Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? (898 Views)

Respite For Movie Producers & Online Publishers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
There are so many nairalanders that have good scripts but they do not have people to buy or patronise them.To even sell their e-book is a problem.So am calling on all movie producers to come to this thread,and also to reply to this issue on ground.There are also so many nairalanders complaining about stolen "scripts" well this can be prevented by producing a movie for that script.
Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
Cc; zuby77 frank317 d9ty7 foxyflow classcaptain divepen clarakings repogirl
Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by repogirl(f): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2015
I don't know if there are oooo, but if you meet any, you have to be wary because Nigerians don't want to pay for anything.

Shine your eye well, or they can steal your idea and make their movie. Or pay you pittance and put their name on the script.

My advice is for you to keep writing, do what you know how to do best and someone you might meet a sincere person who wants to produce your work.

Nairaland provides lots of opportunities even though the fakes outweigh the genuine offers.

1 Like

Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by ycomics: 7:35am On Oct 27, 2015
repogirl:
I don't know if there are oooo, but if you meet any, you have to be wary because Nigerians don't want to pay for anything.

Shine your eye well, or they can steal your idea and make their movie. Or pay you pittance and put their name on the script.

My advice is for you to keep writing, do what you know how to do best and someone you might meet a sincere person who wants to produce your work.

Nairaland provides lots of opportunities even though the fakes outweigh the genuine offers.
How will you allow producer to steal your work ? You don't need to give d write up to any producer, only synopsis is what you we give or better still copyright your work.

1 Like

Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by repogirl(f): 8:40am On Oct 27, 2015
ycomics:
How will you allow producer to steal your work ? You don't need to give d write up to any producer, only synopsis is what you we give or better still copyright your work.
you don't know how desperate writers are. These fakes are also quite creative with how they approach people.

I am just saying this so that writers will be aware anyway, there is no harm in warning people, even if it seems stu'pid, you would be surprised that many people fall for it.
Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by ycomics: 11:16am On Oct 27, 2015
repogirl:
you don't know how desperate writers are. These fakes are also quite creative with how they approach people.

I am just saying this so that writers will be aware anyway, there is no harm in warning people, even if it seems stu'pid, you would be surprised that many people fall for it.

ok thanks for alerting writers
Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2015
repogirl:

Thanks ...
Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by An0nimus: 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
akpobi:
There are so many nairalanders that have good scripts but they do not have people to buy or patronise them.To even sell their e-book is a problem.So am calling on all movie producers to come to this thread,and also to reply to this issue on ground.There are also so many nairalanders complaining about stolen "scripts" well this can be prevented by producing a movie for that script.
redirect question here www.nairaland.com/tv-movies
Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by ycomics: 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
Meanwhile you guyz can join whatsap group for filmaker just add me on whatsap to joÍn, you we av the chance to meet like minds and move to the next level.
Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by AfricanScript: 3:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
Serious movie producers will probably not report to your call unless there is clearly something in it for them. "Good scripts" according to whose judgment? Do African movie script writers seek independent/no non-sense reviews before they even approach movie producers?

Also, people should consider selling their scripts online to expand their opportunities, there are only so much funds to make new movies in each local movie market. Kenya, South Africa, Ghana and even francophone Africa have taken the hint from Nollywood.

In spite of our obvious bias, maybe the buyers need to come to the sellers instead of the other way around. A marketplace that gathers quality scripts for movie producers would save everyone a lot of time and aggravation!

As to stolen scripts, that is plain wrong! But, the writers can fight against it by exchanging best practices to protect their work from thieves.
Re: Are There Movie Producers On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
africanscipt u've just said what i want to hear buh it doennt still change the fact that nairaland writers need buyers nd producers urgently

(1) (Reply)

Moi Exposure After Secondary School / Iba: The Scourge / Craving Hope 1 (real Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.