Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) (7424 Views)

Poll: Do you think he should be forgiven and let back to his parish ?

Yes: 77% (7 votes)
No: 22% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Nakeed Woman: Video Of A Suspected Witch Who Got Stuck On Church Roof / Pastor And Choir Mistress Caught Kissing After Night Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 12:10am On May 07, 2009
News reports on on the scandal of Alberto Cutie, the Catholic priest with movie-star good looks, who was caught on video kissing a handling a woman on Miami Beach. The scandal has rocked his parish, with his supporters expressing "shock and disbelief."

Read the full report from CBS News here.

-OR-

Watch a video report about the scandal from CNN below

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/06/alberto-cutie-caught-kiss_n_198195.html
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by tope5000: 12:12am On May 07, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
i guess body no be wood 4real cheesy
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 12:18am On May 07, 2009
Catholic priest have to recharge too. That is one thing I totally disagree with the catholic church.
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by tope5000: 12:20am On May 07, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Catholic priest have to recharge too. That is one thing I totally disagree with the catholic church.

they choose to become a priest. . . .nobody forced them. cheesy
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 12:27am On May 07, 2009
True and they humans too and sometimes we humans just can't surcome to temptations. That's why I think the church should stop that practice.

At least it was with a female this time and not a young boy cry
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Treetop20(m): 12:34am On May 07, 2009
cut him some slack . he is a human too
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Abuzola(m): 12:42am On May 07, 2009
Whats wrong in kissing and handling her ? or is she a married woman? does ur bible prohibit d mingling of male and chic
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 12:46am On May 07, 2009
who would blame him?

he is human with red blood running through his veins so he get those sexual urge too just like everyone
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 12:49am On May 07, 2009
After watching the whole scandal I feel so sorry for him, I pray he don't kill himself. sad
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 12:51am On May 07, 2009
OgidiBoy:

After watch the whole scandal I feel so sorry for him, I pray he don't kill himself. sad

kill himself ke?

u mean for him to get married.
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 2:48am On May 07, 2009
~Sissy~:

kill himself ke?

u mean for him to get married.

I don't see why he should not get married, times have changed. I'm sure God will forgive him.
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 2:52am On May 07, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I don't see why he should not get married, times have changed. I'm sure God will forgive him.

of course God will forgive after all he knows the weakness of the humans he created. In the video the man even stated that he wants to get married someday and start a family. so i guess this gives him the perfect opportunity to do so. though this will still not change the rules of the CC.
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by tpiah: 2:52am On May 07, 2009
wow that priest is hot.

People like that shouldnt be in the priesthood or else they should be allowed to marry.

The guy is too handsome abeg.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. He doesnt stand a chance- women would make a beeline for him.
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 2:54am On May 07, 2009
tpiah:

wow that priest is hot.

People like that shouldnt be in the priesthood or else they should be allowed to marry.

The guy is too handsome abeg.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. He doesnt stand a chance- women would make a beeline for him.

grin grin grin grin guess that's why the lady couldn't keep her eyes off him! he is kinda like a rock star they say!
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 2:56am On May 07, 2009
~Sissy~:

grin grin grin grin guess that's why the lady couldn't keep her eyes off him! he is kinda like a rock star they say!

Women too can be little devils, what woman knowing that this dude is a priest would be kissing in a public beach. Very sad
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by tpiah: 2:59am On May 07, 2009
its really not fair to make such a handsome and stunning man a celibate priest.

Imagine Mario Lopez joining the priesthood- same problem.

imagine!
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by FLGators1: 3:00am On May 07, 2009
Body no be firewood, my bwoi.

I don't blame him na. . . .the way some women dey dress to church sef grin grin
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 3:01am On May 07, 2009
I pray tpiah is not a catholic, we sure don't need you corrupting our innocent priests cry
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 3:02am On May 07, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Women too can be little devils, what woman knowing that this dude is a priest would be kissing in a public beach. Very sad

he too should have known better grin

@ tpia

you r funny, pple are more concerned abt the act he did, you r there talking about how handsome he is grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 3:04am On May 07, 2009
FL Gators!:

Body no be firewood, my bwoi.

I don't blame him na. . . .the way some women dey dress to church sef grin grin

That's why I can never life in Florida, too much temptations na wa. The first time I went to the beach out there I was  under water most of the time.
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by FLGators1: 3:05am On May 07, 2009
@Sissy

But how is this wrong?

So a priest can't toast a woman? How then do they get married? Or don't they? shocked

@Ogidi
Lmao, FL beaches during the summer is a NO NO if oyu're a priest. grin grin
We spend a whole year getting ready to look our best, ya know cheesy cheesy
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by tpiah: 3:09am On May 07, 2009
~Sissy~:

he too should have known better grin

@ tpia

you r funny, pple are more concerned abt the act he did, you r there talking about how handsome he is grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

its inevitable, imo. They should forgive him- after all some of the olden days popes had kids talkless sex.

He broke his vows but God is forgiveness and let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

To err is human, to forgive divine.

Gosh, some of these white Puerto Rican guys can make somebody miss road cheesy Them too fine!
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 3:12am On May 07, 2009
FL Gators!:

@Sissy

But how is this wrong?

So a priest can't toast a woman? How then do they get married? Or don't they? shocked

it is wrong because Chastity was one of the vows they took when they were being ordained. so as a human it is normal to have those feelings but as a priest he is expected to at least try to resist the temptations. but isn't always the case.

they dnt get married. however, in some instances some catholic priest have family and are still priest
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 3:16am On May 07, 2009
tpiah:

its inevitable, imo. They should forgive him- after all some of the olden days popes had kids talkless sex.

He broke his vows but God is forgiveness and let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

To err is human, to forgive divine.

Gosh, some of these white Puerto Rican guys can make somebody miss road cheesy Them too fine!

the church is probably going to send him away kind of in a secluded place in order for him to reflect on his sins and truly decide what he wants to do. either to leave , . or . .

it is definitely hard to resist the sight of a fine thing, i think God understands as long as he- the priest is truly sorry for his acts
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 3:16am On May 07, 2009
~Sissy~:

it is wrong because Chastity was one of the vows they took when they were being ordained. so as a human it is normal to have those feelings but as a priest he is expected to at least try to resist the temptations. but isn't always the case.

they dnt get married. however, in some instances some catholic priest have family and are still priest

Sissy abeg where did you see catholic priests with family shocked shocked shocked Maybe protestants but not catholics pls
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 3:18am On May 07, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Sissy abeg where did you see catholic priests with family shocked shocked shocked Maybe protestants but not catholics pls

they have one. protestants who priest have turned away from their churches and decided to be a catholic priest aresometimes allowed by the church. i have seen many of them.
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 3:21am On May 07, 2009
~Sissy~:

they have one. protestants who priest have turned away from their churches and decided to be a catholic priest aresometimes allowed by the church. i have seen many of them.

Any priest can go out and have a family and still claim to be a priest, but I don't think he can still be recognized as a priest by the Vatican.
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by tpiah: 3:22am On May 07, 2009
OgidiBoy:

there are some like that in central America.

There's another one in east or central Africa, though I think most times the priests leave the church after being exposed.

In these two instances I know of, they (the priests involved) started other Catholic churches which have been branded heretic or something by the main body.

OgidiBoy:

Any priest can go out and have a family and still claim to be a priest, but I don't think he can still be recognized as a priest by the Vatican.

true.
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by FLGators1: 3:26am On May 07, 2009
What instance can they have family and still be priests?

Unless they were married before taking the oath?
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 3:29am On May 07, 2009
OgidiBoy:

"Married priests already minister in the Catholic Church, both East and West. Addressing the married clergy of the Eastern Catholic churches, the Second Vatican Council exhorted “all those who have received the priesthood in the married state to persevere in their holy vocation and continue to devote their lives fully and generously to the flock entrusted to their care” (Decree on the Ministry and Life of Priests,” No. 16). That exhortation now applies to the more than 100 former Anglican priests and Lutheran ministers who have entered the Catholic Church, been ordained and now serve in the Latin rite. As we face the challenges of the priest shortage, some of the more than 16,000 permanent deacons in the United States, many of them married, who experience a call to priestly ministry might be called to ordination with a similarly adapted discipline. In addition, the views and desires of some of the more than 25,000 priests who have been laicized (and are now either single or married) should also be heard".

"But the Church seems to contradict its own rules by allowing married clergy from other Christian faiths to convert to the Catholic priesthood. Because of such sanctions, there are about 100 U.S. Catholic priests who are married."

i have seen many of these priest
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by Sissy3(f): 3:33am On May 07, 2009
Married Catholic Priest Ordained via Little-Known Exception

CAMARILLO, Calif. (AP) - The Rev. Bill Lowe was ordained as the first married priest in the Los Angeles Roman Catholic Archdiocese.

Lowe, who retired after 32 years as an Episcopal priest in Newton, Mass., was ordained Sunday by Cardinal Roger Mahony by way of a little-known pastoral provision allowing married clergy who have left the Episcopal Church to enter Catholic priesthood. The celibacy requirement is waived.

More than 70 men have used the 27-year-old provision to become Catholic priests in the United States. Church officials said Lowe was the first member of the Los Angeles Catholic Archdiocese to be so ordained, and Mahony said the action should be viewed as an exception, not an indication the church is looking to bring in more married priests.

Lowe, 68, has been married 44 years to his wife, Linda. The couple, who have lived in Camarillo for four years, have three adult children and five grandchildren.

More than 700 people were on hand to witness the father become a father at Padre Serra Parish in Camarillo.

"We don't know what God has in store for us, but we're up for the adventure," Lowe said of his calling to the priesthood.

Attention on the priest and his marriage was expected to fade as Lowe goes about the day-to-day work of being an associate pastor at Padre Serra and ministering to people's needs.

"I think it's a 10-day wonder we're looking at as far as the focus being on Linda," said the Rev. Jarlath Dolan, senior pastor at Padre Serra Parish. "And if the focus is on Linda, I can't think of a better person to handle it."

Dolan cautioned that the ordination was not an opened gate but an exception made possible because of the pastoral provision. But neither he nor Mahony excluded the possibility that the church may someday change its requirement and allow more married priests.

"The jury is certainly out on that one," Dolan said. "I think one day the church will see it. It may well be after our lifetime."

http://www.christianpost.com/church/General/2007/05/married-catholic-priest-ordained-via-little-known-exception-09/index.html
Re: Catholic Priest, Caught Kissing, handling Woman (video) by OgidiBoy(m): 3:36am On May 07, 2009
~Sissy~:

"Married priests already minister in the Catholic Church, both East and West. Addressing the married clergy of the Eastern Catholic churches, the Second Vatican Council exhorted “all those who have received the priesthood in the married state to persevere in their holy vocation and continue to devote their lives fully and generously to the flock entrusted to their care” (Decree on the Ministry and Life of Priests,” No. 16). That exhortation now applies to the more than 100 former Anglican priests and Lutheran ministers who have entered the Catholic Church, been ordained and now serve in the Latin rite. As we face the challenges of the priest shortage, some of the more than 16,000 permanent deacons in the United States, many of them married, who experience a call to priestly ministry might be called to ordination with a similarly adapted discipline. In addition, the views and desires of some of the more than 25,000 priests who have been laicized (and are now either single or married) should also be heard".

"But the Church seems to contradict its own rules by allowing married clergy from other Christian faiths to convert to the Catholic priesthood. Because of such sanctions, there are about 100 U.S. Catholic priests who are married."

i have seen many of these priest

Just amazing, I guess times are changing. Sad America is trying to change the catholic rules, just like they had that big thing not to long ago about women not being able to be catholic priests.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time / Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution / Atheism Is A False Belief, Evil And Dogmatic . Why Is It Being Propagated ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.