Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) (13494 Views)

'This Is My First Time'; Kidnapper Arrested In Imo Reveals How Much He Got.Photo / Italian Kidnapper Arrested At Ogbe-Isoko In Delta State (Photo) / Kidnapper Arrested In Owerri After Withdrawing Ransom From Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by Islie: 7:15am On Oct 28, 2015
Detectives attached to the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a fake suspected kidnapper, who tried to swindle The Sun Newspapers Deputy Managing Director (DMD), Mr. Steve Nwosu, when his wife, Toyin, was kidnapped. The suspect, Odo Sebastian, 25, a graduate of Economics from Kogi State University, was said to have got Nwosu’s phone number from one of the national dailies and put a call across to him, claiming that his wife was in his custody. He demanded N100,000 from Nwosu if he wanted to have his wife back alive. Sebastian said: “The news about the kidnapped wife of The Sun DMD broke at a time when I desperately needed money.

The money was to pay for something in school. I cashed in on the situation to possibly extort money from him. I got Nwosu’s phone number from the back of the paper. I put a phone call across to him. I told him that I could assist to get the release of his wife. The man was so excited when I told him. He asked me how much he would send to me.
I told him to send only N100,000.” According to Sebastian, Nwosu told him that he had N2.5 million as a ransom for anybody who was ready to assist in locating and securing his wife’s release. He said: “When Nwosu mentioned that huge amount, I was shocked because I’d never received or touched such amount of money before.

Immediately I heard about the money, I told him to send the money to me. I waited endlessly. The following day, without receiving the money, I called him. But to my surprise, he told me he had sent the money to the real kidnappers. I stopped discussing with him. I was later arrested by the police who tracked me through my phone conversation.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/fake-kidnapper-arrested-trying-to-dupe-sun-deputy-managing-director/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by 4reala(m): 7:20am On Oct 28, 2015
Gud 4 u, shebi u wan play fast one tongue

FTC on course........ Abeg mak una dash me some like jawe, it isn't easy grin

13 Likes

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 28, 2015
Olodo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by permsec: 7:42am On Oct 28, 2015
U go tey for prison pass monkey! Criminale.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by jamex93(m): 7:48am On Oct 28, 2015
Lolx

The love of money

Na so e dey b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by damton(m): 9:50am On Oct 28, 2015
he jumped into another persons game and he was caught out. Sadly without getting a penny.

Moral of the story: don't take advantage of other persons effort.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by CR77(f): 9:50am On Oct 28, 2015
I was only interested in his name

3 Likes

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by emmygzy(m): 9:50am On Oct 28, 2015
okay na
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by Richie0974: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2015
Really? lol... Busted
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by ultrazone(m): 9:51am On Oct 28, 2015
Good
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by jimfend: 9:51am On Oct 28, 2015
fake kidnapper... Seriously?
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by 400billionman: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
The name again.

Odo from kogi state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by freshness2020: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
He is learning. Gud for him.

1 Like

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by Smartresult(f): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
Crimes everywhere, even Internet fraudsters are on rampagne,and are all over, they wanted to make money at all cost and have device several deceptive approaches to steal from people money. Here I am going to expose one of the tactics they use to lure their prey before finally causing damages to them.
They will start by finding your email contact, I don’t know how they come across it, either through whois looks up or whatever but they will tell they get your information through private search.
The next thing they send you an email that they are looking for an investment partner; they are under detention or house arrest, they inherited the wealth and they don’t know how to invest.
Some may send you a message claim
continue reading
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by tempest01(m): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
H
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by JayRise(m): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
Good for him. I don't know why some people find it hard to work legitimately for their income. After people will start lambasting Donald Trump for his comments on Nigerians. SMH

MUST READ
5 types of men every woman should avoid(love messages)
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
Na your first time no be so?
Theif! Ole! Carry Am Goooooo!
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by govou(m): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
What a shame !!!
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by Sijo01(f): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Penny wise, pounds foolish.

1 Like

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by tempest01(m): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Fake kidnapper...what's that?
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by Arise001: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Okay, next please
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by Austin4lif: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Buhari will sink this nation, even though there is no excuse for involving a crime, this vibrant youth would not have involved in it if he was gainfull employed. The level of crime is increasing everyday, why? No any policy to promote youth empowerment by the Buhari administration. GEJ U-win and sure P program was able to deliver lot of arm robbers and 419 guys. God bless GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by prigoz(m): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2015
Work of idle mind
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by tiswell(m): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2015
Genuine hustle pays genuinely...be genuine next time.
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by abtywo(m): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2015
See ur life. U no get another means of getting money crySee ur life. U no get another means of getting money
Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by williamsean(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2015
CR77:
Nairaland is gradually turning me to a tribalist Oo.

I was only interested in his names
my frd u are already a tribalist stop deceiving yourself. Mu.mu yolobat

3 Likes

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by tupacshakur(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2015
Austin4lif:
Buhari will sink this nation

Mad man!

2 Likes

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by 400billionman: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2015
The guy no smart..

At all

1 Like

Re: Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Which one is fake kidnapper kwa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hanifa’s Murder: Court To Pass Judgement On July 28 / Kidnappers Give 7 Doctors Kidnap Notice In Ekiti State / Illegal Immigrant From Togo Arrested In Imo By NSCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.