Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die (1898 Views)

Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update / Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One / “old Soldier Never Dies; So Does Tecno L8” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 26, 2015
Before I begin, I understand quite well that my articles may not interest everyone on nairaland but I have no blog or website, so for now I would continue to write my articles here. God would bless the Mod that would read this and push it to fp, amen. If you personally wants to get updates from me, you can follow me here on NL or join my BBM Channel C00220024.

Let's begin smiley

I'm sure we all know the Blackberry Bold 9900 also known as the Bold 5, this phone is 4 years old announced 2 may, 2011, yet the phone has refused to go into the dust like the rest of the phones released that year and has since 2 years stopped receiving any support or update of whatever, infact no phone this old does except the iPhone 4s announced october 2011, which has also not completely gone into extinction but can be rarely seen compared to the popularity in hands of the Blackberry Bold 5. The Bold 5 was also seen in the hands of a Google executive Chairman Eric Schmidt 'who can get any android phone in the world within minutes' about last year. And a phone which was once discontinued resumed mass production early last due to its high demand. So what is unique/special about the Bold 5 that people still buy it? why is this phone not dead yet? Why is it still surplus in the market? What do people get exactly from a phone this old?

1. Internet Plans
Bold 5 was one of the last models of Blackberry to support a service called 'Blackberry Internet Service' Abbreviated as BIS and was therefore the last flagship device to support it. I personally don't know how the service works but what I know is, network providers provide up to 5 times cheaper rate than the rate of buying regular data to have the service running. This means a regular user can buy a data of 200mb for up to N1000 while a bold 5 user just pay N200 for the same 200mb. The service was dropped with the launched of z10 and Blackberry 10os.

2. Price
Do you know you can purchase a very neat almost new or infact looking new Blackberry Bold 9900 for as low as N10,000? Yes Ten Thousand Naira! No other ex-flagship in the world is this cheap, not even the iphone 4s. So I would have to break my pocket (cos not so rich people don't have bank acct to break grin) to get a good phone?

3. It Looks
After taking after the looks of the original Blackberry Bold, The Bold 9900 is one of the most elegant looking phones in past years and the phone still looks premium in the eyes of the onlooker, so the phones tends to report some positive class of the user, as some people with even more advanced and expensive android/windows phones (in the affordable category) thinks the Bold 5 user has some more change in his pocket, meanwhile its just because the phone looks classy and expensive.

4. Its Apps
There is a way blackberry Bold 5 and older models app works that makes it very simplified and not complex at all, and the way it also works like the apps were built into the os, making respond very fast. Also the phone app was made priority as blackberry remembered its a phone! Many people still find it hard to adjust to the new smart devices that makes call system and every app works so individually. This system was tried to be pushed into blackberry 10os but still did not work as fine as previous models.

5. Add Yours
So if you know you own or use a Blackberry Bold 5 or models in its category, tell us why you bought and still use one when there is every reason in the world to throw it in a bin.

Thaz all
Thanks
Another Runzlord's article

References:
www.phonearena.com/news/Guess-who-still-uses-a-BlackBerry-A-BlackBerry-Bold-9900-to-be-exact_id61191
www.phonearena.com/news/BlackBerry-to-restart-production-of-the-BlackBerry-Bold-9900_id54519
www.phonearena.com/phones/BlackBerry-Bold-9900_id5141

Remember to join my channel smiley

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by lekjons(m): 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
My name is lalasticlala and i'm not pushing this sh!t to fp..
bye-bye
Re: Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by Whizpeter(m): 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
lekjons:
My name is lalasticlala and i'm not pushing this sh!t to fp..

bye-bye

My name is Seun and this sh_t is FP worthy, so do the needful...

Runzlord, as usual you didn't disappoint, Nice article...

I bought a Bold5 last year June for 20k, because of its premium look and design...

But that phone gimme headache ehn... I sold it after two weeks for 16k...

I pitied the new owner, cos the guy don't know me personally, he just saw me with the phone that day and liked it....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
Whizpeter:

My name is Seun and this sh_t is FP worthy, so do the needful...

Runzlord, as usual you didn't disappoint, Nice article...

I bought a Bold5 last year June for 20k, because of its premium look and design...

But that phone gimme headache ehn... I sold it after two weeks for 16k...

I pitied the new owner, cos the guy don't know me personally, he just saw me with the phone that day and liked it....

Lmao cheesy
Re: Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
Bold 5 is an amazing BlackBerry model. Nice post OP. This phone is the most popular model BlackBerry has.
Re: Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by ddjay: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
runzlord:
Before I begin, I understand quite well that my articles may not interest everyone on nairaland but I have no blog or website, so for now I would continue to write my articles here. God would bless the Mod that would read this and push it to fp, amen. If you personally wants to get updates from me, you can follow me here on NL or join my BBM Channel C00220024.

Let's begin smiley

I'm sure we all know the Blackberry Bold 9900 also known as the Bold 5, this phone is 4 years old announced 2 may, 2011, yet the phone has refused to go into the dust like the rest of the phones released that year and has since 2 years stopped receiving any support or update of whatever, infact no phone this old does except the iPhone 4s announced october 2011, which has also not completely gone into extinction but can be rarely seen compared to the popularity in hands of the Blackberry Bold 5. The Bold 5 was also seen in the hands of a Google executive Chairman Eric Schmidt 'who can get any android phone in the world within minutes' about last year. And a phone which was once discontinued resumed mass production early last due to its high demand. So what is unique/special about the Bold 5 that people still buy it? why is this phone not dead yet? Why is it still surplus in the market? What do people get exactly from a phone this old?

1. Internet Plans
Bold 5 was one of the last models of Blackberry to support a service called 'Blackberry Internet Service' Abbreviated as BIS and was therefore the last flagship device to support it. I personally don't know how the service works but what I know is, network providers provide up to 5 times cheaper rate than the rate of buying regular data to have the service running. This means a regular user can buy a data of 200mb for up to N1000 while a bold 5 user just pay N200 for the same 200mb. The service was dropped with the launched of z10 and Blackberry 10os.

2. Price
Do you know you can purchase a very neat almost new or infact looking new Blackberry Bold 9900 for as low as N10,000? Yes Ten Thousand Naira! No other ex-flagship in the world is this cheap, not even the iphone 4s. So I would have to break my pocket (cos not so rich people don't have bank acct to break grin) to get a good phone?

3. It Looks
After taking after the looks of the original Blackberry Bold, The Bold 9900 is one of the most elegant looking phones in past years and the phone still looks premium in the eyes of the onlooker, so the phones tends to report some positive class of the user, as some people with even more advanced and expensive android/windows phones (in the affordable category) thinks the Bold 5 user has some more change in his pocket, meanwhile its just because the phone looks classy and expensive.

4. Its Apps
There is a way blackberry Bold 5 and older models app works that makes it very simplified and not complex at all, and the way it also works like the apps were built into the os, making respond very fast. Also the phone app was made priority as blackberry remembered its a phone! Many people still find it hard to adjust to the new smart devices that makes call system and every app works so individually. This system was tried to be pushed into blackberry 10os but still did not work as fine as previous models.

5. Add Yours
So if you know you own or use a Blackberry Bold 5 or models in its category, tell us why you bought and still use one when there is every reason in the world to throw it in a bin.

Thaz all
Thanks
Another Runzlord's article

References:
www.phonearena.com/news/Guess-who-still-uses-a-BlackBerry-A-BlackBerry-Bold-9900-to-be-exact_id61191
www.phonearena.com/news/BlackBerry-to-restart-production-of-the-BlackBerry-Bold-9900_id54519
www.phonearena.com/phones/BlackBerry-Bold-9900_id5141

Remember to join my channel smiley

d last bb to receive bis is curve 8 (9720) which was announced late 2013 and in d market early 2014
Re: Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
ddjay:

d last bb to receive bis is curve 8 (9720) which was announced late 2013 and in d market early 2014

And I quote ""Bold 5 was one of the last models of Blackberry to support a service called 'Blackberry Internet Service' Abbreviated as BIS and was therefore the last flagship device to support it.""

Does that mean I said bold 5 was the last phone to support it?
Re: Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
MissIncognito:
Bold 5 is an amazing BlackBerry model. Nice post OP. This phone is the most popular model BlackBerry has.
I still have BB torch or slider 9800, works flawlessly
Re: Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
MissIncognito:
I still have my BB torch or slider 9800,bought on the month of April 2011, it works flawlessly
Re: Blackberry Bold 9900: The Old Soldier That Refused To Die by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
indigene:

I still have my BB torch or slider 9800,bought on the month of April 2011, it works flawlessly

shocked one phone since 2011! you try o

(1) (Reply)

Itel Phones How Durable Is It / Best Budget Android Smartphones Under 45$ — 50$ USD (dollar). / Glo Scam Is Killing Me, How Do I Stop This? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.