Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

The Fear Of A Corp Member - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Fear Of A Corp Member (20695 Views)

Earning As A Corp Member / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by cc150615(f): 7:27am On Oct 30, 2015
Op, im still wondering if you've been restricting ur thread views on nl o, so you've not been seeing threads of particular coy recruitment nd ppl dt say dy got the offer in the end, or thread ppl open just to share how they got that dream job without any connection
Anyway without talking too much,u shd just keep visiting this section nd hotnigerian jobs, pack your CV well or let someone do that for u if you're not sure of ur ability...
Most importantly, the time to start applying for jobs is now,if you've not started yet, apply for every single opening you see that is legit nd let notin deter you, brace ursef for aptitude tests with all the gmat nd shl materials u can lay ur hands on, nd please start boosting ur self confidence by ursef cos you'll need it wen the interviews start flooding in...
Having done all to get a job, keep trusting God nd never stop following Him, nd ur dream job is just waiting for u....like David rightly said please don't restrict ursef to ur field, just look out for good jobs, some of us now understand better than insisting on ur field...
I'm passionate to see u succeed....
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 7:54am On Oct 30, 2015
cc150615:
Op, im still wondering if you've been restricting ur thread views on nl o, so you've not been seeing threads of particular coy recruitment nd ppl dt say dy got the offer in the end, or thread ppl open just to share how they got that dream job without any connection
Anyway without talking too much,u shd just keep visiting this section nd hotnigerian jobs, pack your CV well or let someone do that for u if you're not sure of ur ability...
Most importantly, the time to start applying for jobs is now,if you've not started yet, apply for every single opening you see that is legit nd let notin deter you, brace ursef for aptitude tests with all the gmat nd shl materials u can lay ur hands on, nd please start boosting ur self confidence by ursef cos you'll need it wen the interviews start flooding in...
Having done all to get a job, keep trusting God nd never stop following Him, nd ur dream job is just waiting for u....like David rightly said please don't restrict ursef to ur field, just look out for good jobs, some of us now understand better than insisting on ur field...
I'm passionate to see u succeed....

waoooo.
Thats a nice piece.
Thanks bro
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by VickyRotex(f): 8:14am On Oct 30, 2015
laykhorn:

nobody expects it to be all rosy from the onset. I want something that could grow with time to become a brand. Those business are already 'over overcrowded' in the Nigerian scene (Pun Intended).
I said little or no supervision because it wont be fulltime so I could focus on some other things too.
Dry Cleaning... Nobody said it cant earn you something, that machine is fast becoming ubiqutous no thanks to LG and Sharp washing machines that both go for less than 27K. Soon you will be forced out of business. If you're thinking Long term that will grow to become a global thing, Its def not for you.
These businesses are enough to sustain just you, not a family, it wont even serve the fleet of cars I see in my dreams. grin
What Business do you do?

Alright I understand you.

But I still insist, if you want something to grow to become a brand, you need to start somewhere.

You know one thing about businesses? You don't have to base it on it's popularity. Identify a certain community needs, and burst in. That's it!

As popular as dry cleaning business has become, there are still places with such needs. Am I right?

Just citing an example here. Same with several other businesses we don't count as useful.

You won't be forced out of a business, unless you chose to be forced out.

Also, remember we're talking about 100k or less business here. So options might be a bit limited, but not entirely.

To become an Entrepreneur, one needs to think deeply. Do something different to stand out. Dare to be different! Not by doing an entirely different business, but by packaging differently.

For example,

If other people are dry cleaning with a particular detergent, and it doesn't make the wears look good, you find a different approach. Make yours distinct.

It's like the popular saying "Difference between Bottle water and Sachet water na packaging"

I know people with some of these businesses you mentioned and they're doing good with their family.

Besides, no one said it has to be monopoly of business. You can always venture into various businesses, as long as you're sure you're meeting a required need.

I have more than one and I work. How do I cope? It's just all about balancing.

To mention few, I'm into hire purchase, and I make bags and shoes.

PS: You can acquire those fleets of cars you see in your dream if you start from somewhere. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by laykhorn(m): 8:30am On Oct 30, 2015
VickyRotex:

Alright I understand you.

But I still insist, if you want something to grow to become a brand, you need to start somewhere.

You know one thing about businesses? You don't have to base it on it's popularity. Identify a certain community needs, and burst in. That's it!

As popular as dry cleaning business has become, there are still places with such needs. Am I right?

Just citing an example here. Same with several other businesses we don't count as useful.

You won't be forced out of a business, unless you chose to be forced out.

Also, remember we're talking about 100k or less business here. So options might be a bit limited, but not entirely.

To become an Entrepreneur, one needs to think deeply. Do something different to stand out. Dare to be different! Not by doing an entirely different business, but by packaging differently.

For example,

If other people are dry cleaning with a particular detergent, and it doesn't make the wears look good, you find a different approach. Make yours distinct.

It's like the popular saying "Difference between Bottle water and Sachet water na packaging"

I know people with some of these businesses you mentioned and they're doing good with their family.

Besides, no one said it has to be monopoly of business. You can always venture into various businesses, as long as you're sure you're meeting a required need.

I have more than one and I work. How do I cope? It's just all about balancing.

To mention few, I'm into hire purchase, and I make bags and shoes.

PS: You can acquire those fleets of cars you see in your dream if you start from somewhere. smiley
You made some valid points. I cant counter your points. I'd love to delve into business and I can raise as much as 3times that amount but I wont have the time to supervise it too. I'm a student, freelance developer and Lead Developer in a startup about to launch. What business would you recommend? I love Precision and Details
Re: The Fear Of A Corp Member by VickyRotex(f): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2015
laykhorn:

You made some valid points. I cant counter your points. I'd love to delve into business and I can raise as much as 3times that amount but I wont have the time to supervise it too. I'm a student, freelance developer and Lead Developer in a startup about to launch. What business would you recommend? I love Precision and Details

Like I stated earlier,"Identify a certain community needs, and burst in"

I don't know your environment. I don't know the needs that ought to be met.

I'm not really good at proposing business ideas.

Nonetheless, I'll propose a dry cleaning business with a hand to help for a start. Especially a friend you can count on, as no one's to be trusted anyways.

With that you'll still have enough capital left to delve into another business.

You can add cyber cafe, Printing and photocopy business to it. You dont need much capital to begin that aswel. With the recent cheap rates of getting data bundle, lots of young guys are making money via this means.

Even if you chose to begin with the normal 4.5GB for 2,500 one gets from service providers, and you decide to make people surf the Net with 100Naira for 50MB, or 100MB."Just an example" Calculate the profit. Yea, I've seen people do it these days.
I'm sure you understand how that works. I don't really know much about how that works.

And I understand there are people who get these bundles at little or no cost. (Ain't in support of wayo though undecided)

I'd have proposed hire purchase, but with the recent disappointments, I don't think it's wise to put in large amount of money with no other means of income, considering the amount you stated.

However, all these businesses stated, got its hazards. But tell me, is there any risk-free business? They just differ.

Above all, it's left for you decide the one that suits you. There are still various businesses out there, that you may want to consider.

After earning as much as you desire to have your desired business brand, you can then chose to venture into it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. / Houses to let For Corp members In Ibadan / NYSC : 20 Corps Members Withdrawn Over Cult Attacks In Bayelsa Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.