Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! (5853 Views)

Nigerian Music Videos With Highest Views On Youtube. / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Eminem: Relapse Refill(leaks): Ur Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by icezik1(m): 4:56am On May 06, 2009
So far I've heard four tracks from the album. Crack a Bottle feat. Dr. Dre and 50 Cent; We Made You; 3 A.M and Old Times Sake feat. Dr. Dre.

In order of preference:

Crack A Bottle
Old Times Sake
3 A.M
We Made You

Crack a bottle is the best song from the album so far in my personal opinion. However, Old Times Sake and 3 A.M ain't so bad. This album is not looking like a classic. As an Eminem fan, I'm hoping there's gonna be much better tracks but from what I've heard so far, the future is looking bleak. Please post your opinions.

Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by dawhizkid1(m): 9:41am On May 06, 2009
can't wait for the album to drop
Em is the sh%$
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Phony200(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2009
It's gonna be good. I just know.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by aieromon(m): 9:47pm On May 08, 2009
Track Listing:

01 - Dr. West (Skit) 01:29
02 - 3am 05:20
03 - My Mom 05:20
04 - Insane 03:01
05 - Bagpipes From Baghdad 04:43
06 - Hello 04:08
07 - Tonya (Skit) 00:43
08 - Same Song & Dance 04:08
09 - We Made You 04:30
10 - Medicine Ball 03:57
11 - Paul (Skit) 00:19
12 - Stay Wide Awake 05:20
13 - Old TimeÆs Sake (feat. Dr. Dre) 04:35
14 - Must Be The Ganja 04:03
15 - Mr. Mathers 00:42
16 - Deja Vu 04:43
17 - Beautiful 06:32
18 - Crack A Bottle (feat. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent) 04:58
19 - Steve Berman (Skit) 01:29
20 - Underground/Ken Kaniff 06:19

just finished listening to it.There can never be a Slim Shady LP again and this album tried to dig back into the Slim Shady character but failed woefully.guy should go back to rehab cos he just released a crap album angry
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 08, 2009
Crap in your opinion. Isn't it??

Must be the Ganja, Beautiful, Deja vu, Underground are all crap tracks in your opinion??

Now go and grab your  Lil'wayne album.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by chiogo(f): 10:29pm On May 08, 2009
Not impressed. Well, I gotta listen to the whole thing. 'Crack a bottle' was definitely not it and 'we made you' video was corny. He seems bored to dedicate a whole song to talking shit about people. lipsrsealed
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 08, 2009
chiogo:

Not impressed. Well, I gotta listen to the whole thing. 'Crack a bottle' was definitely not it and 'we made you' video was corny. He seems bored to dedicate [/b]a whole song to talking shit about people. lipsrsealed

Then he must have been bored his whole career.
Did some of you guys just start listening to Eminem this year? Or you are just repeating others opinions?

[b]Remember. . .

First single off Encore was Just Lose It . he mocked Micheal Jackson, I think Mc. Hammer and some more people.

The Eminem Show had Without Me mocking Elvis presley and more people.

The Marshall Mathers LP had Real slim shady talking about Will Smith, Christina agulera, etc.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by aieromon(m): 6:22pm On May 09, 2009
more crap.

sorry khai khai but the kid has lost it big time.bow down while the ovation is loudest.the cra, i mean album might top the billboard charts but it can never entertain me the same way the Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LPs did.

true story tongue
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 09, 2009
aieromon:

more crap.

sorry khai khai but the kid has lost it big time.bow down while the ovation is loudest.the cra, i mean album might top the billboard charts but it can never entertain me the same way Soulja boy and lil wayne did.

true story tongue
Fixed.

He still has it and it's on this track
[flash=420,370]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz4s4vQX6uM[/flash]
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by chiogo(f): 7:53pm On May 09, 2009
khai_khai:

Then he must have been bored his whole career.
Did some of you guys just start listening to Eminem this year? Or you are just repeating others opinions?

Remember. . .
First single off Encore was Just Lose It . he mocked Micheal Jackson, I think Mc. Hammer and some more people.

The Eminem Show had Without Me mocking Elvis presley and more people.

The Marshall Mathers LP had Real slim shady talking about Will Smith, Christina agulera, etc.
I've probably listened to Eminem longer you have unless you're like 50 years old.

Ok, maybe he's been into the dissing thing for a while. Why would you take a break for 5 years or more only to come back with the same shit? I thought people mature with age. guess not. It's your choice though. Currently, I'm not impressed maybe I'll be convinced when I listen to other songs on the album.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 09, 2009
chiogo:

I've probably listened to Eminem longer you have unless you're like 50 years old.

Ok, maybe he's been into the dissing thing for a while. Why would you take a break for 5 years or more only to come back with the same shit? I thought people mature with age. guess not. It's your choice though. Currently, I'm not impressed maybe I'll be convinced when I listen to other songs on the album.

This isn't a pissing contest about who's been listening the longest.

Now, if you pick up an Eminem album, you should know what you are getting into. Simple.
What maturity, between the age of 31 to 35+.
It's Eminem, expect alot of sick trash, and whining about his life from his album.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by chiogo(f): 9:17pm On May 09, 2009
khai_khai:

This isn't a pissing contest about who's been listening the longest.
Sorry, but I must be hallucinating. Does this ring a bell?

khai_khai:

khai_khai:

Now, if you pick up an Eminem album, you should know what you are getting into. Simple.
What maturity, between the age of 31 to 35+.
It's Eminem, expect alot of sick trash, and whining about his life from his album.

It doesn't matter how old. Like I said, it's your choice. His corny jokes don't amuse me anymore. I was specifically referring to the 'we made you' song. He needs to focus on his life, heck it's even better when he talks about his family.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Krayola(m): 9:47pm On May 09, 2009
I used to be a huge eminem fan but now he bores the sh!t out of me. He needs to evolve. You can`t keep telling us the same stuff for a decade and expect it to have the same effect.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2009
Krayola:

I used to be a huge eminem fan but now he bores the sh!t out of me. He needs to evolve.

Dont think U can do that as a musician, Eminem has to be Eminem in terms of style or else he wont be effective trying to be something else.

Having said that, I just felt that he should have changed something in terms of his musical content, maybe have different subject matter to discuss about rather than telling us of Jessica's weight and Kim Kardashian's butt. That shit is played out,

Rick Ross's Deeper than Rap is way ahead of Relapse in my opinion.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 10:51pm On May 09, 2009
ice_zik:

So far I've heard four tracks from the album. Crack a Bottle feat. Dr. Dre and 50 Cent; We Made You; 3 A.M and Old Times Sake feat. Dr. Dre.

In order of preference:

Crack A Bottle
Old Times Sake
3 A.M
We Made You

Crack a bottle is the best song from the album so far in my personal opinion. However, Old Times Sake and 3 A.M ain't so bad. This album is not looking like a classic. As an Eminem fan, I'm hoping there's gonna be much better tracks but from what I've heard so far, the future is looking bleak. Please post your opinions.

As far as i am concerned, this is the best rap album so far in the past 3 years.
Eminem is back as his alter-ego, Slim Shady cool cool cool
The album has got everything the rap game has been missing for a while. . . . .Flawless rhyme scheme, outstanding flow, sick beats, etc.
I just listened to "Bagpipes From Baghdad". . . . .That was mad hilarious.
Nick Carey should get a life and stop being paranoid. . . . . .Eminem ROCKS!!!
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 11:11pm On May 09, 2009
Seems to me that he is still obsessed with Mariah, he should let it go and talk about something else. The track was funny ,,,,, I just expected something deeper than a narrative on the lives of married celebrities. I can get that from TMZ.

I expected him to come out with something in the line of "Infinity" but he decided to adopt the Slim Shady Character. A 25 yr old guy whining about his mom, baby momma and ex lovers might be funny and in Slim's case a hit. A 30 something yr old guy whining about the same things is just a little bit immature.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Krayola(m): 11:26pm On May 09, 2009
Uche2nna:

Dont think U can do that as a musician,  Eminem has to be Eminem in terms of style or else he wont be effective trying to be something else.

Having said that, I just felt that he should have changed something in terms of his musical content,  maybe have different subject matter to discuss about rather than telling us of Jessica's weight and Kim Kardashian's butt. That shit is played out,

Rick Ross's  Deeper than Rap is way ahead of Relapse in my opinion.

That is what i meant". His audience grew up and he still hasn't. We are saying exactly the same thing.  wink
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 11:31pm On May 09, 2009
Why should Eminem change his subject matter to prove he has grown up?
Then he won't be Eminem if he does. . . . . .His die-hard fans(not arm-chair ones) will be grossly disappointed.
It's like saying Ralph Lauren should change his polo crest to prove maturity. . . . .That is his brand.
Eminem ranting about his bleeped-up childhood and his pills-popping mom are his signature. . . . .That is what SLIM SHADY is all about.
He has sold 75 million records doing that. . . . . .I don't think he needs to change his winning formula.
I want him to DISS DISS DISS and he will go 4 platinum sales at least in the first month of his new release.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by MrCrackles(m): 11:32pm On May 09, 2009
Eminem is absolutely washed up! tongue
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by chiogo(f): 11:38pm On May 09, 2009
Lmao, lipsrsealed

Anywayz, I will continue listening to his old songs for now. tongue
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 11:55pm On May 09, 2009
MrCrackles:

Eminem is absolutely washed up! tongue

Not as washed-up as you were when Ronaldo sodomised Almunia. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by mukina2: 11:59pm On May 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Not as washed-up as you were when Ronaldo sodomised Almunia. tongue tongue tongue tongue

angry angry angry angry angry

mod please warn him o angry
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by MrCrackles(m): 12:01am On May 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

I was never washed up, i didnt let anything dampen the mood on my holidays!

Let us take the footy talk over to the footy threads

Bottomline is, Eminem is clueless and so out of date like a Sainsbury's cheddar cheese kept in the airing cupboard!! grin
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 12:27am On May 10, 2009
mukina2:

angry angry angry angry angry
mod please warn him o angry

Why is the truth so bitter??

MrCrackles:

I was never washed up, i didnt let anything dampen the mood on my holidays!
Let us take the footy talk over to the footy threads
Bottomline is, Eminem is clueless and so out of date like a Sainsbury's cheddar cheese kept in the airing cupboard!! grin

Eminem?? The master of wits.
His power of lyricism is far superior to the garbage spewed by Lil Wayne, Flo Rida and even Jay-Z.
Eminem spits raw, has a way with words and delivers on point unlike most rappers of today.
Just because he ain't into whips, blings and grillz does not equate him to the other rap bums.
U wanna listen to real rap. . . . .Cop an Eminem album.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by kaypumpin2(m): 12:34am On May 10, 2009
Em's incendiary wit is top drawer
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 12:41am On May 10, 2009
Nobody is questioning his wit or lyrical power. In my opinion , Em is the best lyricist in mainstream rap for a long time now (Luda comes a very close second).
I am just not feeling the re-cycled stuff on "Relapse". Its been 5 yrs since his last album (and even more since his saga with Mariah) , surely there should have been a lot more interesting stuff to talk about than Nick and Mariah, Kim and Jessica. Thats ma opinion , anyways.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by kaypumpin2(m): 12:48am On May 10, 2009
It's like asking Jigga to outgrow his cockiness.

And i am sure a new set of fan base is being won over with his "wackness' just like we were with MM LP.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by aieromon(m): 2:53am On May 10, 2009
I decided to listen to it one more time and give my review.

1.Dr West(skit) - nice skit but cant compare with the one on the MM LP.for Christ's sake,where did the name West come from?Dr West is interviewing him and asking him how he feels like to be finally out of rehab.At the end,it all turns out to be a nightmare.

2.3a.m - An attempt to paint a Stephen King novel on CD.rather drab attempt.CRAP

3.My Mom - Nice horns from Dr Dre but this song is the wackest song about his mom so far.My mom loves valium,bla bla bla.He actually blames his mom for his drug problems.of all the traits for you to inherit from your parents.anyway,at least he agrees that like mother,like son.this song should be titled My Mom and My Stepdad.CRAP

4.Insane - This song ended just as i was starting to enjoy it.shortest song on the album and a lil sampling of "Balling out of control" by 50 and "Take You Higher" by The Game.DOPE

5.Bagpipes from Baghdad - "Ass like that" remake.What's with all the Mariah name calling?CRAP

6.Hello - if e no be "My Name is",e no fit be like "My name is".This song is one of the reasons why i feel he was trying to produce The SS LP Volume 2.cool song,though.another thing,50 must have taught him how to sing cos he delivers his chorus and bridge beautifully.DOPE

7.Tonya(skit) - Only God knows what plans he has for her.

8.Same Song & Dance - Em delivers his version of a perverts pick up song.Lots of singing.CRAP

9.We Made You - Typical Em.I have nothing against this song cos Em always has a single where he makes fun of celebrities.DOPE

10.Medicine Ball - Resurrects Christopher Reeves from The MM LP.What the bejesus is a medicine ball?CRAP

11.Paul(skit) - Paul as usual has a problem with Ems work

12.Stay Wide Awake - i dunno what he had in mind but apart from the chorus,the song just didnt make sense except to Amy Winehouse.CRAP

13.Old Times Sake - About time the doctor rescues his boy(for old times sake).Notice how Em strains his voice to give us that Eminem Show feel.you're now smoking with the best.DOPE

14.Must Be The Ganja - What has sleeping pills addiction got to do with Ganja?CRAP

15.Mr. Mathers(skit) - Em goes into overdose

16.Dejavu - Beat seems to be sampled from Slim Shady LP(Just don't give a mixed with that track with Royce da 5'9"wink.Love the organ piano.DOPE

17.Beautiful - Em copied this concept from Jay's Beach chair and Kanye's Homecoming.Beats the ish out of Chris Martin in his chorus delivery.ohu hoho ho!DOPE

18.Crack A Bottle - Never did like this song.Don't ask me why.CRAP

19.Steve Berman(skit) - I thought this guy died from the gun wounds.Love all the Stevie skits

20.Underground - Loud music with Ken Kaniff from Connecticut showing his gay-self as usual at the end."Criminal" 2009.Beat sampled from 50's Piggy Bank.DOPE

It's so unfortunate that ever since the Marshall Mathers LP,i've been a friend of the fast forward button.Maybe i should just delete the crap music and keep my six favs.

Ciao!
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 4:11am On May 10, 2009
aieromon:

1.Dr West(skit) - nice skit but cant compare with the one on the MM LP.for Christ's sake,where did the name West come from?Dr West is interviewing him and asking him how he feels like to be finally out of rehab.At the end,it all turns out to be a nightmare.

2.3a.m - An attempt to paint a Stephen King novel on CD.rather drab attempt.CRAP

3.My Mom - Nice horns from Dr Dre but this song is the wackest song about his mom so far.My mom loves valium,bla bla bla.He actually blames his mom for his drug problems.of all the traits for you to inherit from your parents.anyway,at least he agrees that like mother,like son.this song should be titled My Mom and My Stepdad.CRAP

4.Insane - This song ended just as i was starting to enjoy it.shortest song on the album and a lil sampling of "Balling out of control" by 50 and "Take You Higher" by The Game.DOPE

5.Bagpipes from Baghdad - "Ass like that" remake.What's with all the Mariah name calling?CRAP

6.Hello - if e no be "My Name is",e no fit be like "My name is".This song is one of the reasons why i feel he was trying to produce The SS LP Volume 2.cool song,though.another thing,50 must have taught him how to sing cos he delivers his chorus and bridge beautifully.DOPE

8.Same Song & Dance - Em delivers his version of a perverts pick up song.Lots of singing.CRAP

9.We Made You - Typical Em.I have nothing against this song cos Em always has a single where he makes fun of celebrities.DOPE

10.Medicine Ball - Resurrects Christopher Reeves from The MM LP.What the bejesus is a medicine ball?CRAP

12.Stay Wide Awake - i dunno what he had in mind but apart from the chorus,the song just didnt make sense except to Amy Winehouse.CRAP

13.Old Times Sake - About time the doctor rescues his boy(for old times sake).Notice how Em strains his voice to give us that Eminem Show feel.you're now smoking with the best.DOPE

14.Must Be The Ganja - What has sleeping pills addiction got to do with Ganja?CRAP

16.Dejavu - Beat seems to be sampled from Slim Shady LP(Just don't give a mixed with that track with Royce da 5'9"wink.Love the organ piano.DOPE

17.Beautiful - Em copied this concept from Jay's Beach chair and Kanye's Homecoming.Beats the ish out of Chris Martin in his chorus delivery.ohu hoho ho!DOPE

19.Steve Berman(skit) - I thought this guy died from the gun wounds.Love all the Stevie skits

20.Underground - Loud music with Ken Kaniff from Connecticut showing his gay-self as usual at the end."Criminal" 2009.Beat sampled from 50's Piggy Bank.DOPE

It's so unfortunate that ever since the Marshall Mathers LP,i've been a friend of the fast forward button.Maybe i should just delete the crap music and keep my six favs.

Ciao!

Now you are talking.
Even though we might differ on what tracks are or aren't dope.
The whole album isn't completely crap.

MMLP is still his best ever. I don't think he can ever top that. Most rappers have some classic work in their past they can never top.

@chiogo
I hope you know what a question mark signifies.
By the way, make up your mind. He should stop talking about similar stuff, but you'll rather go back to his old(similar) work. Talk about an incoherent argument.

Those who feel they've grown past Eminem should move on. Grab a book of poetry or something.
It's em, he won't be talking about 22 inch wheels or his stack of paper. He'll talk about his messed up life, his mom, and lesbian midgets.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Krayola(m): 7:23am On May 10, 2009
Its music, people have different tastes. We can't all like the same sh!t. Don't take it personal when someone doesn't like ur favourite rapper.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by icezik1(m): 8:52am On May 10, 2009
aieromon:

Ciao!

Nice Review! I'm getting the album right now. I will listen and post my own views. grin
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by chiogo(f): 5:52pm On May 10, 2009
khai_khai:

@chiogo
I hope you know what a question mark signifies.
By the way, make up your mind. He should stop talking about similar stuff, but you'll rather go back to his old(similar) work. Talk about an incoherent argument.
I hope you know what the word 'imply' means. And who said I necessarily listen to his other songs where he disses other celebrities? Like I said, I prefer him talking about his family. And if it's a rap diss, he should take on a fellow rapper like the song 'go to sleep', which I love. Now what has Kim Kardashian gotta do with rap? It's whatever though, enjoy!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria's Most Promising Young Rapper? / Team Delta(yung6ix, Yung Hanz, Erigga, Frankiefree And Toxic A) - United / 9ice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.