Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class (56945 Views)

Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made / Check Out The Mercedes G-Class / 9 Amazing Cars From The Mercedes-benz Museum In Stuttgart, Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by nigeriancuban: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
nice piece of machine
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by NifemiOlu(m): 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nothing special
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by symbianDON(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
boyz be like..'abeg when the tokunbo go comot?'
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
A sweet ride makes me hor.ny lipsrsealed
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by free2ryhme: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
Technology at its finest
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
BREAKING NEWS!!!
The Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of General Muhammadu Buhari, APC, The Senate and National House of Assembly hereby announces to all Graduates, Undergraduates, University and Polytechnic Students, and Applicants that today is Wednesday 28th October 2015 and that tomorrow will be Thursday 29thOctober 2015.

Thank you for reading.

You can now go back to what you were doing.
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
No garage is complete without a benz.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
ZACHIE:
I thought I had a car

Where the car dey, abi u don sell am...........
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by boujaye: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
phonesNgadgets:
Big Boyz ride Benz! smiley

I am saving already for it!! grin
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by alaskido(m): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
What about if area boys still your phone. This means you cant drive the car. grin grin grin
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
May i know it price? I may buy it for my wife
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by alaskido(m): 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2015
What about if area boys steal your phone? You cant drive the car.
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by ExInferis(m): 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
steffans:
Chai Benz..

I wonder what my kids will drive in d next 15 years..

Dont you mean fly?
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Ghost01(m): 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
And it's the Germans again!
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Stycon(m): 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2015
Classic toy wink
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
Sending this info to sheikh khalid bin mohammed al maktoum preme minister and vice president of theuae the uae and ruler of dubai.
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by staymore: 3:50pm On Oct 28, 2015
Am going to order my own once it is commissioned
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by staymore: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
Am going to order my own once it is commissioned
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by okabe(m): 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2015
Whizpeter:
Chai.. Technology don mad finish...
u neva jam sef. . .more coming grin
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Whizpeter(m): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
okabe:
u neva jam sef. . .more coming grin
Lol cheesy
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Lezzlie(m): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
wearobo:
No doubt the S-class is a nice car but the 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class with all its technological features would make its older brother look like the last child in a family. It packs some of the features of the 'car of the future' like automated driving and automated parking etc. which I believe, that's what you and I want to see in a car. And the E-Class sedan won't disappoint. AutoBlog revealed the features of the 2017 E-Class sedan.Check them out below.

Semi Autonomous driving

The Mercedes-Benz E-Class, which will make its official debut at the 2016 Detroit autoshow, is a semi autonomous luxury car. In other words, it is able to drive on its own without any input from you. Like Tesla Model S cars that drive themselves on the highways, all thanks to its autopilot system and the V7.0 software update, E-Class has what the German car maker calls 'semi automated assistance system' that consist of smarter adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. It takes the driving from you in certain situations, while still allowing you to be in control by having your hands on the steering wheel. Unlike Tesla cars with autopilot software update that pilot themselves on the highways with lane making, the 2017 E-Class does so even on public roads with no lane markings.It does so by following the car ahead and by scanning for structures such as guardrails and even buildings at the side of the road.

Park with a smartphone

Owners of the E-Class luxury saloon will be able to park their vehicles with a smartphone via an app called ''Mercedes connect me'' developed by the German automaker. This capability is a feature called autonomous park pilot. Mercedez autonomous park pilot is similar to the remote parking found in the BMW 7 series. Once you arrived at your destination, just activate the parking system and step out of the car. When you find a parking space, you can control your car into the spot by circling on the phone's screen within 10 feet of the car.

Your smartphone now your car key.

It's turns your phone into a car key.You can unlock your E-Class door with an NFC-enabled smartphone like the iPhone 6s or Galaxy S6, instead of your car key. Just point and tap your phone at the driver's door and it will open. This is very similar to BMW's take on the 7 series that offers a key fob and touchscreen. It also has a cradle that offers wireless charging to a NFC handset with a secure SIM card.

Share information with other vehicles(V2X communication)

The 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan will come pre-installed with what is known as V2X or vehicle to X. This X stands for other vehicles and infrastructures.It will allow the 2017 E-Class to share information such as traffic with other vehicles via a Mercedes server. This will help improve vehicles safety. The E-Class also has Active Braking and Evasive Steering Assist to assist you detect and avoid hitting pedestrians that jump on the road out of the 'blue' and also to avoid collision with the car in front by slamming on the brakes when the system detects that an evasive maneuver is not possible.It also adjusts if you put in too much steering to keep the car E-Class stable.

Adaptive LED Matrix Lighting. Introduced on the CLS for 2014, Mercedes’ Multibeam LED headlamps are enhanced for the 2017 E-class. The individual LED count increases from 24 to 84, each individually controllable—switching between high- and low-beams, and the curve-following adaptive-lighting functions are now achieved entirely via electronics. The light pattern is also altered in city driving or via information from the navigation system (such as when approaching intersections). Additionally, the light unit glows blue, which just looks cool.

Credit: http://www.wearobo.com/2015/10/check-out-technological-features-of.html#sthash.Z7V5G4V2.dpuf
impressive. It is either a Benz or never.

But by the way, why say the S class is a nice car? That's sacrilegious. The S class is the pace setter of automobiles. Benz all the way.
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Whizpeter(m): 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
alaskido:
What about if area boys steal your phone? You cant drive the car.

The phone aspect is just a valued added service... The car would work without it..
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Fkforyou(m): 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
I swear mercedes is so awesome....there cars are so sexy. Baba God I pray make I buy this car.
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Whizpeter(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
symbianDON:
boyz be like..'abeg when the tokunbo go comot?'

And Men be like... 'I wanna 'Pre-Order' this ride...' cool

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by chukslawrence(m): 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
ZUBY77:
Don't worry niggas. Bishop Oyedepo is getting us there soon
We believe any negative thing that happens to us is spiritual and not normal. How I wished we have less gullible members in my church(Winners).

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by eaglechild: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
Most of the technology mentioned are already in use in most luxury brands and even in regular brands.
Many car companies just tweak it a bit and give it a fancy new name.

Active lane departure warning which stirs you back to the road automatically

Self parking

Adaptive laser guided cruise control etc.

Use of mobile phones to unlock and start your car e.g. Nissan connect system are available.

It is just that Tokunbo cars and purchase of base models even when new have kept most Nigerians 10 years behind current car technology.
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Lancier(m): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
Do you know Insurance is the modern day creator and protector of wealth?

We at InsuranceDirect2U in association with STACO Insurance Plc can provide you with world class insurance services to safeguard you in Nigeria's challenging environment. 

Our Services: 
Motor Insurance,Fire and Special Perils Insurance,Personal Protection Plan,Burglary Insurance,Home Insurance,Personal Accident Insurance,Building Insurance,Workmen Compensation,Professional Indemnity, Public Liability Marine & Aviation Insurance,Engineering & Construction Insurance,Loss of Shares Indemnity,Performance/Advance Payment/Bid Bonds,Oil & Gas Insurance etc. 

Our rates and premiums are quite competitive and affordable. We also offer we flexible payment plans and advisory services. 

For inquiries, call/whatsapp LANRE  on 08033054437 or ping me. BB Pin: 2bd85fdb  You can also email me on lancier224@yahoo.com. 

INSURE TODAY to safeguard against the unforeseen. Please forward to all your friends and contacts.

InsuranceDirect2U...Quality Service Delivery "2U" Guaranteed.
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Collinsiweadi(m): 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
The E - Class don't use fuel. Solely operate using solar. Located at d top. Easy life
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by arabianights: 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
shiiiiiiiiiitttttt..........................too busy but i love it! God dey
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by kings49(m): 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nna cold wan kill me here. Smh
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by Ramon92: 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
Some Pastors will be contemplating on getting this machine and at the same time be preparing a sermon about vanity...
Re: Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class by florence15(f): 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Excellent...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Crushed To Death This Afternoon In Benin City (viewers Discretion Advised) / Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / You'll Never Forget To Use Your Seatbelt Even In The Back Seat After Seeing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.