Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging (1769 Views)

What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days / Husband Beats Pregnant wife for flogging his Dog...! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by searay(m): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2015
After going through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2691749/encourage-beating-children-teachers-schools#39376438
, I am forced to ask the above question due to the nature of "children" we have as students in my school.
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by emmanuel596(m): 7:43am On Oct 27, 2015
Still flogging

Spare the rod and spoil the child

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by Beesluv: 7:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Counseling

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by kingk(m): 7:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Flogging/ abara is known to be a child's hard reset.

I don't think there's any other method cos the holy book even permit em.
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by salisy: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2015
Abeg no any other alternative

Just beat the hell out of those stubborn and disobedient students.
Although counseling should be adopted to not so rude and stubborn ones
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by deewhone(f): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2015
Punishment.... It works
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by ayogabriel(m): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2015
When they say spear the rod and spoil the child, it doesn't necessarily mean the cain, belt and all, haven't you seen kids that you will beat the hell on earth and they will still go ahead to do what they will do. Some of this kids will even tell you, "the worst you will do is beat me" when you make the use of cain the basis of correcting a child you will be blinded my so many things. My personal opinion is the use of what the kids like the best, to use to punish him. Deprive him of his favourite outing, meal, counselling him, a good relationship, and the most, what they see. Hey!!! What do I know, am just in my mid-20s not that I have one yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2015
While trashing a child constitutes physical abuse in developed societies, which is a crime, there are kids who grow up to become exceptionally good individuals,as well as the others who turn out bad at the other end.in essence how a child turns out doesnt depend on whether he was trashed or not bt on d patience,compassion n understanding of d parents/caregivers coupled with the Help of God.
Back at topic i think options like no tv,no going out,no games etc would b enough to send d message
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2015
ayogabriel:
When they say spear the rod and spoil the child, it doesn't necessarily mean the cain, belt and all, haven't you seen kids that you will beat the hell on earth and they will still go ahead to do what they will do. Some of this kids will even tell you, "the worst you will do is beat me" when you make the use of cain the basis of correcting a child you will be blinded my so many things. My personal opinion is the use of what the kids like the best, to use to punish him. Deprive him of his favourite outing, meal, counselling him, a good relationship, and the most, what they see. Hey!!! What do I know, am just in my mid-20s not that I have one yet.
Spot on,bt dat pic doe..such gurls wld usualy knw hw to "handle" it,while d naive wldnt have d heart.
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 27, 2015
ayogabriel:

You already know a lot! I like this post. You have mentioned some very effective discipling methods. And yes, you are absolutely right, there are MANY kids who have gone sort of numb to beatings. When I give a child a certain look who has never been beaten up, the child will react immediately but it doesn't work with kids who are USED to beating.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by OObahiagbon: 8:21am On Oct 27, 2015
For me give dem work to do as their punishment. Work a bit tidous but mind u don't give them work that will kill them
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by Crystalclara(f): 8:28am On Oct 27, 2015
Punishment of their works alot. Increase d punishment as they grow. Whipping does nothin especially 2 d 'STUBBORN' ones.
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by Dbestmax(m): 8:37am On Oct 27, 2015
beating a child is never really an option..dias is no better way to handle a child dan giving him love and providing tinz that makes them happy...and no beating hurts asmuch as depriving dem of those things when they misbehave
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by ayogabriel(m): 8:59am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

You already know a lot! I like this post. You have mentioned some very effective discipling methods. And yes, you are absolutely right, there are MANY kids who have gone sort of numb to beatings. When I give a child a certain look who has never been beaten up, the child will react immediately but it doesn't work with kids who are USED to beating.

Thank you, I also agree with you, left to me, beating should be the last option if you want to go at it, I have an aunt that beats her kids, they "fear" me (rather tend to do what I tell them to do fast) than there mom, when ever they are been stubborn I just take them inside the toilet, and we stay there, they will start crying that they want to go out, and they start promising not to do it, sometimes I tell them to stay under the bed, of course I stay with them there, it gets to be fun, and it also registers in their head, that they shouldn't be doing what they are doing. Tell them to fetch water and do it with them, punish them in ways you can also do it with them, " tell them young man, we are going to be here the whole day, like I said what they don't enjoy doing, make them do it, and do it with them. It's effective and its fun. I look forward to having mine some day, grin
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 27, 2015
ayogabriel:

Thank you, I also agree with you, left to me, beating should be the last option if you want to go at it, I have an aunt that beats her kids, they "fear" me (rather tend to do what I tell them to do fast) than there mom, when ever they are been stubborn I just take them inside the toilet, and we stay there, they will start crying that they want to go out, and they start promising not to do it, sometimes I tell them to stay under the bed, of course I stay with them there, it gets to be fun, and it also registers in their head, that they shouldn't be doing what they are doing.

You will have gorgeous kids one day and you will be a blessing to them. I like the method with the toilet, I also do it with kids sometimes. It is very effective. There are so many methods one can apply without teaching kids that violence is an option.
Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by ayogabriel(m): 9:05am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

You will have gorgeous kids one day and you will be a blessing to them. I like the method with the toilet, I also do it with kids sometimes. It is very effective. There are so many methods one can apply without teaching kids that violence is an option.

Thanks for the compliment, I bet you will also make a good parent someday/ if you have already.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging by searay(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
@lasticala I need as many response as possible. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

My Mother Dislikes Me / Mum Overjoyed As Her Prodigal Son Finally Returns Home With Oyibo After 13yrs In / My Husband Chose His Daughter Over Me So I Want To Change The Name Of Our Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.