Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? (21895 Views)

How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only / See The Food A Couple Served Their Guests At Their White Wedding In Benue(pic) / My Traditional And White Wedding With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Joan4427(f): 12:20am On May 08, 2009
Why bother? Just have a nice quiet wedding (you and wife alone) and invest the 450k (USD?) in some future plan that will benefit your new family. What use is an elaborate wedding if the couple end up suffering from financial trouble?

Many couples use their weddings as a means for unnecessary show-off and 'levels' stipulation. What is important is the vows you exchange, and God does not charge you a cent for it.

Be wise. If you don't have dough to burn, keep it low-key. The whole wedding will be forgotten in a few days anyway!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by spoilt(f): 12:21am On May 08, 2009
Unless u want to serve rice with maggi cube sized pieces of meat.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Pittbaby(f): 12:21am On May 08, 2009
Akolawole:

The main reasons why my women are always village girls.

Trustworthy!

Natural beautiful!!  Not Mary kay pampered grin

And Many more!!!

Yes O Like Jenifa ,
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tope5000: 12:23am On May 08, 2009
Joan4427:

Why bother? Just have a nice quiet wedding (you and wife alone) and invest the 450k (USD?) in some future plan that will benefit your new family. What use is an elaborate wedding if the couple end up suffering from financial trouble?

Many couples use their weddings as a means for unnecessary show-off and 'levels' stipulation. What is important is the vows you exchange, and God does not charge you a cent for it.

Be wise. If you don't have dough to burn, keep it low-key. The whole wedding will be forgotten in a few days anyway!

450k naira darling cheesy
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Joan4427(f): 12:33am On May 08, 2009
Typewriter:

Can ladies keep in mind that most men are having hard time to wed (sorry spend hard earned Naira on one day event)

so i expect ladies to encourage this topic by bring out points that will make it possible for men to go for low key and easy weddings

please tabulate the most needed items and cost alternative so that Guys can agree to do this calvary and cross journey early.
than to wait for the woman of their love get older and desperate or get the poor thing impregnated to bring about hiding marriage or cheap wedding

again ladies should know that after wedding day (a one day event ) comes marriage (a life time event)
so which is more important?

note: also that Mr Right can not be a ready made thing rather you can mould and shape out your MR. Right with who you have!
stop being greedy, get to work and get lucky!

I absolutely agree with the above. So I still ask, "WHY BOTHER?" If you are a Catholic, just go to morning mass and get married after the mass. Then take your wife out for a nice lunch/dinner.
Better still, just do your court marriage (Las Vegas?) and get it iver with.

No need to burn all that dough (whether NAIRA, USD, POUNDS, etc) then suffer to build a family through financial trouble.

My wedding only cost $68.99 (Price for a romantic dinner for two at Red Lobsters). Now, I live a very comfy life with my hubby. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by ifyalways(f): 1:13am On May 08, 2009
@Poster,Yes,u can !
your wife can get a very nice lace material for her wedding gown plus sewing. . . .30K
Satin for bridal train plus sewing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .40K
charwama for 300 people . . . . .25K
Chicken for 300 . . . . . .15K
bottled water for 300 . . . . . . .10K
vegetable salad for 300 . . . . . .30K
disposable plates,serviettes,etc  for 300 . . . . .5K
Bottled juices(non-alcoholic) for 300. . . . .15K
Photographer. . . . . . .20K
Hall. . . . .30k(depends on location)
Hotel for u and ur wife for atleast 3 nights. . . . .21K
Wedding rings. . . . .50K
Hair,make up,shoes and bags. . . . .50K
If anyone does not eat b4 coming to ur wedding,dat one na him palaver.RIce sef for weddings no dey tire Nigerians?u wud even have change at the end of the day .  . . .abt 100K.lol
wishing u a very happy and blissful married life !
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by FLGators1: 1:14am On May 08, 2009
420K?

Nitori kini?

Why a big wedding sef? undecided
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by studio43(m): 1:19am On May 08, 2009
kini lo omode mo sef?
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Joan4427(f): 1:26am On May 08, 2009
FL Gators!:

420K?

Nitori kini?

Why a big wedding sef? undecided

I have been asking the same question since I saw this thread. I still don't get it!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by FLGators1: 1:28am On May 08, 2009
@Studio

tani omode?

tin ba mu e. wa moh wipe Olorun ni Oluwa tongue tongue

@Joan
Like for real.

Dollars, euro, nairas, no matter what currency, it's still alot of money to fiddle with
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by studio43(m): 1:37am On May 08, 2009
Fl Gator,

awon eyan ti o lowo lo ma n soro be yen o
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by FLGators1: 1:39am On May 08, 2009
talo so fun e wipe mii lowo? tongue tongue
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by studio43(m): 1:54am On May 08, 2009
o lowo jare grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Ndipe(m): 1:57am On May 08, 2009
Are things really that hard in Nigeria that 450k isnt enough for a wedding? I'd think that's a nice sum of money to spend on a wedding.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by FLGators1: 2:03am On May 08, 2009
@studio

you know you can vouch for me wink
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Nobody: 2:13am On May 08, 2009
450k will be enough for a Moderate wedding,  Perfect

Lot of couples had done it with less than 450k and successful.

So far its not a LAU LAU WEDDDINGgrin

450,000 Naira!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is OKAY!!!

Cut according to your cloth!  smiley
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by studio43(m): 3:02am On May 08, 2009
Faakay A.K.A.

dbanj wannabe too much money , lol
u don call again wiff ya preachings abi.

FL ALLEGATOR,

~Smiles~ wink
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Nobody: 3:11am On May 08, 2009
studio43:

Faakay A.K.A.

grin grin GUY how far, gbayi, I Just gentle man grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by FLGators1: 3:13am On May 08, 2009
Faakay A.K.A.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by studio43(m): 3:17am On May 08, 2009
faakay,

nothing do me jare, u too tyte.

how your side naw? lol, mehn , i dey gbadun u. nor be set up. lol

i never knew u dey frequent this area sha. lol
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by fayahsoul: 4:12am On May 08, 2009
a virtual community of sleepers.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Mashkov: 8:19am On May 08, 2009
450K for a white wedding (NGN or USD). I am sure it is NGN.

Bros, you never ready. Better do traditional introduction that won't cost you more than 200K and carry on with your lives. 450k naaaah!!!

One advise for you, same thing a friend once told me, "Your wedding can never be the worst on record neither can it be the best" - so do what you can only afford.

Ciao!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tkb417(m): 8:46am On May 08, 2009
@Poster,Yes,u can !
your wife can get a very nice lace material for her wedding gown plus sewing. . . .30K
Satin for bridal train plus sewing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .40K
charwama for 300 people . . . . .25K
Chicken for 300 . . . . . .15K
bottled water for 300 . . . . . . .10K
vegetable salad for 300 . . . . . .30K
disposable plates,serviettes,etc for 300 . . . . .5K
Bottled juices(non-alcoholic) for 300. . . . .15K
Photographer. . . . . . .20K
Hall. . . . .30k(depends on location)
Hotel for u and ur wife for atleast 3 nights. . . . .21K
Wedding rings. . . . .50K
Hair,make up,shoes and bags. . . . .50K
If anyone does not eat b4 coming to ur wedding,dat one na him palaver.RIce sef for weddings no dey tire Nigerians?u wud even have change at the end of the day . . . .abt 100K.lol
wishing u a very happy and blissful married life !
chei!!!
Global meltdown don cause wahala
hall for 30k shocked shocked shocked im sure thats in the village
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by MrCrackles(m): 9:22am On May 08, 2009
tkb417:

chei!!!
Global meltdown don cause wahala
hall for 30k shocked shocked shocked im sure thats in the village

Or some derelict/run down government primary/secondary school halls!! grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Jiokeh(m): 9:41am On May 08, 2009
@goodson
Yes it is very possible to have a befitting but small wedding with you budget. This has always been one problem I have with our system. Why should I invite the entire universe to come and witness my wedding? Its not compulsory. With your 150 guest expectations, make it a strictly on invitation event. Food and drinks is where most of the expenditures go to.
Breakdown:
2 bags of rice @ N14,000 will serve the 150 guests. Drop extra N75k for ingredients & the take away pack to package the food. For drinks buy the following:
5 cartons of non-alcoholic wine = N25,000 (60 bottles).
5 cartons of canned minerals (assorted) = N10,000 (120) bottles.
5 cartons of amstel malta = N12,500 (120 bottles).
5 cartons of Heineken = N15,000 (120 bottles)
10 cartons of 75cl bottled water = N10,000 (240 bottles)
You are done with drinks. Anybody that offer more should go to a joint after the wedding.
For your suit, go for mass produced italian suits = N25k, shoe = N5k, shirt = N3k. For your wife, rent wedding dress N20k, her shoe = N3,500, accessories = N10k. Her friends should help her for her make-up.
For venue, use the church hall, if they dont have, use a school field hire canopy & chairs. Put away N70k for that. DJ = N30k, Photographer = N30k. Your wedding and engagement ring set = N35k. Wedding cake and decorations = N40k
Total expensis = N432,500.

Done deal! Your wedding has come and gone within ur budget without breaking the bank. You'll have abt N15k extra for miscellinous expensis . HAPPY MARRIED LIFE IN ADVANCE.

Nb: Chances are friends & families might throw in financial assistance. If that happens, you can use it to up your game a little. Like paying for your best man's suit & ur wife's bride's maids dress.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by webprince(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2009
@poster
dont let some ppl deceive U, there is no way U can spend just #450k on a white wedding in Nigeria of 2day, miscellaneous expenses alone will amount 2 about 300K. Unless U r planning 2 wed in d village!

@all
kindly answer this question truthfully:
Married: how much did U spend on ur wedding and what year?
Unmarried: How much will U wish 2 spend on ur wedding?
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by pek(m): 10:16am On May 08, 2009
Bros, you never ready. Better do traditional introduction that won't cost you more than 200K and carry on with your lives. 450k naaaah!!!

One advise for you, same thing a friend once told me, "Your wedding can never be the worst on record neither can it be the best" - so do what you can only afford.

good talk. lets not deceive ourselves, 450k will get you nowhere with 150 guests.
i spent over 250k last year for a wedding of less than 50 people and my house was the reception venue.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by abhosts(m): 10:25am On May 08, 2009
We make so much fuss about wedding ceremonies in Nigeria. Ironically, the cost of a wedding does not in any way determine it's success.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by webprince(m): 10:25am On May 08, 2009
@poster
this is an average breakdown of a wedding budget in Lagos of 2day

Suit   -   40k
Gown -  50k (rentage 15k)
shoe  -  10k
Hall/Field  -  70k
Wedding Cake  -  50k
Wedding ring  -  30k
chairs (20 dozens)  - 6k
tables (15 small ones)  -  4k
cow  -  90k
food (for 200)  -  80k
drinks & water  -  40k
liquor (moderate)  - 20k
IV (average for 200) - 40k
photographer - 25k
video coverage - 25k
decoration - 20k
+ enough miscellaneous expenditure

This alone is in excess of 600k and is not a standard wedding yet.

My advice, let ur bride's father/family knows ur financial capability as they are the host and not U, U might be planning a low key wedding and they have invited a thousand and one guest already. So, have a round table talk and 'iron' things out. My father-in-law was financially supportive during my wedding to d tune of 2mill, but I still spend in excess of 1.4mill, A word is enough 4 d wise!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by ohhippie(m): 10:28am On May 08, 2009
why not?cut your coat according to your cloth.theres no point hosting an elaborate wedding only for you to go aborrowing after.Remember,wedding is just for one day but MARRIAGE is for life.people will come,eat and clean mouth and leave you in bebts.Do your reception in the church hall where shacks will not be served.

1 Like

Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by webprince(m): 10:34am On May 08, 2009
pek:

go save ur dough till ur wife comes into ur house
go to the Reg to sign and then take pics.
You dont have to do any jamboree if u dont have the dough

good talk. lets not deceive ourselves, 450k will get you nowhere with 150 guests.
i spent over 250k last year for a wedding of less than 50 people and my house was the reception venue.

true talk!

abhosts:

We make so much fuss about wedding ceremonies in Nigeria. Ironically, the cost of a wedding does not in any way determine it's success.
Its true dat wedding cost does not in any way determines the success of the marriage. But y must we always paint our culture or practice bad every time. Nobody is forced to take up loan for wedding!
Can U please ask an Indian lady d cost of a wedding in India and compare that 2 what we spend here in 9ja!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by surface(f): 10:36am On May 08, 2009
Fumble don start again embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Burial Of Man Who Died A Week To His Wedding In Bauchi (Photos) / My Wedding Pictures / Birthday Party For One Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.