Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled (3836 Views)

Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) / Why The Bible Was Deliberately Mistranslated / The Way Bible Was Written Is Confusing All Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Anas09: 10:16am On Nov 12, 2015
@JustTara.
Fine. The Bible is compiled. We now have it as one book. Praise God. And blessed be those who made it possible for us to carry it abt.
But there are more pressing issues now. Maybe its just in my mind, but am seriously troubled with the way things are turning out now. Must of the Christians don't really know what's eminent. Look around us, see the great falling away from Christ. Somany don't know why this things are happening. The Churches are mostly abt money. There's scarcity of the sincerely Milk of the Word. Somany are comfortable in their sins inside the church, because no fire from the alter.
So many young believers are confused. So many questions but no answers.

My point, or the point am trying to make is, just like Apostle Paul says in Heb 6:1.

Therefore leaving the Principles (stories and history) of the doctrine of Christ, let's us go unto perfection... (more pressing issues). Like, warning our brethren abt the hard times ahead of us as Christians. What we see is a joke compared to what awaits us, before finally comes. Why not use this time to prepare ourselves, by preaching the gospel?
Who did or who did not compile the bible to me is very trivial right now.
Am sorry if I came off aggressive against you.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Anas09:
@JustTara.
Fine. The Bible is compiled. We now have it as one book. Praise God. And blessed be those who made it possible for us to carry it abt.
But there are more pressing issues now. Maybe its just in my mind, but am seriously troubled with the way things are turning out now. Must of the Christians don't really know what's eminent. Look around us, see the great falling away from Christ. Somany don't know why this things are happening. The Churches are mostly abt money. There's scarcity of the sincerely Milk of the Word. Somany are comfortable in their sins inside the church, because no fire from the alter.
So many young believers are confused. So many questions but no answers.

My point, or the point am trying to make is, just like Apostle Paul says in Heb 6:1.

Therefore leaving the Principles (stories and history) of the doctrine of Christ, let's us go unto perfection... (more pressing issues). Like, warning our brethren abt the hard times ahead of us as Christians. What we see is a joke compared to what awaits us, before finally comes. Why not use this time to prepare ourselves, by preaching the gospel?
Who did or who did not compile the bible to me is very trivial right now.
Am sorry if I came off aggressive against you.
Probably it doesn't come off as important to you yet. Probably it isn't really and you're 100% correct. But just take note, that you can't be a follower of something you don't have complete knowledge of. Let me expatiate. When someone challenges your belief, throws these questions to you, you won't be able to wave it off as ‘not important". Know the history as well as current happenings of your religion, then you'll be able to save both the backslider and non believer. Ignorance is no longer an excuse. People will keep challenging your belief with several questions, telling them it's not important will only make them more adamant. You'll come off as being oblivious of what you believe in.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Anas09: 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
@JustTara, I know the Origin of the Bible, and my Faith(christianity) what I don't dwell on is the politics that wraps up Catholicism, and its still plunging them down more and more into legalism.
I sign out.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 8:21am On Nov 13, 2015
JustTara:
I believe we should have access to more books. If there are more books out there, I wonder if we aren't missing out on some noteworthy information...

Have you finished reading and understanding the few books you have access to?
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 8:24am On Nov 13, 2015
JustTara:
It's so easy for us to defend our individual beliefs. Just Google it out. There are so many theories.

And you take all the theories seriously?
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2015
sonmvayina:
just like the two writers above said, especially johnny..there is no ground zero for the development of the bible..it was the council of Hippo in 394AD that set out to compile a canon..before now, they had the codex sinacticus and probably where the vulgate was made from..the only missing books where the gospel of john and the third letter of john..it was the council of Carthage that finally added this book and closed the canon....it has to take another 1000 years before the council of Trent in 1556 AD to finally put a stamp on it as the official book of the church and the word of a god...

Council of Hippo, codex sinacticus, vulgate, council of Carthage, council of Trent...

All were Catholic.

Summary: the Catholic Church compiled and canonized the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by plaetton: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2015
italo:

Council of Hippo, codex sinacticus, vulgate, council of Carthage, council of Trent...

All were Catholic.

Truest thing you have said in a while. grin

I actually laugh when all these ignorant Pentecostals criticize the Catholic church as a non-bible believing church, lol,..then go on to peddle their own interpretations to scripture, the same scripture that good ol Motherchurch compiled and stitched together two millennia ago.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 9:25am On Nov 13, 2015
plaetton:

Truest thing you have said in a while. grin

I actually laugh when all these ignorant Pentecostals criticize the Catholic church as a non-bible believing church, lol,..then go on to peddle their own interpretations to scripture, the same scripture that good ol Motherchurch compiled and stitched together two millennia ago.

It's indeed hilarious. grin
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by sonmvayina(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
italo:

All were Catholic.

Thats what i am talking about...as my late parish priest used to say. the bible is the baby of the catholic church. the others are just borrowing it..
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
Anas09:
@JustTara, I know the Origin of the Bible, and my Faith(christianity) what I don't dwell on is the politics that wraps up Catholicism, and its still plunging them down more and more into legalism.
I sign out.
Over 90% percent of things have been politicised and the church unfortunately is not exempted. Spirituality is and will always continue to be a personal thing irrespective of what church you attend or don't attend.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
italo:

Have you finished reading and understanding the few books you have access to?
You're sounding more like “I don't believe you've finished reading and understanding the books in the Bible". Nevertheless, finished reading?...yes. Understanding? I would admit to not really understanding everything yet. But that really isn't a valid point to why I shouldn't ask for more books.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
italo:

And you take all the theories seriously?
Whether I take all or none of them seriously shouldn't be your problem. You should be more focused on answering the question my post presents. Who and how was the Bible compiled? I presented an example of one of the plenty theories floating around. It's left to you to share your own knowledge and air your opinion. Any more questions?
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Ubenedictus(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
JustTara:
You're sounding more like “I don't believe you've finished reading and understanding the books in the Bible". Nevertheless, finished reading?...yes. Understanding? I would admit to not really understanding everything yet. But that really isn't a valid point to why I shouldn't ask for more books.
many of d books are still around, 1st clement was considered, u can browse it. I also blive some were lost because d church didnt preserve dem afta it considered dem heretic.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ubenedictus:
many of d books are still around, 1st clement was considered, u can browse it. I also blive some were lost because d church didnt preserve dem afta it considered dem heretic.
That's more like it. 1st Clement though.... that's a real book?
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
JustTara:

Ok
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
JustTara:
Whether I take all or none of them seriously shouldn't be your problem. You should be more focused on answering the question my post presents. Who and how was the Bible compiled? I presented an example of one of the plenty theories floating around. It's left to you to share your own knowledge and air your opinion. Any more questions?

I see.

It is a crime for me to ask you that.

Apologies.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
JustTara:
Over 90% percent of things have been politicised and the church unfortunately is not exempted. Spirituality is and will always continue to be a personal thing irrespective of what church you attend or don't attend.

Spirituality is both personal and communal!

'When you pray, say "Our Father..."'--Jesus Christ.

He'll ask what you did for others (Matt25:31-46)

That makes spirituality communal.

But nevermind. You believe God had no hand in including Matthew in the Bible.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
italo:

Spirituality is both personal and communal!

'When you pray, say "Our Father..."'--Jesus Christ.
When you meet your Jesus, he won't ask if you said “our father" or “my father".
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
italo:

I see.
It is a crime for me to ask you that.
Apologies.
Only you are vindicating yourself. Good for you.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Ubenedictus(m): 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
JustTara:
That's more like it. 1st Clement though.... that's a real book?
yes it is a book written by pope st clement a disciple of d apostles to d corithians. Many churches read it in d church.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 5:21am On Nov 14, 2015
JustTara:
When you meet your Jesus, he won't ask if you said “our father" or “my father".

Your Jesus will ask what you did for others (Matt25:31-46).

Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 14, 2015
italo:

Your Jesus will ask what you did for others (Matt25:31-46).

With churches slaughtering each other and making it seem like if you aren't worshipping with them, you're headed straight to hell, even being communal is a personal thing. “Do for others" and “do with others" are two different things you know.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by waldigit: 9:12am On Nov 14, 2015
italo3:

Sweetheart, what you wrote about Constantine and his involvement in the Canon of Scripture is false.

It is simple. The Bible was compiled and canonized by the Catholic Church.

The Jews put together the old testament and The Catholic Church put together the new testament and it took several centuries to do so. It was not until the Council of Carthage 397 years after Jesus death and subsequent approval by Pope Innocent I, that a New Testament was put together. Prior to that date, hundreds of gospels and “apostolic” writings were floating around in many different languages, some not so good or some even controverted. It was the Catholic Magisterium, guided by the Holy Spirit, which separated the good writings from the bad and selected the 27 books that are now found in the New Testament bible today.

So far as we know, Jesus himself never wrote a word (except on sand). Nor did he command the Apostles to write anything. The Catholic Church operated for many years by word of mouth and Sacred Traditions that Jesus and the disciples established and handed down and guided by the Holy Spirit to insure it would not be changed. In much later years, some of the early Apostles (and non-Apostles) composed the twenty-seven books, which were finally selected almost 400 years later and that now comprise the New Testament that is used today by all Christians.

https://discovercatholic./11-2/where-did-we-get-the-bible/

While all these written by you was happening you were there as eye witness. Oh my GOD
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by waldigit: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2015
sonmvayina:

Thats what i am talking about...as my late parish priest used to say. the bible is the baby of the catholic church. the others are just borrowing it..

Yeah I suggest that's the Gospel according to your late Parish Priest.
I just wonder how true is it that education can help one develop independent mind.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 10:22am On Nov 14, 2015
JustTara:
With churches slaughtering each other and making it seem like if you aren't worshipping with them, you're headed straight to hell, even being communal is a personal thing. “Do for others" and “do with others" are two different things you know.

So spending time with prisoners (Matt25:31-46) is not 'doing with others?'

Acts2:42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 Awe came upon everyone, because many wonders and signs were being done by the apostles. 44 All who believed were together and had all things in common; 45 they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 Day by day, as they spent much time together in the temple, they broke bread at home and ate their food with glad and generous hearts,

Which spirituality are you talking about that isn't communal?

Can love for God be separated from love for man?
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 10:25am On Nov 14, 2015
waldigit:

While all these written by you was happening you were there as eye witness. Oh my GOD

Yes, I was there.

Just like you were an eye witness when your parents did the conjugal act that resulted in your conception.

Or how else do you know that they are truly your parents?
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by italo: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2015
waldigit:

Yeah I suggest that's the Gospel according to your late Parish Priest.
I just wonder how true is it that education can help one develop independent mind.
Coming from one who says the Catholic Church didn't compile the Bible but can't mention who compiled it.

"The Bible fell from heaven" crew.
Re: Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled by otem4eartum: 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
JustTara:
The Holy Bible is considered by many the infallible word of God. It was not just written by man, but rather written by God through man. This book is the cornerstone to the Christian and Judaic religions, without this book, they have nothing to hold their beliefs to. With these two things in mind, one would think that it would have to be one heck of a book. Not only 100% correct in every manner, but chock full of wonderful teachings, pleasant miracles by the all loving God, but scientifically tested and proven as a source of answers to the unknown mysteries of our earth and universe as well.

Here's something interesting...

Constantine the Great called the First Council of Nicaea, composed of 300 religious leaders. Three centuries after Jesus lived, this council was given the task of separating divinely inspired writings from those of questionable origin.                       

The actual compilation of the Bible was an incredibly complicated project that involved churchmen of many varying beliefs, in an atmosphere of dissension, jealousy,
intolerance, persecution and bigotry. At this time, the question of the divinity of Jesus had split the church into two factions. Constantine
offered to make the little-known Christian sect the official state religion if the Christians would settle their differences. Apparently, he
didn't particularly care what they believed in as long as they agreed
upon a belief. By compiling a book of sacred writings, Constantine
thought that the book would give authority to the new church.

Actually, legend has it that at the Council of Nicea, Constantine was unsure of what else to include as a holy scripture (which later the batch became the Bible). He threw the batch that he was to choose from onto a table. Those that remained on the table were in, those that fell off were out.

There have been many different theories set forth over the history of the church as to exactly how God’s hand was involved in this selection process. Skeptics have pointed out that over three thousand books were candidates for inclusion in the New
Testament canon alone, and only a handful (twenty-some books) were selected. Doesn’t that raise some serious questions? Isn’t it possible that certain books that are in the Bible should not be there and others that were excluded by human
evaluation and human judgment should have been included? We need to keep in mind, however, that
of those not included in the last analysis, there were at the most three or four that were given serious consideration. So to speak in terms of two or three thousand being boiled down to twenty-seven or something like that is a distortion of
historical reality.

Till date, the number of books in the Catholic bible are still different from the number of books in the Bible of the protestants/ Pentecostals. All for one God?
Please, does anybody have an accurate idea of how the Bible was compiled and by whom?

The brain behind the New Testament tales is EUSEBIUS. I can swear on my life that he is the Jesus Christ Christians are worshipping and they think they are worshipping a real god who existed in our world.

I have shared the vision of how EUSEBIUS attacked me in a dream because he didn't want the truth to be revealed. I fell for his trick for about a month, but I returned to FULFILL MY MISSION after I got the vision that I AM BEING DESTINED to reveal all the secrets behind religions.

Here is how the vision goes:

I have been a christian from birth till December 31, 2015. But all the while, I have been having the feeling that I do not belong in this cult, where drinking of blood and eating of flesh(last super) is the order of the day. I received my calling and I began to paste the TRUTH IN ALL LOSTS AND HIDDEN SCROLLS here on NAIRALAND.

Then a guy which I knew took my name to their church that I should be prayed for to convert back to Christianity. Now something is clear here, anytime you are praying, the spirit of a starter of a religion is hearing, but he or she is limited in providing answers.
Eusebius knew that I have come to reveal everything about all religions, including his own, then he APPEARED TO ME when my name was called in that Church.

First, I saw a vision where I was at the back of a large congregation and they made the atmosphere seem as if I am very much loved. But I just ignored them and continued going my own way. Then I began to hear, LET'S LEAVE HIM, SO FAR HE IS GOING TO STOP WHAT HE IS DOING. Just then, the name EUSEBIUS flashed before my eyes.

I woke up and checked the name on GOOGLE because I have never heard such name in my life. Then I discovered that HE WAS A CLOSE FRIEND OF CONSTANTINE and an historian who have access to the libraries of then. And he wrote a book called CHURCH HISTORY and he is known as the father of church history.

I downloaded his material and read through his lies which he made convincing. Then I said that I'll just stop to post the DOCTRINE BEING REVEALED TO ME. When I slept again, this time he came with sword to threaten me, saying, BRING BACK MY CONFESSION!!! I ENTERED HIS SWORD!!!

When I woke up, I posted the vision of NL and submitted, but Eartum, the brother of jehovah(yahweh/satan) came to me again in my vision and explained everything about Eusebius and Constantine to me in full light. Since then I have continued pasting the DOCTUFOS which is being given to me by EARTUM anytime I meditate.

Here is the DOCTUFOS which reveals all the lies behind RELIGION https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Be A Christian You Must Believed In At Least One Of These Men Of God / Does It Matter The Day We Worship? / Are Christians The Only Holy People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.