Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (29164 Views)

How Can One Buy An Item On Ebay From Nigeria? / Selling On Ebay From Nigeria / On Ebay: How to Prevent a Scammer From Bidding On My Auction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Paentera(m): 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2009
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2009
Paentera:

It is extremely important that you realise that a lot of the rest of the world, including other African countries do not hold Nigeria, Nigerians or the word Nigeria in any esteem at all not to talk of low esteem.

wink

Was all that necessary
Oga o.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Paentera(m): 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2009
Ify,

I just needed the fellow to realise some challenges he/she is likely to face for mentioning Nigeria in a transaction especially when online. It can be really tough but we Nigerians are built for toughness.

cool
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2009
I'm also in need of help here, I am trying to buy some computer parts from an american seller but I am afraid paying this fellow directly because I am critical of being duped by an american. this happened before to my elder Brother, he needed a software with licence from an american developer, he went to his bank, got a bank draft and I was even the person who went to mail the check to this american criminal through UPS paying 9, 500 naira just to ship a check. @ the end of the day, the american animal got the check, cashed and spent the money without shipping the products my bro paid for. So is there any reputable Nigerian or any old nairalander living in the states that can assist with my buying from the states? I have a dom account so it's easy to send money abroad.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by 2Legit2Qui: 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2009
Foolish question.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2009
@Honeric,what happened to credit cards,paypal and most recently graphcards?Plus do u buy from some random individuals or from a website undecided
@2legit,which question is foolish 
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
@ legit
Must you talk when you know your brain is empty? Just read and learn while others talk.
@ify
I don't use credit cards except debit cards from Nigerian banks so it's useless on international scene. But dom can do the rest, I have used it before on a different situation. My bro bought from a website. I am buying from an individual from craigslist
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2009
Buying from craiglist is quite risky,i personally don't buy from individuals.why not try and buy from some trusted sites or if u must buy from an individual,get someone in the states to buy it for u.
Now i understand ur first post.BTW,theres the company that was advertised here that claimed it can buy ur goods and ship to 9ja(at an additional cost),u go pick it up and pay. . .wud search for it.have not used it,cant vouch for it sha. undecided
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2009
I also know about other websites promising to do the shipping for me, but i'm just not buyIng in and yes, I want to buy from this individual because it appears cheap, with full descriptions and lots more, been talking to him on phone for a while now but my naija instinct's not helping matters.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2009
Individual and its so cheap undecided
when its too cheap good to be true,then its not true.Just be careful my guy.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2009
Well, it's not that "cheap" but reasonable than from most websites, trust me, i'm being careful, thats why i am yet to complete the transaction.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by denny4ril: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2010
@Smart$boy: there are companies in nigeria that offer these services. u can buy anything u want the easy way without credit card problem
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by CarlosVent(m): 12:17am On Apr 25, 2010
many people hav been using www.indoorshipping.com and dey r happy.
why not try dem
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by lanydotbiz(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2010
Dear all,

When one talks of buying on ebay and amazon, we need to consider that some items are not found on amazon.
in fact what brought me here is that i did a search on how a nigerian can buy on ebay and this page came up.
I wanted to bid on a CAR and was wondering how to ship it to Nigeria but was not getting result i expected.

But No car auction is on amazon to serve as an alternative.
Kindly advice what i may likely do.
Thank you all for the wonderful contributions.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by justwise(m): 2:17pm On May 14, 2010
lanydotbiz:

Dear all,

When one talks of buying on ebay and amazon, we need to consider that some items are not found on amazon.
in fact what brought me here is that i did a search on how a nigerian can buy on ebay and this page came up.
[b]I wanted to bid on a CAR and was wondering how to ship it to Nigeria but was not getting result i expected.[/b]But No car auction is on amazon to serve as an alternative.
Kindly advice what i may likely do.
Thank you all for the wonderful contributions.

Tell me you are joking? Bidding on a car on ebay from Nigeria as a Nigerian?
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 14, 2010
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by justwise(m): 12:40am On May 15, 2010
chaircover:

Wonders will never cease.
I was in Lagos last week, so I logged into my EBay account on my laptop and placed a bid on an item that I wanted.
Half an hour later I received 2 Emails from EBay saying that they think that my account has been compromised. Before I could say Jack Robinson, the account had been temporarily locked & I could no longer log in.
When I got back to the UK I had to ring EBay and explain that I was the only one who had logged in. They said that they didn't like the IP address that I had logged in from and had thought that my account had been hacked.
I got the account reinstated but I wont be logging into EBay from Nigeria again.
Its a very sad & embarrassing situation that fraudsters have blessed our great nation Nigeria with.

Its really sad to be honest, i tried that as well, in my case i couldn't log on after trying 2x i gave up, when i came back to the UK i was able to log on. You still see pple here promising verified paypal account to anybody who cares to read their scam-posts.
God help Nigeria.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by e36991: 9:02pm On May 21, 2010
ChairCover:

Wonders will never cease.

I was in Lagos last week, so I logged into my EBay account on my laptop and placed a bid on an item that I wanted.

Half an hour later I received 2 Emails from EBay saying that they think that my account has been compromised. Before I could say Jack Robinson, the account had been temporarily locked & I could no longer log in.

When I got back to the UK I had to ring EBay and explain that I was the only one who had logged in. They said that they didn't like the IP address that I had logged in from and had thought that my account had been hacked.

I got the account reinstated but I wont be logging into EBay from Nigeria again

Its a very sad & embarrassing situation that fraudsters have blessed our great nation Nigeria with.

@ChairCover

If it were me when next am travelling to Naija, I'll just let EBay know about the travel and how long I'll be there for.

Just like when peeps inform banks they're travelling abroad should in case the banks start noticing unfamiliar & foreign credit card spending patterns

and so prevent the banks clamping up the card
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by mafiaguy: 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2010
whats your contact chaircover?
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2010
/
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by fxjunkie(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2010

Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by OrderBay(f): 4:17am On Sep 28, 2010
Yes, you can use OrderBay's services to make purchases from eBay.

We provide the following services to customers:

Sourcing Services: we provide online shopping services to people who want to shop abroad from Nigeria.

Payment Services: we provide online and other payment services including but not limited to the following: payment of admission fees, exam fees, membership fees, subscriptions, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, PayPal account funding, merchant payments via PayPal, webhosting, domain name registration, etc.

Debit Card Services: we provide USD, prepaid, non-reloadable debit cards that can be used for online payments.

Check out our web site at www.orderbay.com and our Facebook page at the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/OrderBay/161245850554004?ref=ts

Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by SAPNETUK: 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
You can use our innovative payments portal to carry out all your ebay and International e-Payments/online shopping.
You will be surprised that there are no restrictions to the number of International online transactions you can carry
out from the comfort of your home in Nigeria.

www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk

Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by blaccky: 11:14am On Oct 12, 2010
e-bay did not accept people from Nigeria but there is a way you can shop online (even with ebay) from anypart of the country. I have an e-book writing my a friend on 'how to buy things from yankee' if you are interested you can e-mail me on 'blacckygeorge@gmail.com' it is about 140+ pages. with this book, you dont need to have a relative over there for your goods to be deliver to your door-step. Good luck!
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by nuelnuel: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2011
pls Does anyone know if Amazon ships phone to Nigeria if you buy from their site.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by ikenaira: 1:40am On Aug 15, 2011
One thing I need to understand is buying things like drug or food supplements from E-Bay or Amazon is weather NAFDAC accepts such thing, because I need to buy something and I no wan hear say NDLEA stop am for airport. Any one who has the best advice should post
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by hoppysnd: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2011
Yes, u can do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

J-Force: Jumia In Trouble Over Fraud In Affiliate Scheme / Nigerian Man Seen Using Juju As Desperate Measures To Boost Sales / Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.