Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful (8981 Views)

Smart Investors Are Buying Off The Oworonshoki Axis! / Why Traders/investors Fail (how To Stop Failing At Investing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by kolnel: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by paranorman(m): 11:53am On Nov 28, 2015
Interesting piece rashyfx.
So you are a girl, I like that!
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2015
seun.. you have started again, putting a forex thread on the front page; People will come and start bashing the business blindly.
cc- owliver

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rozayx5(m): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
nice points op

am a trader though professional . i can vouch for ur the points u raised. fx is very profitable but needs disciplne
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by Owliver(m): 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
seun.. you have started again, putting a forex thread on the front page; People will come and start bashing the business blindly.
cc- owliver
when i first saw peoples' comment i laughed. bashing wont change the fact that am in profit. after 2015 thread i would reduce my presence here on NL to bearest minimum.

i dont have to convince anyone about fx. no time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
forex trading is a highly leveraged and risky business...
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
onegig:

Although i do agree with some points in your opening article but recent releases about insider trading, Barclays fixing libor rates, HSBC scams and so on makes this the normal case of the small guys being wiped out.

There is nothing wrong aiming for 20 to 50% profit in a short period in a biz but most people have been wiped out by the manipulation of the market by the top guns and those at the helms of affairs which makes small time trading to be akin to GAMBLING. How do you expect people to succeed when the movement of the market clearly goes against all technical and fundamental analysis? Ain't it like throwing money into the "dark".

You may say, the insider trading is small compared to the volume of the trade but it is still significant to cause enough worries. I knew of many guys who had info of an imminent removal of the gag by the swiss authorities on the euro even before it was announced. They made a killing while a broker as big as (Liteforex or is it Alpari) went bankrupt taking huge sums of people's savings and investments down the drain.

My simple advice is for people who see this as their only means of livelihood to please desist from trading and just find other risk averse biz. You would lose your earnings. QED!

Wish you guys luck but that's the fact.
If you are not ready to take a calculated risk / control risk then you are not fit for forex market ...period

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by onegig(m): 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
rashyfx:

If you are not ready to take a calculated risk / control risk then you are not fit for forex market ...period
Not fit?
Calculated risks in a manipulated market? Good luck.
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
paranorman:
Interesting piece rashyfx.
So you are a girl, I like that!
Yes I am a girl
Thanks
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2015
rozayx5:
nice points op

am a trader though professional . i can vouch for ur the points u raised. fx is very profitable but needs disciplne
Whether we like it or not all I know is that the truth can not be changed..
It is either you choose to gamble or treat forex like a business by securing your capitaal as your first priority
I wish you good luck in anyone you choose to follow
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
TeeOw:
forex trading is a highly leveraged and risky business...
You can choose a very low leverage if you want
I recommend leverage 1:5 ' and 1:10
Good luck
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by pomsky: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2015
rashyfx:

How do you define success? For some business leaders, success is defined by monetary rewards, while others say success is having a positive impact on others.

Most of the Forex traders including me have failed miserably because they have failed to approach the global market in a professional manner , i will be discussing the factors that have caused the failure and still leading more than 95% of traders that are not ready to follow the right path , the following describe some of the factors why most Forex traders are not successful :

Lack of trading plan : If a you does not have a trading plan you are planning to fall for anything your mind come across on the trading platform, which means you are only gambling in the financial market, majority of traders that fail fall in the category of not having a trading plan

Lack of Discipline : Discipline set in automatically when you are always sticking to your good trading plan, a trader without a trading plan has nothing to do with being disciplined . Most traders will not succeed because most of the orders they placed would not give them rest of mind because they are over trading which will eventually lead to FEAR , this kind of traders would be emotionally in-balanced because of GREED.

Taking High Risk/Not Having Good Money management : money management should be the first thing to consider if you have ever dream of becoming a successful trader , most traders chase the profit instead of controlling the risk, when you use a proper money management trading plan even when you are making some mistakes in the market you tend to have chances of correcting yourself till you are able to get to the right channel . Most of us get the wrong information of getting rich quick trading the Forex which led almost all the Nigeria traders to be failure in this business also virtually all the fund manager s failed to deliver to the investors as promised , the most painful part of it is that i still read on this platform where some so called traders / signal providers still pass the information that traders can get rich in few months with just little capital trading the Forex and also they tell us that we could make couple of pips daily without talking about the risk that is attached to it .

I urge all Nigeria traders to please approach the Forex market the way the professionals do it and also our Forex investors should invest wisely with the mindset of getting to know the amount of risk they are willing to take in terms of money , having it in mind that this is what they can afford to loose...Maximum drawdown should not exceed 5%

Another factor that kill Forex traders fast is aiming for unrealistic expectation , most traders gamble just because they want to get rich over night , we need to be wise by now , if it is really working out this way everybody should be rich today . When setting your goal as a trader or investor make sure you are not aiming for unrealistic expectation that will lead to taking some risk you can not afford to take as the fact remains that you will never win all your placed orders . When a trader or investor is aiming for 1% - 5% profit in a month thats realistic expectation , to my greatest surprise i still see some traders and investors aiming for 50% , 100% , 1000% profit in a month which are unrealistic expectation , i call it GAMBLING and this is the mistake we all made then ...

Thanks
Olubunmi Rashidat

[size=14pt]
........he who spends time talking forex, hardly spends time trading. Show me your trades, NOT your talk![/size] lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
pomsky:

[size=14pt]
........he who spends time talking forex, hardly spends time trading. Show me your trades, NOT your talk![/size] lipsrsealed
What do you want ?
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by paranorman(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
rashyfx:

Yes I am a girl
Thanks
you know, not a lot of women are into FX; trips me when I see one doing it.
So, you just suddenly developed interest in FX or you got mentored?
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by pomsky: 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
rashyfx:

What do you want ?

[size=14pt].........give ur id and investors password for a peek into your trading history![/size]
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
pomsky:

[size=14pt].........give ur id and investors password for a peek into your trading history![/size]
After that ?
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by pomsky: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
rashyfx:

After that ?

[size=14pt]...........we'll know whether you qualify to talk about fx![/size]
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
I am looking for some like minded traders/investors to start a visible trading room for qualify traders to work together as a team..
I am already working on a track record

MAIN OBJECTIVE
To follow a professional money management rules
To build a long term track record
To raise a team of successful trader
To make up to 60% profit annually with maximum drawdown of less than 5%

If we are able to achieve the above , we can set up Hegde fund company in Nigeria to manage millions of USD for investors

If you want to become part of this development , you can reach me

Phone : 08100527200
Email : rasmedic2000@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 9:56am On Dec 01, 2015
November trading result , profit / loss = -1.5%

December activities begin immediately
Always remember to control risk while trading , that's our job
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2015
profit/loss for this week = +3.4%
leverage use is 1:10
very low risk money management rules , just to avoid huge loss and to remain in the market for life with slow and steady monthly profit
Enjoy the weekend
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2015
I am looking for some like minded traders/investors to start a visible trading room for qualify traders to work together as a team..

MAIN OBJECTIVE

If we are able to achieve the above , we can set up Hegde fund company in Nigeria to manage millions of USD for investors

Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by MSItachi: 10:40am On Dec 11, 2015
A lot of people might no understand or appreciate what you are doing here. Infact they don't need to. Am on board.
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
MSItachi:
A lot of people might no understand or appreciate what you are doing here. Infact they don't need to. Am on board.
I appreciate you. Please send me a message via email or call me for us to discuss on the project
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
Concerning the project u talked abt. I message u on whatsapp. Not delivered let alone get response. Activate ur whatsapp pls
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
dellyjoe10:
Concerning the project u talked abt. I message u on whatsapp. Not delivered let alone get response. Activate ur whatsapp pls
Thanks dellyjoe10 , can you please send me a mail or give me a call ..my whatsapp not active for now
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2015
good morning all

trade result for this week = +0.9%

As a trader your first priority is to secure the invested capital before thinking of making profit

have a wonderful weekend
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by Karlebolu(m): 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
rashyfx:
good morning all

trade result for this week = +0.9%

As a trader your first priority is to secure the invested capital before thinking of making profit

have a wonderful weekend

Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2015

MAIN OBJECTIVE

Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by rashyfx: 9:07am On Dec 18, 2015
Good morning all
I am still in the process of working together with those that have what it takes to trade FX professionally.
If you have at least 6 month track records with drawdown of less than 5% please let's talk , I have something good for you.
Re: Reasons Why Most Forex Traders/investors Are Not Successful by jamace(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
rashyfx:
November trading result , profit / loss = -1.5%

December activities begin immediately
Always remember to control risk while trading , that's our job
Why not continue this here: https://www.nairaland.com/1376969/forward-test-results-forex-investors

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free forex earning opportunity / 20 Rules For Successful Investing / Let Me Sponsor Your Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.