Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,756 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Religious Conditioning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Conditioning (1166 Views)

Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / Religious Conditioning And How It Is Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Conditioning by atheistandproud(m): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
Humans beings are simply conditioned creatures.
A group of scientists placed five monkeys in a cage and in the middle, a ladder with bananas on top.
Every time a monkey went up the ladder, the scientists soaked the rest of the monkeys in cold water. After a while, every time a monkey went up the ladder, the others beat up the one on the ladder.
After sometime, no monkey dared to go up the ladder regardless of the temptation.
The scientists then decided to substitute one of the monkeys. As expected, the first thing this new monkey did was go up the ladder. Immediately, the other monkeys beat him up. After several beatings, the new member learned not to climb the ladder even though he never knew why.
A second monkey was substituted and the same event (beating) occurred. The first monkey even participated in the beating of the second monkey.
A third monkey was changed and the same beating was repeated when he attempted to go for the bananas. The fourth was substituted and was beaten up too and finally the fifth monkey was replaced.
What was left was a group of five monkeys, that even though they never received a cold shower, continued to beat up any monkey that attempted to climb the ladder.
If it was possible to ask these set of monkeys why they would beat up all those who attempted to go up the ladder... I bet you the answer would be "I don't know. That's how things are done around here". Does it sound familiar?
Are we still trapped by conditions created by theological concepts of antiquity still being used in modernity? Isn't it time to change?
Change is hard, often resisted but inevitable. Nonetheless, atheism is just an awakened state and a good place to state change in my humble opinion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
The reasons behind atheism is pride, lack of understanding and laziness. You believe there is no God becos he does not show himself out there.
God works talk for himself, he has no need to show himself. You are an evidence of God's work, can you explain how you came to being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
Fadman4real:
The reasons behind atheism is pride, lack of understanding and laziness. You believe there is no God becos he does not show himself out there.
God works talk for himself, he has no need to show himself. You are an evidence of God's work, can you explain how you came to being.
The dept of your ignorance is you don't know how you came to being. Simple, Let not your ignorance be an excuse to believe in fairytales, fairytales are for kids.

4 Likes

Re: Religious Conditioning by atheistandproud(m): 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
Fadman4real:
. Who is being proud and arrogant between us two? God showed himself in the past, why doesn't he do it now? Who's being lazy here? Have you taken your time to fully digest the post? As a graduate of physiology, I can fully explain simple human embryology in one sentence. Sperm + ovum(in the uterus) = zygote = foetus = baby. Now how hard was that?

1 Like

Re: Religious Conditioning by Kaballist: 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
atheistandproud:
. Does it sound familiar?
Are we still trapped by conditions created by theological concepts of antiquity still being used in modernity? Isn't it time to change?
Change is hard, often resisted but inevitable. Nonetheless, atheism is just an awakened state and a good place to state change in my humble opinion.
? Why did you add this to this post, your reasoning would have being perfect
Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
aaronson:
The dept of your ignorance is you don't know how you came to being. Simple, Let not your ignorance be an excuse to believe in fairytales, fairytales are for kids.

How does the bible sound like a fairy tale to you, just because you were not there doesn't make it false. Were you dere when you where born how then are you sure you came into this world thru your mother, how are you sure your birthday is the exact day you were born.
Atheists point to the stories in the bible and say how can it be true, no single atheists has been able to prove that the prophesies in the bible didn't occur.
Or can you research one that didn't occur.
Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
atheistandproud:
. Who is being proud and arrogant between us two? God showed himself in the past, why doesn't he do it now? Who's being lazy here? Have you taken your time to fully digest the post? As a graduate of physiology, I can fully explain simple human embryology in one sentence. Sperm + ovum(in the uterus) = zygote = foetus = baby. Now how hard was that?

So from an organism as small as a sperm to a fully formed being and that is not a miracle. Can any scientist create a sperm out of nothing since it is easy. We can build anything with the resources of the earth but funny enough what we claim the earth created by itself is difficult to understand talkless of recreate it ourselves.
I love science cause it helps to make me appreciate God himself.
You claim God showed himself in the past and you want him to show himself again, before you belief him. He would do but then it would be too late for you, if you truly want to discover if there is God why not pray and ask him to reveal himself to you as you would ask of a father what do you have to lose read the bible asking him to guide you.
Don't let your pride destroy you before it is too late.
Re: Religious Conditioning by johnydon22(m): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
Fadman4real:

Wait let me get something straight here...

I think that i have many things to know and i strive to know them, i assert i do not know instead of assuming and i recognize my place with every other life form i share this planet with and i know this vast universe has a lot to teach.

But

You believe some God created the whole vast universe then came to a spec of dust called earth and created you more special then every other thing, you have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe and you think you are created to dominate every other life form in this planet to do with what you please because you think they were made for you.

And you say i am the one with pride? Seriously?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Conditioning by johnydon22(m): 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
Fadman4real:

How does the bible sound like a fairy tale to you, just because you were not there doesn't make it false.

Exactly the same way i recognize greek myths in Homers illiad are fairy tales because they wreak of outrageous implausible tales that has no substantiation what so ever..

That is exactly the same way i know the jewish myth is fairytale ....

Were you dere when you where born how then are you sure you came into this world thru your mother, how are you sure your birthday is the exact day you were born.

It is a known and observed fact that babies are born through that process, it can be easily observed anywhere anytime... it can be demonstrated and that makes it a known substantiated fact.

A simple DNA test and it can tell you whether your parents actually are your parents or not...

So i will be loving it if you can substantiate any of your bible tales by maybe a demonstration?

So i need you to divide river Niger....

Atheists point to the stories in the bible and say how can it be true, no single atheists has been able to prove that the prophesies in the bible didn't occur.

Same way nobody can prove Nostradamus's prophecy didn't occur or this prohecy i am going to state now..

I prophesy that two great rams will fight against each other and one will triumph...

You will see very soon two counties will go to war against each other and i will tell you that my prophecy of two great rams fighting just came to pass and you cannot disprove it didn't..

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Religious Conditioning by HCpaul(m): 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Exactly the same way i recognize greek myths in Homers illiad are fairy tales because they wreak of outrageous implausible tales that has no substantiation what so ever..

It is a known and observed fact that babies are born through that process, it can be easily observed anywhere anytime... it can be demonstrated and that makes it a known substantiated fact.

A simple DNA test and it can tell you whether your parents actually are your parents or not...

So i will be loving it if you can substantiate any of your bible tales by maybe a demonstration?

Same way nobody can prove Nostradamus's prophecy didn't occur or this prohecy i am going to state now..

I prophesy that two great rams will fight against each other and one will triumph...

You will see very soon two counties will go to war against each other and i will tell you that my prophecy of two great rams fighting just came to pass and you cannot disprove it didn't..

Brevo!
Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
Fadman4real:

How does the bible sound like a fairy tale to you, just because you were not there doesn't make it false. Were you dere when you where born how then are you sure you came into this world thru your mother, how are you sure your birthday is the exact day you were born.
Is this really coming from an adult or a kid?

Can you imagine a man been swallowed by a big fish and he stay I the stomach and survived before been vomited to a dry land.

A man built a large boat called an ark and put in it all the animals in the the world in twos and lion, tiger , elephant, bear etc of all wild life were all with human being in a ark.

C'mon, think out loud and don't let a 2years old swedish kid be smarter than you, just because you African don't mean you won't exercise your brain.

How can an atheist prove what happened in the bible when we take pleasure in disproving everything the bible claims. Again think, you brain is there to perform a role.

Honestly, A 2 years old swedish kid is a lot smarter than you if you can't think anti-religion which those kids do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Wait let me get something straight here...

I think that i have many things to know and i strive to know them, i assert i do not know instead of assuming and i recognize my place with every other life form i share this planet with and i know this vast universe has a lot to teach.

But

You believe some God created the whole vast universe then came to a spec of dust called earth and created you more special then every other thing, you have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe and you think you are created to dominate every other life form in this planet to do with what you please because you think they were made for you.

And you say i am the one with pride? Seriously?
Is dere any other creature that can compete with human beings in terms of intelligence, morality etc. If you feel there is no diff between you and an animal why is it that you do not behave like them. The world is perfect and dere is no error in it, when we human beings set out to create even a simple paper we know the amount of hard work we put to it. Pick the right trees, cut it etc. In order to make a simple piece of paper.
But yet you allow your pride to decieve you that the whole earth created itself and even complex beings like humans were created by a rock which kept changing.
The only way to know about God is by seeking for him with your true heart. Not by looking for physical evidence cause dey are all there for you to see. God is not a man and you can't compare the wisdom of an infinitely wise God with you his creation.
Atheists like you ask where is God, why does he let suffering to persist, why does he not just put us in a perfect world.
God is not man that changes, the bible says God never changes. This world is just like a market place, he has given us his word to prepare us for the perfect world he has created. He created us with free will to chose who we wish to worship, he wants us to worship him in love not as a robot, which is why he did not put us in a perfect world.

Note I am not asking you to just take my word but am asking you to ask him in your heart to help you discover him. There is a lot more to life than our physical being, we cannot describe the feeling of love, pain, suffering, peace etc. It doesn't mean that because I can't describe love therefore love doesn't exist, peace of mind also doesn't exist. You have no excuses before God on the judgement day, remove your pride and ask your father in heaven to reveal himself to you.
Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 11:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
aaronson:
Is this really coming from an adult or a kid?

Can you imagine a man been swallowed by a big fish and he stay I the stomach and survived before been vomited to a dry land.

A man built a large boat called an ark and put in it all the animals in the the world in twos and lion, tiger , elephant, bear etc of all wild life were all with human being in a ark.

C'mon, think out loud and don't let a 2years old swedish kid be smarter than you, just because you African don't mean you won't exercise your brain.

How can an atheist prove what happened in the bible when we take pleasure in disproving everything the bible claims. Again think, you brain is there to perform a role.

Honestly, A 2 years old swedish kid is a lot smarter than you if you can't think anti-religion which those kids do.
A man could not have built an ark to keep animals and prevent people from drowning but the earth and all the numerous fishes was created by a bang and a single cell which just came about by a series of lucky mixtures came to be and kept changing, picking which other cell to mix with and at which proportion. The complex structure which is our DNA just came to be by magic.

Wow, the biggest fairy tale is evolution which most atheists subscribe too. I sometimes wonder whether some of these atheists practice magic too. Cause I think if you just kept a rock under your bed within some years it should av develop to something great.

You claim I cannot exercise my brain like a two year old Swedish kid. Cause I belief in a supernatural being who created the world why you who is exercising your brain believes that a rock created you and your close relative is an ape.

Don't let your pride destroy you before it is too late, most of you atheists see live away from religion as a live of freedom but that is the greatest lie. I have come to understand that true freedom is not the ability to do anything you feel like but rather the ability to be free from doing the wrong thing, cause if we want true freedom then we would be free to kill, steal and do anything we wish to do cause that is part of freedom. The greatest freedom is a freedom to live a righteous live, a live devoid of sin.

You could either decide to find out about your creator yourself or jeep believing in scientific magic. And be waiting for one scientist to tell you that it was not just an ordinary rock but a special rock that comes once in a billion years that created you.
Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 11:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Just a question, have you ever read the bible and do you know anything about the man called Jesus Christ. The bible is not just a book of stories, but a book about a way of live. Try and pick the bible to learn about it because it seems the only part you read are the stories. Even atheists recognize how great Jesus Christ is, learn about him and I pray the spirit of God helps you to find true peace and freedom
Shalom
Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 29, 2015
Fadman4real:

A man could not have built an ark to keep animals and prevent people from drowning but the earth and all the numerous fishes was created by a bang and a single cell which just came about by a series of lucky mixtures came to be and kept changing, picking which other cell to mix with and at which proportion. The complex structure which is our DNA just came to be by magic.

Wow, the biggest fairy tale is evolution which most atheists subscribe too. I sometimes wonder whether some of these atheists practice magic too. Cause I think if you just kept a rock under your bed within some years it should av develop to something great.

You claim I cannot exercise my brain like a two year old Swedish kid. Cause I belief in a supernatural being who created the world why you who is exercising your brain believes that a rock created you and your close relative is an ape.

Don't let your pride destroy you before it is too late, most of you atheists see live away from religion as a live of freedom but that is the greatest lie. I have come to understand that true freedom is not the ability to do anything you feel like but rather the ability to be free from doing the wrong thing, cause if we want true freedom then we would be free to kill, steal and do anything we wish to do cause that is part of freedom. The greatest freedom is a freedom to live a righteous live, a live devoid of sin.

You could either decide to find out about your creator yourself or jeep believing in scientific magic. And be waiting for one scientist to tell you that it was not just an ordinary rock but a special rock that comes once in a billion years that created you.

This is no intelligent comment at all. Did you say true freedom is freedom from doing what is wrong? True freedom is absolute freedom to do wrong or right. Then after that you become aware of the results of doing things the wrong way and thereby adjust to a balanced frequency.

Science is a collective knowledge that comes from several detailed researches made. Science doesn't make blind conclusion when the meaning behind phenomenal events are unknown. But so far 90% of things normally attributed to a god have been found out to be as a result of nature or gases colliding with each other.

Science doesn't want "belief." It's a method for finding verifiable facts about the universe by evidence, observation, and experiment. It wants study and knowledge and reasoning, not "belief."

So far science has discovered that the earth and moon are a results of collusion of two dwarf planets orbiting the newborn sun 4,537 million years ago. Science have a way of reading the age of item by concrete study of the remain of molten rocks on the surface of the planet.

Forget the Noah's story,it didn't happen. Evolution is a gradual process and many organism have perished due to the hard force of nature. Its all a case of survival for the fittest on here. Gradually man became intelligent and it was a painful slow process that took millions of years. It started from making fire,bow and arrows to hunt,hurts to protect themselves from the cold and sunshine. Same can be applied to animals.

Meanwhile religion requires belief because it has no verifiable facts about the universe. Science doesn't require you to believe in science. For example, it doesn't matter if you believe that the Earth revolves on its axis. The Earth will still revolve. Religion demands total belief, otherwise, it doesn't exist

God(red cup) loves everyone and if you don't love him back =hell fire....how logical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 7:09am On Oct 29, 2015
ifeness:

This is no intelligent comment at all. Did you say true freedom is freedom from doing what is wrong? True freedom is absolute freedom to do wrong or right. Then after that you become aware of the results of doing things the wrong way and thereby adjust to a balanced frequency.

Science is a collective knowledge that comes from several detailed researches made. Science doesn't make blind conclusion when the meaning behind phenomenal events are unknown. But so far 90% of things normally attributed to a god have been found out to be as a result of nature or gases colliding with each other.

Science doesn't want "belief." It's a method for finding verifiable facts about the universe by evidence, observation, and experiment. It wants study and knowledge and reasoning, not "belief."

So far science has discovered that the earth and moon are a results of collusion of two dwarf planets orbiting the newborn sun 4,537 million years ago. Science have a way of reading the age of item by concrete study of the remain of molten rocks on the surface of the planet.

Forget the Noah's story,it didn't happen. Evolution is a gradual process and many organism have perished due to the hard force of nature. Its all a case of survival for the fittest on here. Gradually man became intelligent and it was a painful slow process that took millions of years. It started from making fire,bow and arrows to hunt,hurts to protect themselves from the cold and sunshine. Same can be applied to animals.

Meanwhile religion requires belief because it has no verifiable facts about the universe. Science doesn't require you to believe in science. For example, it doesn't matter if you believe that the Earth revolves on its axis. The Earth will still revolve. Religion demands total belief, otherwise, it doesn't exist

God(red cup) loves everyone and if you don't love him back =hell fire....how logical

So you mean true freedom would be for me to start killing or raping. Since I am free to choose what I want to do, the police should not exist in your world since we all want true freedom.
Your explanation about the formation of the earth shows that is just a theory of how the earth was formed. There have been many theories and they keep changing everytime. Let me explain a particular concept about big bang to you. At the point of the big bang everything that needed to be formed was formed i.e. air, water, minerals, gravity etc. At that instant. The probability of that is extremely infinitesimal, which means that big bang would have been occurring every hour for over 100 million years.
The probability has calculated by a matgematician is 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
That shows that there must av been a powerful lucky charm or just plain magic.
Your point of humans growing intelligent is just funny, how come plants and other animals do not grow intelligent, if evolution and big bang were true, star wars would be true, we would have seen aliens, we should av also steeped our intelligence up probably started flying by now.
Apes gave birth to homo habilis, homo habilis gave birth to homo erectus, homo erectus gave birth to you. Apes are alive today, homo habilis and erectus are convinently absent today. Nature just decided there weren't worth the effort, evolution is the greatest fiction story ever told.
You can keep looking for science to explain how a rock and series of accidents created you or rather come to your creator in your heart and ask him to visit you in an humble manner
Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Fadman4real:

Exactly what have been writing about, Ignorance, your ignorance would last you a life time.

Mixing up the ark fairytales plus the bang theory.

Another dept of your everlasting ignorance is claiming rock is a feature of the bigbang theory. But you managed to get that fact that the ape is closely related to human but ruined it all in disbelieving in it.

Glad you admit being delude and a 2 years old swedish kid is more sophisticated and broad in thinking than you.

To confirm my hypothesis of you being ignorant, you actually wrote something like scientific magic. Are you for real? So going to hospital to get prognosis, diagnosis and treatment are all magic process. We shall ever remain a third world nation because of people like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=aaronson post=39471883] Exactly what have been writing about, Ignorance, your ignorance would last you a life time.

Mixing up the ark fairytales plus the bang theory.

Another dept of your everlasting ignorance is claiming rock is a feature of the bigbang theory. But you managed to get that fact that the ape is closely related to human but ruined it all in disbelieving in it.

Glad you admit being delude and a 2 years old swedish kid is more sophisticated and broad in thinking than you.

To confirm my hypothesis of you being ignorant, you actually wrote something like scientific magic. Are you for real? So going to hospital to get prognosis, diagnosis and treatment are all magic process. We shall ever remain a third world nation because of people like you.

You claim to be more sophisticated than me, and yet claim to belief an ape gave birth to you. Aw do you compare a ape to you as a human being, apart from some physical attributes like skeletal and muscular system.

What about the attributes that differentiate a human from animals, such as intelligence, peace, love, haterd, anger etc. How did we achieve DAT, after a long time apes drank or ate some strange leaf that had some enzymes containing the DNA code for love and feelings. What rubbish ideology, your pride won't make you to realize your folly in not believing in God.
You claim not to belief how come you do plan for your future why not live your life like an animal live for the day alone. Cause you can't prove you would be alive the next second, it is simply because you belief that you would see tomorrow which is why you plan for your future. Yet scientists don't belief, there is no significant proof of aliens yet you spend billions searching for them.

The bible is the complete truth, you talk this way because you av not searched the scriptures to discover like some atheist who later gave their lives yo Christ like C.S. Lewis, even Eistien believed in a supernatural being.
Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=Fadman4real post=39476246][/quote] I give up on you, the moment I read this, "ape gave birth to me", I would be another version of an empty brain like you if I keep this conversation going.

1 Like

Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2015
aaronson:
I give up on you, the moment I read this, "ape gave birth to me", I would be another version of an empty brain like you if I keep this conversation going.

So aw do you explain your generation since you believe your generation evolved from that of an ape and a ape could be traced back to a shell fish.

How would you explain evolution, I would love to know
Re: Religious Conditioning by atheistandproud(m): 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
First of all, my friend, you clearly have no idea about what evolution entails. So please do not make a fool of yourself. Secondly, do not derail my thread. If you do not know what conditioning means or cannot comment on it, then geroff my thread. Thank you.
Re: Religious Conditioning by atheistandproud(m): 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
To make this easy, conditioning is also known as indoctrination.
Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
Could it be said that you are also being conditioned to be an atheist.
Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 30, 2015
cc gatiano..... Boring in here.

Gatiano pls come and add something funny here, plss...

cheesy cheesy
Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 30, 2015
Fadman4real:

Good question there....

Oya johnydon22, come answer
Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 30, 2015
atheistandproud:
To make this easy, conditioning is also known as indoctrination.

Not particularly true.
Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 30, 2015
Bottom line is that. AFRICANS ARE IN BOX. They can't think outside that small box they gladly threw themselves in.

Even if Jesus is a Great man as the bible claims, how's that a black man's business?

What has a black atheists impacted to Africans? They just want their shallow mindset to be validated by confused people so they can be at least happy for sometime. Natural sadistic people.

Our mental capacity is so limited to what has been done and what can be seen. No one bothers to think outside the box.

Make una continue.
Re: Religious Conditioning by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 30, 2015
Fadman4real:
No it can't be said. I'm guessing you'll want to know my reasons now.
Well, firstly, there are no laws to do this or do that or else I'll end up in an everlasting fire. Then, as much as I hate it, I feel more relaxed about making mistakes without having to look over my shoulder all the time. The truth is, in Christianity, we're being conditioned about everything, maybe your Pastor is great and makes it fun for you. But where I grew up, I felt choked and pressured into accepting what I didn't even understand. You had to speak in tongues or else they'll claim you have secret sins, you can't be seen with a boy because it'll become another issue entirely, nobody cared if your parents don't let you leave the house, not coming for rehearsals meant you were not serious, my mum doesn't care if I'm dying in pains, it's always pray to God for healing. You guys can't even agree on one thing, just see how many different domains of churches we have. Atheists will forever show more support, love and understanding towards one another more than any church would. And that's what people need instead of blasting of why they haven't been paying their tithes.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Conditioning by Fadman4real(m): 10:28am On Oct 31, 2015
JustTara:
No it can't be said. I'm guessing you'll want to know my reasons now.
Well, firstly, there are no laws to do this or do that or else I'll end up in an everlasting fire. Then, as much as I hate it, I feel more relaxed about making mistakes without having to look over my shoulder all the time.
The truth is there are laws we obey such as do not steal, kill, maim, rape that helps to be a good citizen, it is said a country without laws is a country without crimes. The laws in the bible are to help us to live a good live like our father in heaven, Jesus christ made it very simple when he said the two most important laws are Love your God and Love your neighbour as yourself Mark 12:31.
The laws in the bible are to make us to live a righteous live and a live of peace, if you love your neighbour you would not steal from him, kill him etc. Same if you love God you would pray to him read your bible etc. We are human beings and could make mistake which was why in the bible Jesus said Father Lord forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us as we forgive those who sin against us. Mathew 6:12.
Here God recognizes the fact that we are humans, i.e. made of flesh so we could commit sin because of this, which is why we have to keep entreating God for help to overcome this part of life. This is the most important prayer we make to God everyday as to give us the strength to overcome sin, it is usually gradually cause the God we serve is not a magician, we overcome our temptations by reading the bible, no one is born perfect but by the grace of God we begin to grow and become perfect.

JustTara:
The truth is, in Christianity, we're being conditioned about everything, maybe your Pastor is great and makes it fun for you. But where I grew up, I felt choked and pressured into accepting what I didn't even understand. You had to speak in tongues or else they'll claim you have secret sins, you can't be seen with a boy because it'll become another issue entirely, nobody cared if your parents don't let you leave the house, not coming for rehearsals meant you were not serious, my mum doesn't care if I'm dying in pains, it's always pray to God for healing.

There is a verse in the bible that says we should look up to Jesus as our author and finisher of our faith and no one else Heb 12:2. One thing that made me to love God and to want to worship him was Jesus Christ, if you read about him you would want to have him as a friend, there was a story in the bible of when they brought an alduterous woman to be stonned, he simply told them that the first sinless person should cast the first stone. Jesus christ ate at the homes of sinners and he was found in the company of sinners, his message was to love the sinners in other to win them to God in an era when they were stoning people for small offences. The only guideline to judge christianity is Jesus Christ, It would be wrong to say because a pastor rapes someone that makes christianity a bad religion and a bad group of people. Hitler was most likely an atheist, It would be wrong for me to start seeing all atheists as Hitler, wouldnt it, I would advise you to forget about every christian and try to gain more knowledge about Jesus Christ by reading and researching about him. I pray God would open your eyes to the truth.

JustTara:
You guys can't even agree on one thing, just see how many different domains of churches we have. Atheists will forever show more support, love and understanding towards one another more than any church would. And that's what people need instead of blasting of why they haven't been paying their tithes.

Christianity is more than just going to church, we ourselves are the church, the reason behind going to church is to fellowship with fellow christians to grow our faith more and more. Atheists and moralists could show you more love and understanding more than any church would but they can never love you more than Jesus or even as much as Jesus Christ did. Just take a deep breath and imagine what Jesus went through to save our souls he was beaten, cursed, humilated and gave his life just for us. He promised to forgive us of every unimaginable sin that we could do.
You would agree with me that even among atheists we would have humans that have quentionable attitude, the same with the so called christians of today. Jesus christ once said that because of the attitude of the believers in his time many unbelievers did not believe in God. I would advice as i said earlier the only person you should look up to and gain knowledge about is Jesus Christ no one else.
You are a knowledgeable person, in the arguements I have been looking at by atheists, I am yet to see an article saying something wrong about Jesus.
About the tithe issue, did you read the story in the bible when Jesus came and overturned all the people in the church selling their wares that the house of God is not a market place. John 2:16.
If you have any more questions about christianity and any positive arguements you would like to discuss with me this is my BBM pin 590B8400

Shalom

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of The Human Thought / Meet A Yoruba King That Memorized The Holy Qura'an / Pokémon Go Is DEMONIC!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.