Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) (2237 Views)

Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) / Portable Car Scanner + Tyre Gauge Required. / What Is The Correct/standard Oil Gauge Mark/level? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) by pragmatistm(m): 1:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Alright people, It's been long I wanted to ask this. I know correct tyre pressure is important to safety of the car and those in it. I use to instruct my vulcanizer what air pressure to pump into my car's tyre according to instructions on the car's door jamb. He uses the tyre gauge instrument in the first picture. But after the man has done his job and I drive to another vulcanizer using the other type of tyre gauge device, he will give a different tyre gauge after checking the the gauge. His type of gauge instrument iscin second picture. Then the question is what type of instrument is the right one for the gauging of tyres to get reliable value. I think all of us need to know this for safety reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) by nairalandmaster(f): 1:11am On Oct 27, 2015
well composed. nice info op
Re: Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) by pragmatistm(m): 1:15am On Oct 27, 2015
nairalandmaster:
well composed. nice info op
Madam, its a question I asked if you know the answer say it please.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) by lonelydora: 4:24am On Oct 27, 2015
It had happened to me severally and I got confused. The 1st pix instrument said 40psi while the 2nd pix said 45psi
Re: Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) by bigtt76(f): 9:51am On Oct 27, 2015
The first is best. The second, I doubt the vulcanizer can read out the gauge out of it undecided
Re: Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) by pragmatistm(m): 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
So its not only me. Let the gurus of this forum come and enlighten us oo.
Re: Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 28, 2015
The right one to use is the known accurate one.

Buy a good quality one and keep it in the glove compartment of your car.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! / 1999 4runner Jeep For Sale(ac Working) 500k naira / Pls I Need Info About Mitsubishi Montero 2005 Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.