Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites (42267 Views)

Jamb Introduces Electronic Jammers At Cbt Centres November 15, 2017 / JAMB Introduces Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) For 2017/18 Admission / Just In: 2017 UTME: JAMB Introduces Remita To Ease Pin Purchase For Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Bennyberry(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2015
techmart:
Jamb should try and make HND degree equals to Bachelor in Technology like proposed... that will beat down the number of applicants into universities, and the applicants for polytechnics will be more
it can never happen. 200 and 180 are not equal. Study hard nd u will get admitted
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Bennyberry(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2015
erico2k2:

There should be no exams student should be admitted via their scores in the O level like the EU and America
so those who used malpractice in their O level should be admitted abi?. Having A's in ur O'level in nigeria does not necessarily mean you are intelligent most times it based on Runs and the quality of schools, america is america. And nigeria is nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by thrillionaire(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Tertiary education in Nigeria today is for the rich only. You have to buy JAMB scratch cards for everything. Admission letter, reprint of result and above all the tuition fees running into N100,0000 to N250,000. That is the range for those preferred choice; because tuition fees in those federal schools are far lower and everybody wants them.

My advice for the poor candidates. Since you are now literate with your school certificate, please go and acquire skills; and stop wasting your time with JAMB; even if you manage to gain the admission, can your parents shoulder the financial burden. Know that education goes beyond the walls of a school.

This is internet age, make the money and later get your degree online. You will even employ those graduates later with your school cert.

Food for thought.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by xbernardx(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2015
Touch me baby, i will just use the EXPO tomorrow for the Jamb exAms.... ouch

1 Share

Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by geraldhumphrey(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2015
U ar out of sense ma broda,dnt u knw schools will exploit us?
Reski:
Jamb should be scrapped and universities should be allowed to handle their admission processes completely.
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Gboskee(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2015
mrwiddy:
so dat we can make nigeria FAKER than ever,......if u care to hear,it z d purest examination in nigeria,l.
you are in somnambulism if you think jamb is the purest exam.2 years ago on a sunday afternoon i enroute frome my town to a l.g.a called bichi.. to write the exam which was set to take place on monday 21 @9am.. I arrived at 5 to 6pm. I desided to rest under mai shayi tent(tea nd bread seller)Before i knew the strick hall where the exam will gonna' take place the following day..i just saw people later in the night at around 8 to 9pm discussing about the endeavours of the exam. Meaning that, that very night there had already selected candidates.guess what?? The following day we just get into the hall to participate in "who wants to be a millionaire" (potted exam)
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Teophilus96(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2015
Say na one thing lead to something

Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by soldierdollar(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2015
techmart:
Jamb should try and make HND degree equals to Bachelor in Technology like proposed... that will beat down the number of applicants into universities, and the applicants for polytechnics will be more

They should also upgrade electricians to B.Eng Electrical Engineers .
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by nigeriancuban: 10:33am On Oct 29, 2015
jamb should be scrapped/swept off with one pfbthose APC brooms and thrown into a fast flowing lagoon
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by ayomide74: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2015
Olabisi Onabanjo University shld pls release their 3rd batch I dnt want to be jambite anymore

Ogene biko #sub
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 29, 2015
techmart:

That's not the responsibility or prerogative of JAMB. What you seek is within the powers of the Ministry of Education and the National Assembly. Meanwhile, JAMB has outlived its purpose and therefore, should be scrapped. It is only trying to stay relevant by the introduction of all these irrelevant rules and reforms!
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
xbernardx:
Touch me baby, i will just use the EXPO tomorrow for the Jamb exAms.... ouch
which village you emanate from?
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
Durentt:
Jamb and UniLag shud pity me dis time oooooh cry 6 yrs chasing medicine admission no be small tin ooo
prophetudeme on the building. How far you don register? Or you will still go ahead with the admission at building
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by lekankolade(m): 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Is there no way we nigerian students can unite and raise a single voice to go against dis pharaoh ruling and extortion from jamb of a thing ?....whats the importance of jamb as per admission concern when PUTME screening is there for u to tackle ? ....goverment should just scrap dis nonsense organisation....
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
SaintHephzibah:
prophetudeme on the building. How far you don register? Or you will still go ahead with the admission at building
how many account u get?? grin I'll go for building
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by adsami1: 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
Donfamous:
exactly bro, I wonder how prospective students will gain admission without jamb, especially those from not well to do family.
in fact I prefer jamb to Putme

Lol....so truue........hear the name nah....PUTME....put me 4school whether i pass or fail, just put-me.
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by lookingfly: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
techmart:
my brother, it's not about making both equal but does the institution where the different degrees offered the same, what about the lecturers and professors, what about the facilities?
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
techmart:
. Oga after Spending 5yr in a University of Technology just to get my B.Tech, you are now saying a Polythecnic graduate should share same priviledge with me..ah ahn u wicked bros....what poly graudates should be fighting for is equal opportunity in the Labour market with Uni graduates, and not Confering Degrees on Poly HND Graduates..For God Sake its a Polythecnic, and their Methods and reasons for existence are quite different from the university....Same for Graduates of Colleges of Education as well
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by cecegorz(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
techmart:

What about Polytechnics sticking to their purpose of establishments by churning out technically competent graduates who will not need to go and start competing with University graduates on the few or even non-existence white collar jobs.
Do you know that most of the jobs illiterate artisans do can be done professionally by HND graduates with extra finesse (and people are willing to pay higher for quality jobs) if they actually have the skills, but no, they are just bearing certificates in building tech, with no idea why one block is laid on another during constructions.
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by oldfaze: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Bodexowen(m): 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
adeniranfam:

Candidates seeking admission to tertiary institutions will have to abide by new rules from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), The Punch reports.

This is because the examination body has modified its procedure for students seeking admission for the 2016-2017 academic session with the introduction of the “preferred choice” platform in its portal.
This new addition will enable candidates have wider opportunities of securing admission as sales of form for the session commenced on September 30 to end on January 30, 2016.

According to Dr Fabian Benjamin, the chief information officer of the board, who spoke during an exclusive interview with The Punch on Monday, the modification, will lessen competition among candidates seeking placement to the nation’s “oversubscribed” universities.

“What we did initially was that you only have one choice. Now, we have made it in such a way that if you miss the University of Lagos; University of Nigeria, Nsukka; Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaira, you will have an opportunity of going to another school.

“Before, all universities will be in first and second choice and that will not solve any problem. We have now decided to put a few of those schools we feel will have more spaces as more preferred.

“Institutions placed on the more preferred choice are those that are mostly not oversubscribed. This is because it will not make any sense if you place institutions like the ABU, UNILAG, OAU and UNN, when in actual sense they cannot even admit one third of the candidates that will choose them as most preferred,” he said.

JAMB had during the 2015/16 session, arbitrarily redistributed admission seekers to universities other than their first choice institutions, which parents and candidates kicked against.

In a its response to the distribution, JAMB claimed that the redistributing policy was to accommodate more candidates, reduce wastage of admission opportunities and the stress parents and candidates go through in seeking placement in schools.

source: http://naijaallstar.com/2015/10/27/warning-jamb-introduces-new-rules-for-all-jambite/
.this is unimportant... doesn't change the number of unadmitted students
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by erico2k2(m): 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
Bennyberry:
so those who used malpractice in their O level should be admitted abi?. Having A's in ur O'level in nigeria does not necessarily mean you are intelligent most times it based on Runs and the quality of schools, america is america. And nigeria is nigeria.
So U seriously think there aren't no malpractice in the UK and US? Did education not come from there?are we not copying them still?
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by mrwiddy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
erico2k2:

Not at all.the whole western countries ha e nothing like Jamb.you get your O levels and you are admitted by your grades.
all we,'ve been saying:NEVER USE A GHANIAN ANTIDOTE FOR A NIGERIAN POISON!!
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
Durentt:
how many account u get?? grin I'll go for building
-ook congrats man
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Itzjoy(f): 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
Bennyberry:
it can never happen. 200 and 180 are not equal. Study hard nd u will get admitted
GBAM
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by Laveda(f): 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
Reski:
Jamb should be scrapped and universities should be allowed to handle their admission processes completely.
Nope, imagine the rate of corruption in school now, talk more of when jamb is scrapped off, Admission would be very tough without money. . Jamb is still the purest.
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by mbhs139(m): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
mrwiddy:
so dat we can make nigeria FAKER than ever,......if u care to hear,it z d purest examination in nigeria,l.

Well, at the bold part, I think is not correct in its entirety. I have heard reports of how JAMB CBT was compromised by the owners of the so called CBT centers. For instance, does not baffle you that candidates now prefer to write their JAMB CBT exams outside Lagos? You will want to ask why...
Re: Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites by xbernardx(m): 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
That village wey dey make sense pass wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
feel me!

SaintHephzibah:
which village you emanate from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teacher Shot By 6-year-Old With Gun In US Classroom / Depression: Kogi Teacher Commits Suicide Over Poor Welfare / My Medical School Experience- The Fighting Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.