Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest (32048 Views)

CBN New Forex Policy Fails To Excite Foreign Investors / "Made In Aba" Shoes Ready For Export (pics) / External Reserves Drop To $27.85bn As Foreign Investors Repatriate $30.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Etizz: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2015
Even if am not an igbo, I sincerely like them, they are creative, weather real or fake.....

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Ijaya123: 10:20am On Oct 29, 2015
cyberdurable:

Same way ewedu embarrassed me the 1st day I ate it... My belle run sotey lipsrsealed

You probably need to deworm so your stomach can benefit from quality delicacies.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 29, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
Tribalism and fear of Igbo domination won't let the Federal Govt invest on these young talented men. Investors all the way frm brazil , yet the Nigerian govt would rather apt at over-taxing them rather than investing on them. Tribalism is the problem of Nigeria, and the only solution is break up , so each group of pple can sought their path and achieve their peak potential.

The entity Nigeria is all about oil and nothing more. Resourceful Talents that can enrich and give relevance to a country is wasting in Nigeria. That is what you get in a country were several nations are jam park together and the only thing that bind them together is oil . One Nigeria is doom
What makes you think all will be well if Igbos are given Biafra, no be the same corrupt leaders like allison Madueke
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by ril19(m): 10:26am On Oct 29, 2015
sanbells:
Aba shoes will always be aba shoes. They never last up to two months. Trust me

You're Still Stuck In The Old World Biatch!
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by norame(f): 10:27am On Oct 29, 2015
This is awesome...

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by repogirl(f): 10:29am On Oct 29, 2015
Great News...while some people wan die on top oil wey no even be dia own! tongue
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by fireforfire: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2015
sanbells:
bad belle we dnt trust u
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2015
simpleseyi:

Three SSA on so called investment alone. That means you can buy a textbook on Geo, buy another textbook on Gra and another textbook on Phy . Does anyone wonder why the country is backward? The last governor of Abia state was a disaster, I hope this current one will not sell the state to Cameroonian bunkers.

Nigeria - Abia what the shii are you saying? Nigeria backward because Abia is a disaster?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Angelovic96: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2015
condralbede:
It depends on d quality u bought,just like China product, I hv this Aba shoe that I hv used for d past 3years.

ABA shoes i bought when i was in 300 level served me till i finished my final year and is still with me some thought it was very expensive
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 29, 2015
Etizz:
Even if am not an igbo, I sincerely like them, they are creative, weather real or fake.....

One bottle of Hero for you

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Angelovic96: 10:57am On Oct 29, 2015
condralbede:
It depends on d quality u bought,just like China product, I hv this Aba shoe that I hv used for d past 3years.

ABA shoes i bought when i was in 300 level served me till i finished school and is still with me some thought it was very expensive

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Blackfire(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2015
chubbygal:

Is your pu**y more quality than Aba shoes? Brainless and visionless girl.quote me and let the war begin

chai if i say i love u.... Girl is this your comment... Damn u get razor blade mouth.
I will rather be your supporter than enemy.

** ok i ve this aba made customised slippers, people keep asking me 'blackfire where can i get this footwear' .. But when i tell them is locally made, they doubt me.

Since last year i ve been wearing it anyhow, the thing no wan spoil

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by IGBOSON1: 10:59am On Oct 29, 2015
Segunjosegs:
lol aba shoes they have a way of disappointing you when you need them most I stopped buying or using them since primary school days

^^^What's the point of this bad-belle post?

The point of the thread is that investments are coming that'll assist the shoe making industry in Aba in areas they're lacking in and help them become a true global player!

If they've achieved what they've achieved thus far with little or no support from the useless state and federal gov'ts, then it stands to reason that their products will become even better and more durable with the planned incoming investment!

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Okeikpu(m): 11:00am On Oct 29, 2015
obum88:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/made-in-aba-shoes-go-global-as-foreign-investors-show-interest/
Why not attach some of the pictures of our products.... Oya go nd do it now grin
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Guyman02: 11:01am On Oct 29, 2015
sanbells:

Go to Abuja and ask any banker or worker, the most attractive SUITS are those made in Aba. I have not seen of recent any Wedding suit that is finer than those made by Aba merchants.
Many of the cheap Chinese leather shoes you buy in the market comes from Aba, they just add made in abroad label
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by cyberdurable(m): 11:02am On Oct 29, 2015
Weselion:
Must you be like this...
leave my mention biko
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Okeikpu(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2015
400billionman:
Give South East a Wharf...

Akwa Ibom should construct a deep sea wharf..

Not International stadium and other frivolities..
Don't mind those mentally demented f00ls that represents the SE all ds wasteful hrs as One Zoogeria.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by dacovajnr: 11:11am On Oct 29, 2015
Macelliot:

You might be wearing an Aba made jean or polo and you wouldn't know...
Infact I have aba made Nike airmax n Versace..I swear you won't be able to differentiate btw Original and fake...
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by DrChukzy(m): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2015
I rep Abia State...Aba is the Italy of Nigeria....Thumbs up to my Aba guys. May God bless una hustle.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Captain001(m): 11:13am On Oct 29, 2015
mrvitalis:
This is why I plan to set up my pig farm and processing plants close to ABA....... So we can supply the cluster with cheap high quality pig leathers.. .. ...

you may have just sold a business idea FOC.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Okeikpu(m): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2015
blesoh:

madam nt all,personally i dont like d stuffs because of wat pple say,a frnd convinced me to buy a slippers @ #1600 last yr am still using it till date,d one i used 3500 to buy to dem italy product just ds yr has since been dump in d waste bin,but wat i cant buy its their tops,u ll see it everywhere.lol
If it ws made in Eweduland u will neva see such a s2upid comments from them.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Onegai(f): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Before we all start celebrating, calm down and hear this: THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST OPTION FOR ABA'S SHOE INDUSTRY.

The Chinese and Lebanese and Italians did the same thing: they came to. Nigeria and marvelled. at how skilled your wood workers were in furniture making using local tools. But instead of investing in the business, they simply set up their own factories, hired those carpenters, put their people in places of authority over them and sold the finished products through shop fronts in major cities (with themselves as the face of the business). The carpenters who didn't join them are now struggling to sustain themselves since they are losing customers.

Instead of creating local businesses, we now have Chinese and Lebanese companies (who remit most of their profits back home) in Nigeria. Nigerian businesses are dying but foreign-owned businesses are growing at their expense. Innoson will be sacrificed for Peugeot assembly plant, Ebeano Supermarkets Ltd will die but Shoprite will flourish. Instead of more wealthy local businesses, you will have middle-class people who don't own their businesses, but inflation will keep rising. Because though their goods are made in Nigeria, they're not still cheap.

For any country or area to grow, it must be protected from. outside businesses and local content be encouraged. People who live in the area will more readily develop it than someone making a profit from the area but not emotionally invested in it. Look at every country success story: not one was developed by Foreign Investment.

If I was the chairman of the Aba Shoe Industry, I would thank these Brazilians and ask for equipment and technology and training in exchange for 40% of the profits for a set number of years. Protect your business, or better yet, send enough Igbo guys to Brazil and Turkey and India and Asia to study and only collect money from the Brazilians to buy the equipment and repay back with interest.

Handing over their industry to foreigners is making themselves employees and middlemen when they should have been entrepreneurs and wealthy.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by gudluckgreat(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2015
sanbells:

Wrong! Trust me u have not seen the peak in quality of Aba Shoes...
There's a shoe i will show u and u can take an Oath that It Is italian.

Go to Aba give anyone there 5000 to make a shoe for u there and then...a shoe of that Price will be made.

If u get 500 kwa... Them go do 500 Own give u..
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by mrvitalis(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2015
Captain001:

I don't hide my ideas... I can give u more for free if u want
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by mrvitalis(m): 11:23am On Oct 29, 2015
Captain001:

I need partners so if u are interested hit me up
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by basilo101: 11:24am On Oct 29, 2015
Weselion:
What makes you think all will be well if Igbos are given Biafra, no be the same corrupt leaders like allison Madueke
its the system in zoo that corrupt ppl, nobody has corruption in his/her gene.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by odehman: 11:25am On Oct 29, 2015
Finally... I have waited so long for this come.. This guys are just to good to be ignored. Thank you to everyone who led the Brazilian delegates there.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nadoson1(m): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2015
sanbells:

pls say what you are sure of, i can stand to tell you and us that 85% of we make use of as foreign are purely done in Aba, start from your head to your toes are purely Aba made. maybe you've been buying shoes of #250
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nadoson1(m): 11:29am On Oct 29, 2015
sanbells:

pls say what you are sure of, i can stand to tell you and us that 85% of we make use of as foreign are purely done in Aba, start from your head to your toes are purely Aba made. maybe you've been buying shoes of #250[b]
sanbells:

pls say what you are sure of, i can stand to tell you and us that 85% of we make use of as foreign are purely done in Aba, start from your head to your toes are purely Aba made. maybe you've been buying shoes of #250[/b]
sanbells:

pls say what you are sure of, i can stand to tell you and us that 85% of we make use of as foreign are purely done in Aba, start from your head to your toes are purely Aba made. maybe you've been buying shoes of #250
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by basilo101: 11:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Onegai:
Before we all start celebrating, calm down and hear this: THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST OPTION FOR ABA'S SHOE INDUSTRY.

The Chinese and Lebanese and Italians did the same thing: they came to. Nigeria and marvelled. at how skilled your wood workers were in furniture making using local tools. But instead of investing in the business, they simply set up their own factories, hired those carpenters, put their people in places of authority over them and sold the finished products through shop fronts in major cities (with themselves as the face of the business). The carpenters who didn't join them are now struggling to sustain themselves since they are losing customers.

Instead of creating local businesses, we now have Chinese and Lebanese companies (who remit most of their profits back home) in Nigeria. Nigerian businesses are dying but foreign-owned businesses are growing at their expense. Innoson will be sacrificed for Peugeot assembly plant, Ebeano Supermarkets Ltd will die but Shoprite will flourish. Instead of more wealthy local businesses, you will have middle-class people who don't own their businesses, but inflation will keep rising. Because though their goods are made in Nigeria, they're not still cheap.

For any country or area to grow, it must be protected from. outside businesses and local content be encouraged. People who live in the area will more readily develop it than someone making a profit from the area but not emotionally invested in it. Look at every country success story: not one was developed by Foreign Investment.

If I was the chairman of the Aba Shoe Industry, I would thank these Brazilians and ask for equipment and technology and training in exchange for 40% of the profits for a set number of years. Protect your business, or better yet, send enough Igbo guys to Brazil and Turkey and India and Asia to study and only collect money from the Brazilians to buy the equipment and repay back with interest.

Handing over their industry to foreigners is making themselves employees and middlemen when they should have been entrepreneurs and wealthy.
the bolded is why i keep laughing at yoruba ppl, i am not quite sure wheather they they understand the true meaning of development.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by fairheven: 11:33am On Oct 29, 2015
grin
blesoh:

madam nt all,personally i dont like d stuffs because of wat pple say,a frnd convinced me to buy a slippers @ #1600 last yr am still using it till date,d one i used 3500 to buy to dem italy product just ds yr has since been dump in d waste bin,but wat i cant buy its their tops,u ll see it everywhere.lol

lol. the tops are for "community empowerment programs ". the moment you step outside your door,you will surely see your "neighbor "wearing one,by the time you open the gate, the" neighborhood "are involved as well. cheesy
blesoh:

lol. the tops are for "community empowerment programs ". the moment you step outside your door,you will surely see your "neighbor "wearing one,by the time you open the gate, the" neighborhood "are involved as well.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by crowther15(m): 11:34am On Oct 29, 2015
donttouch:
Aba shoes: Saving lives since the days of Noah.
chaiiiiiiiii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano / Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.