Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

How To Make It To Heaven!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Make It To Heaven!!! (2760 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / These groups of people worldwide won't make it to heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 1:02am On Oct 28, 2015
[b]HOW TO MAKE IT TO HEAVEN
----------------------------------

Born Again

Jesus said in John 3:3-6 unless a man
is born again he cannot see or enter
the kingdom of God. A man is
spiritually dead because of sin (Gen.
2:17, 3:1-24; Rom. 6:23). He is
separated from God thus being
spiritually dead. That is why before we
are born again we cannot understand
the Bible, because it is spiritually
discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14; John
6:63, John 16:13).

Our spirit is dead because of sin and
we are unable to enter into God's
presence, have fellowship with Him or
understand His Word. There is nothing
that we can do on our own to erase
those sins. Only the Blood of Jesus
can remove sin from our lives and
cause us to stand Holy and pure
before God (Hebrews 9:12-15;
10:1-22; Isaiah 1:18-20).

The Bible says that the way to be
Saved or Born Again is to repent of
your sin (in other words turn away
from evil) recognizing that you are a
sinner, asking God to forgive you, and
accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and
Savior (Acts 2:38-39; John 3:16-18).
We are to believe in His sacrifice for
us, in which He gave His life at Calvary
to redeem us from spiritual death,
sickness and poverty (1 John 3:16;
Gal. 3:13014; I Peter 2:24; Isaiah
53:4-5; 2 Corinthians 8:9).

Romans 10:9-13 says if you confess
with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and
shall believe in your heart that God
raised Him from the dead, you shall be
saved. For with the heart man believes
unto righteousness, (right standing
with God) and with the mouth
confession is made unto salvation. For
whosoever (that's you) shall call upon
the name of the Lord shall be saved.
If you will ask the Lord Jesus into
your heart right now wherever you are,
you will be saved. Just say to Him,
Dear God, I come to you in the name
of Jesus. I repent of my sin and ask
Jesus to become the Lord of my life. I
now accept Him as Lord and Savior. In
Jesus' name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer from your
heart you are a new creation in Christ
(2 Corinthians 5:17-21; John 6:37). Old
things are passed away and everything
has become new. If you did not make
that commitment, do yourself a favor
and look up the scriptures asking God
to help you to see the truth in them. If
you ask Him, you will be able to see
the truth (John 14:6).
Will you accept Jesus Christ as your
Lord and Savior today?
Please contact us to let us know if
after reading this web page, you have
decided to trust Jesus Christ as your
Savior. If you would like more
literature to help you grow spiritually,
you may contact via e-mail at
info@etm.org[/b]

lalasticlala:

http://www.etm.org/id13.html

http://epignosisministries.com
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 6:42am On Oct 28, 2015

@ op , chrstianity teach that there are two destinies for everyone . Heaven or hell .

According to ur thread , nobody can go to heaven unless they re born - again .

My question is : where did Noah go when he died ? . Heaven Or Hell

Was he born - again ?

Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Shollyps(m): 7:34am On Oct 28, 2015
...where is Abraham, David,Jacob,Isaac right now?
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Living4christ(m): 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
MizJanet:

@ op , chrstianity teach that there are two destinies for everyone . Heaven or hell .

Was he born - again ?

Heaven, even methusalah, Daniel, moses, Elijah, Elisha etc. Those days there was no christ no cross, God worked on them specially.
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Humblebloke(m): 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
Where is the *heaven* located
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Living4christ:

Heaven, even methusalah, Daniel, moses, Elijah, Elisha etc. Those days there was no christ no cross, God worked on them specially.

You forget that those men aint born agains, yet they see the kingdom of God , which clearly contradict Jesus word that "unless any man is born again " .

I like the way you people contradict yourselves .

then you just prove Jesus is not the way , Daniel nd moses made heaven without Jesus dying for their sins ? Yes Or No grin grin

Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2015
MizJanet:

Was he born - again ?

***Prior the death & resurrection of Jesus Christ, ALL the dead, both righteous and sinners went 'down'!
There spirits were held captive in the lower parts of the earth. The sinners went to hell while the righteous were located above them in Abraham's bosom. Separating them was a mighty Gulf such that ppl from hell COULD NOT cross over to Abrahams bosom, and vice versa.
Luke 16 v 19-31

***No, none of them was born again at death!

Kindly visit:
http://epignosisministries.com/2012/06/09/chapter-12-jesus-went-to-[/color]
for further info on ABRAHAM'S BOSOM.

Thanks.
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Shollyps:
...where is Abraham, David,Jacob,Isaac right now?

Right now, they are WITH Jesus Christ in Heaven.
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
Heaven for black people

1 Like

Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Living4christ(m): 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
MizJanet:

You forget that those men aint born agains, yet they see the kingdom of God , which clearly contradict Jesus word that "unless any man is born again " .

then you just prove Jesus is not the way , Daniel nd moses made heaven without Jesus dying for their sins ? Yes Or No grin grin

God work with each generation according to his promise. It has pleased God that in Him(Jesus) should all fulness dwell, and that he should be the captain of the begotten sons and daughters Hebrews 2:10. Jesus is the fulfilment of the prophecy which says that, " In him shall the Gentiles(non-Israelites) trust, Isaiah 11:1-5,10". God Has made him the captain of our salvation, to lead the sons of men to Him(God), Jesus has pass from death unto life everlasting, that he did to collect the key of life and death - Revelation 1:18. Jesus taste death for every man to come through Him and access the Father - Hebrews 2:9.

And concerning the question you asked that "those men was not born again yet they saw the kingdom of God", those men had the fear of God, that was the only thing that could take someone to heaven then, "The fear of God", the reason they made it was because of the devoted and consecrated life they lived to God despite the backsliding of the other multitude. So it pleased God to allow them enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Psalm 24:1-5; 15:1-5, this is the reason they entered and God still expect this from all, as it is the only certificate or passport to enter God's Kingdom.
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
MizJanet:

Of a truth, NO ONE can see (talk less of entering) the kingdom of God except they are born again. Jn 3 v 3.
Before the death & resurrection of JC, NONE of d old testament Prophets saw/entered d kingdom of God. Once they died, they went straight down to Abrahams Bosom which was also beneath the earth but separated from hell by a large, uncrossable gulf.
They were there patiently waiting for the coming of Christ-The Messiah Lk 7 v 19-20.
They received salvation (during d 3 days) when Jesus Christ was crucified, died, descended, preached to them and ascended taking them on high with him. Matthew 27:50-53.
That was when they had d opportunity to SEE and ENTER the Kingdom of God!

So, Moses, Daniel etc made heaven WITH Jesus Christ!

All in all, Jesus Christ died for EVERYBODY'S sin(s) - mine, urs, David's, Noah's, the 'white', the 'black' etc. Just accept Him as ur Lord and Saviour! Except being born again, It's a classic 'One Chance to hell' scenario!
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by didfy: 6:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
You can simpely go to heaven byTHIS... Romans 10:9-10 QED
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ebony7:

, ALL the dead, both righteous and sinners went 'down'!
There spirits were held captive in the lower parts of the earth. The sinners went to hell while the righteous were located above them in Abraham's bosom. Separating them was a mighty Gulf such that ppl from hell COULD NOT cross over to Abrahams bosom,
Luke 16 v 19-31

***No, none of them was born again at death
[/b]

See delusion .

dont play Ludo game here , ur bible said Abraham BOssom , nw what is a bossom ? Literally "A persons chest position"

E.g john 13:23 - an apostle rest on the BossoM of Jesus . Not some crazy place beneath the soil but His chest position . Thats the meaning of bossom. Simple english

The bossom of the man , Abraham refers to the chestlike position of the man called Abraham .

Since this has been clarified , tell me - how can Abel die and go to the bossom of a man called Abraham who is not yet born ? ? ?
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 10:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ebony7:

[b]Of a truth, NO ONE can see (talk less of entering) the kingdom of God except they are born again. Jn 3 v 3.
Before the death & resurrection of JC, NONE of d old testament Prophets saw/entered d kingdom of God. Once they died, they went straight down to Abrahams Bosom which was also beneath the earth but separated from hell by a large, uncrossable gulf.
They were there patiently waiting for the coming of Christ-The Messiah Lk 7 v 19-20.
They received salvation (during d 3 days) when Jesus Christ was crucified, died, descended, preached to them and ascended taking them on high with him. Matthew 27:50-53.

All in all, Jesus Christ died for EVERYBODY'S sin(s) - mine, urs, David's, Noah's, the 'white', the 'black' etc. Just accept Him as ur Lord and Saviour! Except being born

What is Abraham BOSSOM ? - clue: Gen 16:5
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 10:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
Living4christ
so it pleased God to allow them enter the kingdom of heaven

Even though they are not born again , shey ? grin
So Jesus was lying when he said " UNLESS any man is born again " ?
grin grin
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
MizJanet:

See delusion .

dont play Ludo game here , ur bible said Abraham BOssom , nw what is a bossom ? Literally "A persons chest position"

E.g john 13:23 - an apostle rest on the BossoM of Jesus . Not some crazy place beneath the soil but His chest position . Thats the meaning of bossom. Simple english

The bossom of the man , Abraham refers to the chestlike position of the man called Abraham .[/b]
MizJanet:

What is Abraham BOSSOM ? - clue: Gen 16:5

Good!
Unfortunately, u've given ONLY ONE DEFINITION of bosom, there are FOUR!

bos·om (bo͝oz′əm, bo͞o′zəm)
n.
a. The chest of a human: He held the
sleepy child to his bosom.
b. A woman's breast or breasts.
2. The part of a garment covering the
chest or breasts.
3. The security and closeness likened
to being held in a warm familial
embrace: We welcomed the stranger
into the bosom of our family.

4. The chest considered as the source
of emotion.
adj.
Beloved; intimate: a bosom friend.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bosom
The word "bosom" as used in Luke 16:19-31 is used in the context of the (bolded) 3rd definition above.
"Abraham's Bosom" in this context is a translation d Greek word "kolpos which conveys: "Abrahams side", "Abraham's arms", "next to Abraham", "Abraham's vicinity, "with Abraham".

NOW, it's Settled!

Kindly visit
http://epignosisministries.com/2012/06/09/chapter-12-jesus-went-to-

for further info on ABRAHAM'S BOSOM.

Thanks.
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 12:01am On Oct 30, 2015
MizJanet:

...... tell me - how can Abel die and go to the bossom of a man called Abraham who is not yet born ? ? ?
Good question!
1) Hebrew 7v9: "... Levi (Abraham's Great-grandchild) also, .... paid tithe in Abraham".
**How could ds be, since he was still in Abraham's loins?
2) John 1v30, John said, "This is he (Jesus) of whom I said, 'After me cometh a man which is preferred b4 me; for he was before me' ".
**How could ds be since John was "older" (at least in d physical sense) than Jesus?
Simple!
Here lies d answer:
**Psm 135v6,
**Luke 1v37
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 12:09am On Oct 30, 2015
MizJanet:

Even though they are not born again , shey ?
grin

grin grin

I've already answered this in my 3rd post (@ 1.40pm October 29) above. Kindly check it.
Again, 4 emphasis, no "unborn again" shall enter the Kingdom of God!
Thanks.
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 5:26am On Oct 30, 2015
Ebony7:

bos·om (bo͝oz′əm, bo͞o′zəm)
n.
a. The chest of a human: He held the
sleepy child to his bosom.
b. A woman's breast or breasts.
2. The part of a garment covering the
chest or breasts.
3. The security and closeness likened
to being held in a warm familial
Embrace: We welcomed the stranger
into the bosom of our family.

4. The chest considered as the source
of emotion.
adj.
Beloved; intimate: a bosom friend.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bosom
The word "bosom" as used in Luke 16:19-31 is used in the context of the (bolded) 3rd definition above.
"Abraham's Bosom" in this context is a translation d Greek word "kolpos [color=red] which conveys: "Abrahams side", "Abraham's arms", [u]"next to Abraham", [/u]Abraham's vicinity, "with Abraham".

NOW, it's Settled!

@ red _ Thats where the problem lies , how can Abel die and go to the side of a man called Abraham [size=20] who is not yet born? [/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 5:39am On Oct 30, 2015
Ebony7:

I've already answered this in my 3rd post (@ 1.40pm October 29) above. Kindly check it.
Again, 4 emphasis, no "unborn again" shall enter the Kingdom of God!
Thanks.

you didnt answer anything , after you are caught red - handed trying to twist a mere bossom into a crazy place , you changed direction nd said abraham bossom refer to Abrahams Side .

That means all your dead go to the side of Abraham , you mean Abel died and go to the bossom side of a man named Abraham thats not yet born ? grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by paxonel(m): 6:03am On Oct 30, 2015
op, is this orientation of how to make it to heaven directed to christians or non christians?
as a christian,are you in heaven right now or you are about to make it to heaven?
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 6:05am On Oct 30, 2015
See how hard you have to twist the below bible verses just to defend an absurd concept .

Ebony7:

Good question!
1) Hebrew 7v9: "... Levi (Abraham's Great-grandchild) also, .... paid tithe in Abraham"
**How could ds be, since he was still in Abraham's loins?

The writer is not dogmatic . He said " one might even say" . To explain his point he said Levi is still in Abrahams "loins" . That render the expression FIGURATIVE . Not that Levi himself literally approach melchizedek

Is Abel in Abrahams loins ? !!!

2) John 1v30, John said, "This is he (Jesus) of whom I said, 'After me cometh a man which is preferred b4 me; for he was before me' ".
**How could ds be since John was "older" (at least in d physical sense) than Jesus?
Simple!

Here lies the answer:

** Psalm 135v6,
** Luke 1v37

According to Christians Jesus preexist his birth, so your question is both dumb
and silly

Did Abraham Preexist Abel ? shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Living4christ(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2015
MizJanet:

Even though they are not born again , shey ?
grin

grin grin

Did you read the scriptural reference i gave you?
Read it you will understand what i'm saying, The fear of God was the only thing they had then, if you have it you will enter into his kingdom, because Jesus had not yet come, it was still on the process.
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Living4christ(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2015
MizJanet:
See how hard you have to twist the below bible verses just to defend an absurd concept .

The writer is not dogmatic . He said " one might even say" . To explain his point he said Levi is still in Abrahams "loins" . That render the expression FIGURATIVE . Not that Levi himself literally approach melchizedek

Is Abel in Abrahams loins ? !!!

and silly

Jesus was not a human he is the son of God, he took Human form to save human, Phillipian 2:5-8
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Living4christ(m): 8:19am On Oct 30, 2015
Ebony7:

Of a truth, NO ONE can see (talk less of entering) the kingdom of God except they are born again. Jn 3 v 3.

All in all, Jesus Christ died for EVERYBODY'S sin(s) - mine, urs, David's, Noah's, the 'white', the 'black' etc. Just accept Him as ur Lord and Saviour! Except being born again, It's a classic 'One Chance to hell' scenario!

Moses did not go to abraham's bosom, Hebrews 1:9, God took him, even enoch, he did not see death God took him, Elijah also, He did not see death God took him, God took them to heaven not abraham's bosom, The people that might have went there were the ordinary prophets and minor prophets and also people who had the fear of God.
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 8:23am On Oct 30, 2015
Living4christ:

Jesus was not a human he is the son of God, he took Human form to save human, Phillipian 2:5-8

Your friend said john the baptist is older than Jesus. So John definitely lied when he said Jesus is older . grin grin while trying to defend his heretic theory

So whats ur point with the stuff u wrote above ?
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 8:30am On Oct 30, 2015
Living4christ:

Did you read the scriptural reference i gave you?
Read it you will understand what i'm saying, The fear of God was the only thing they had then, if you have it you will enter into his kingdom, because Jesus had not yet come, it was still on the process.

stop trying to make sense out of non - sense , you re sounding silly .

You mean they make heaven without Jesus dying for their sins ? Have you forgotten that you guys said all have inherit sin and only the death of Jesus can cleanse it ?

You mean they were saved before Jesus died for them ? So Jesus death is useless since fear of God is only what is needed ?

1 Like

Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2015
Living4christ:

Moses did not go to abraham's bosom, Hebrews 1:9, God took him, even Methuselah, he did not see death God took him, Elijah also, He did not see death God took him, God took them to heaven not abraham's bosom, The people that might have went there were the ordinary prophets and minor prophets and also people who had the fear of God.

" NO MAN has ever been to heaven" - john 3:13
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 10:22am On Oct 30, 2015
MizJanet:

@ red _ Thats where the problem lies , how can Abel die and go to the side of a man called Abraham [size=20] who is not yet born? [/size]

According to the Bible - Almighty God's Word, Jesus Christ (though physically younger) preexist John the Baptist - John 1v30; he also preceeded Abraham - John 8v56-58.
Do you agree with this "Biblical assertions"?
If yes, why should you find it absurd that Abraham (could) preexist Abel (or perhaps any other progenitor)?
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2015
MizJanet:

Your friend said john the baptist is older than Jesus. So John definitely lied when he said Jesus is older . grin grin while trying to defend his heretic theory

So whats ur point with the stuff u wrote above ?

Kindly go through the post one more time; you did misquote me!

In the physical, John was at least 6 months older than Jesus Christ - Lk 1v41; but both parties agreed that the latter was in existence before the former spiritually ie in d spiritual realm - John 1v15, John 8v58.
That's settled!
Thanks.
Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by MizJanet(f): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2015
Ebony7:

According to the Bible - Almighty God's Word, Jesus Christ (though physically younger) preexist John the Baptist - John 1v30; he also preceeded Moses- John 8v56-58.
Do you agree with this "Biblical assertions"?
If yes, why should you find it absurd that Abraham (could) preexist Abel (or perhaps any other progenitor)?

Loooooolssss , Abraham pre - exist Abel . grin

That means Abraham came down from heaven like bible Jesus . Shey ?

You are actually telling me that Jesus Lied , when he said he is the only one that has come down from heaven _ john 3:13

Jesus : " no man has ever been to heaven except the one [ Jesus] who came from heaven , the son of man "

Ebony7: Stop lying , even abraham pre - exist and come down from heaven .

grin grin grin

Re: How To Make It To Heaven!!! by Ebony7: 10:56am On Oct 30, 2015
MizJanet:

and silly

Truthfully, there's no Biblical record pinpointing that. So, I can't say a "yes/no"!
Conversely, if u had asked me, "is it possible for Abraham to preexist Abel?"
I'll say yes, it's possible!
How and why? There indeed is a precedence - d Jesus~John/Abraham scenario (Jn 1v 15, Jn 8v 56-58).
Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Blasted Onlne After "Changing Sex Of Unborn Baby" In Zambia.PICS / Green Water In Celestial Church Of Christ / CONGRATULATIONS! These 8 Nairalanders - Check your bank alerts - N7,530 each!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.