Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction (32033 Views)

Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Folorunso Alakija Meets With TD Jakes At House On The Rock (Photos) / Folorunso Alakija As A 7-Year-Old In 1951 With Her Sister (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Brika: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
Founder of Rose of Sharon Group Folorunso Alakija says she stopped using jewellery following God’s direction.

Alakija stated this on Sunday, November 28 while ministering in Lagos at the Amazing Grace Pentecostal Church’s 25th anniversary, Igbere TV reports.

She told the congregation that it took ten days for God to stop her from using jewellery.

“I used to love jewellery. I had all kinds and the jewellery had to match every cloth I wore. In those days I used to tell God not to take jewellery from me. If anybody had come to me and told me not to wear jewellery, I would not have listened to the person. I would have wondered where that person is coming from. But by the time God started dealing with me on it, I had no option but to do away with it,” she said.

The clergywoman, who is one of the richest women in Africa, said the turning point began when she started bleeding from her ear lobe while she was sleeping.

“That night I just suddenly found I was bleeding from my ear lobe. I did not sleep with earrings that night so I wondered what could have caused the bleeding. My ear lobe became sticky. When soap touched it while I was having my bath, it was hurting,” she said.

The 70-year-old has business interests in different fields such as oil and gas and fashion.

https://igberetvnews.com/1407400/god-stopped-using-jewelry-folorunso-alakija/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by WibusJaga: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2021

Oh God! Pls also intervene & stop many others from using expensive jewelry, expensive cars, expensive jets, even expensive coffins... & other needless luxury. Let them channel the money instead into helping the needy around them. cheesy

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by AntiChristian: 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hmmm,

Maybe your body is reacting to the Jewelry!

Are Pastors, Evangelists, etc using DMT, Magic Mushroom, meth, codeine, Tramadol, etc these days?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
WibusJaga:

Oh God! Pls also intervene & stop many others from using expensive jewelry, expensive cars, expensive jets, even expensive coffins... & other needless luxury. Let them channel the money instead into helping the needy around them. cheesy
AMEN!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by MightySparrow: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
Modesty

3 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
Brika:

She told the congregation that it took ten days for God to stop her from using jewellery.

I used to love jewellery. I had all kinds and the jewellery had to match every cloth I wore. In those days I used to tell God not to take jewellery from me. If anybody had come to me and told me not to wear jewellery, I would not have listened to the person. I would have wondered where that person is coming from. But by the time God started dealing with me on it, I had no option but to do away with it,” she said.

The clergywoman, who is one of the richest women in Africa, said the turning point began when she started bleeding from her ear lobe while she was sleeping.
But since God does not take Jewelry away from folks , it means God no get anything to do with anything wey this woman talk at all. undecided

Africans and their fake modesty! undecided

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
angry

God will just be on his own and people of Africa will not let him have peace of mind; they will just be disturbing him.

Africa is a disturbance to God wallahi tallahi

What concerns God with jewelries bikonu?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by PavillionEnergy: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
shocked

But God did not stop you from doing what you did to acquire those oil wells from IBB abi?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Passionate888: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ok o
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by BigDawsNet: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
To God be the Glory

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Teaser4(m): 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
Pendu fans y’all free to……

7 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Americafighter: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ok... Thunder fire the admin that ban me for 2 weeks.... Ban me again and lose your left eye

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by HEAVEN4444: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
sad really ? well poor people try to look rich while rich people try to look poor

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by jmoore(m): 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by DavidEsq(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But since God does not take Jewelry away from folks , it means God no get anything to do with anything wey this woman talk at all. undecided

Africans and their fake modesty! undecided
No mind the werey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by oluwaseunamos33(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
lol
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Omojolaray(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
Omo I never chop Oya come make comment
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Abbeywondrous(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
shocked
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Ekakamba: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
cool
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by osuofia2(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
Everything the rich wants to make it appeal and attractive to the have not.
Do anything that will make you happy.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Charmingrascal(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lol
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by confirmedniggae: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
A
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by NwaAmaikpe: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
shocked

What type of god stops you from using jewelry but won't stop you from bleaching?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Kingpele(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
God help me too ,I believe your testimony ma ,my own was alcohol, for years after giving my life to Christ ,I was still drinking beer ,thinking as long as I wasn't very drunk ,am good ,it cos the church i attend doesn't preach it as sin and for me I don't see it as sin .but God dealt with me concerning it ,I kept dreaming where God is telling me to quit drinking, then I came to believe that God was on it ,when my cousin that lives in South South called me one day telling me that he dreamt where God was telling me to stop drinking alcohol..I had to struggle my way out of it by God's grace, so is possible for God to tell someone to quit even some things that seems ok to humanity, I don't know why but he is God

29 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by SultanOfPuna: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
I have come to the conclusion that those that dress to impress 80% of them are broke.
Meanwhile, you have ppl like oshiomole who wears Khaki up and down but his bank account is in billions
Or Mark zukerberg with his grey t shirt and jeans.

Rich ppl don't dress to impress others
Only poor ppl dress to impress others
#FACTS

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by emmyN(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
Thought some people said religion is the opium for the poor cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by revived: 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
Eweeeeeeee
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Heloct(f): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
Okay..

Imagine if she was a clergywoman, she would have used her experience and God's instruction to her as a doctrine for her followers.

And it will pass on to generations.

5 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Divoc19(f): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
Material things are over rated

3 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
WibusJaga:

God right now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Lagosianswag: 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
After Oil Money, Her Next Calling is Preaching lipsrsealed

Who am I to doubt her beliefs undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.