrow, cool with it? Taste our blood cos we will borrow, mad with us? Papa u are cajoled to a point u ar filled with sorrow.
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by otiigba1(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yea...you can spend your christmas there this year. hehehe grin
na so my brother! Am heading there on christmas day, its cheaper than travelling all the way to alaigbo grin just to eat oka na ube with palm wine

1 Like

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by venatus25(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
In the pictures, I saw African in a village somewhere celebrating their culture in their owned style and also a picture of undeveloped village where resisident can't afford a brick house or any decent home.
Please, everyone should pay an attention to my warning, on behalf of igbos I hereby reject those people in the pictures as part of us. With numerous reasons, but I have time to give only one of my reason, provided igbo tribe is concern, they are know as a developers whose ambition is on always on developing any environment they find themselves. Those you see there are not igbos when considering their ways of live and the existing opportunity surrounding them yet they can't utilize it to their environmental and personal development.
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by oluamid(m): 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You do know there are different definitions and interpretation of the word 'conquer'? It's a pity if the only thing you can think about is fighting and destructions.
Igbos are not know to be violent but they rise up and 'conquer' every situation life throws at them. If you know how igbos conquered difficulties in the 70s and still get to where they are today. You will definitely use the word ''conquerors' to define them

I think strong-willed is the word you are looking for.

Anyways, I'm a big fan of the Igbo spirit. How I wish people will dispel with this tribal thingy and see the beauty in our diversity.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by samplegirl(f): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oh my goodness. I had intention of staying in Atlanta or Chicago any time I visit the Us but this has completely turned my head. It is so lovely for it is so natural. Virginia is the place.

Igbo amaka nu ndi be anyi.

Igbo ndi oma, Chineke ga na-agozi unu.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by sabaeh(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
Anamachi3:

U need common sense but we gat a problem becoz common sense this day is not common to hv
I can see you have more than enuff common sense..

OPONU
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by sabaeh(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
anyaekekehinde:

are they helping to destroy virginia ?
Story for the gods...
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by sabaeh(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
eduwando:
So sorry,I wish there some thing I can do about your situation but unfortunately there none,I expects you die before hate will kill you,kill your mother join
As it has destroyed ur generations
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by teamchocolate: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
Boring thread!! Waste of data undecided
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
teamchocolate:
Boring thread!! Waste of data undecided
^^ Because it is not anti-Igbo rhetoric abi ?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by teamchocolate: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
imhotep:

^^ Because it is not anti-Igbo rhetoric abi ?

Nope, cuz I av seen this exact thread before on FP plus, there is rly nothing new, nothing to see....
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by prophetfire: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
Holyfield1:
Igbo kwenu yeeehhh...Won a so e nu yeeehhhh
Why are you people so crude?I was expecting to see beautiful houses not mud huts angry
Una just dey disgrace us home and abroad,Sha no carry ur Biafra go vagina,sorry Virginia
as usual palm oil soup people should go and die. WE ARE AHEAD.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by SirdeKay: 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
So it's no longer Israel? Maybe Syria is next.
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
teamchocolate:

Nope, cuz I av seen this exact thread before on FP plus, there is rly nothing new, nothing to see....
You mean nothing new for YOU to see?
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Bluffly: 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nonsense. Yet they want to keep behaving like slaves on another mans land.
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
Bluffly:
Nonsense. Yet they want to keep behaving like slaves on another mans land.
^

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by mayorwesley: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yeebos always trying to immitate yorubas, i can rememba an article on nairaland taking about a yoruba village in US, Yeebos have suddenly gone to build mud houses, claiming to have there own village there. Soon we go hear say them wan form Biafra for yankee.
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
mayorwesley:
Yeebos always trying to immitate yorubas, i can rememba an article on nairaland taking about a yoruba village in US, Yeebos have suddenly gone to build mud houses, claiming to have there own village there. Soon we go hear say them wan form Biafra for yankee.
^^see this almajiri

There are no Yeebos in Nigeria.

But ndi Igbo amaka (always and everywhere grin grin)

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Ihuomadinihu: 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
oluamid:

I think strong-willed is the word you are looking for.

Anyways, I'm a big fan of the Igbo spirit. How I wish people will dispel with this tribal thingy and see the beauty in our diversity.
Nope...i'm not looking for any other word. You don't tell people how to define their situations. All the same,you are different and interested in the igbo culture which is commendable.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Franky9584(m): 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
we no fit carry last nah #proudlyIGBO

1 Like

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Taryehmiseh(m): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
Holyfield1:
Why are you people so crude?I was expecting to see beautiful houses not mud huts angry
Una just dey disgrace us home and abroad,Sha no carry ur Biafra go vagina,sorry Virginia
Why? Why do u have to divert to tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Biosahal: 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
akksplendor:
The Igbo village is located in Staunton, Virginia, USA. According to one of the organizers Basil Okafor, "The State of Virginia and US government recognize the Igbos as one of the early slaves who settled in Virginia." See more photos below...http://www.splendormag.com/2015/10/photos-inside-igbo-village-virginia-usa.html
See lies. I tout they will prefer to build in CANAAN. Since they are descendant of Hebrews.
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by 247notire(m): 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
croSStodds:
grin omo ale radarada,so you had to indite "osun state" to create a scene?grin.it's so evident you're an antagonistic fellow always looking for the slightest opportunity to throw tantrums and jibes.I know igbos to be well-mannered and congenitally benevolent, but it's so ostensible yours is the other way round.
I smell a dirty slimy ewedu gulping slave... Yea, it stinks like hell! Get the hell out of my mentions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Biosahal: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
Igbo kwenu. Is lovely being an igbo man,the best tribe. Reping anambra and anioma. Ndi bee anyi mma mma nuu oo.
Na lie. Igbo man sabi lie
Re: Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA by Obiwiz(m): 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
Holyfield1:
Pained and pissed. But why? Just because person say make u and ur ancestors stay far from am, una wan kill person on top d matter. Whatever happened to self-worth and dignity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman / Nigerians Shocked Over Zimbabwean Traditional Twerk Dance. See Reactions(Photos) / Why Did Yoruba Culture Survive In Latin America And Not Igbo Or Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.