Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Obama's Bully Pulpit - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Bully Pulpit (1889 Views)

The Day The Play Ground Bully Picked On The Wrong Kid And Got A Bloody Nose / Malawi Labels Madonna A 'Bully' After Recent Visit / Cnn | Black In America | 'almighty Debt: Fighting Debt From The Pulpit' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Bully Pulpit by adconline(m): 4:41pm On May 12, 2009
Tayo- D.
I'm not expecting you to stop listening to Rush, but I would want you to stop using his innuendos as the benchmarks for ur discussions. His is a light weight in advancing RNC's policies. He is not a thinker. I will never take a page from someone who is a drug addict and thrice divorced. Listen to folks like David Frum and contrast it with Rush and you will see that Rush targets street folks who cannot do their own thinking. If you are carrying out a research and you major source of information is Rush, your paper is going to have a credibility problem cos most RNC intellects do not cite him.
Re: Obama's Bully Pulpit by TayoD1(m): 5:07pm On May 12, 2009
@adconline,

Classic diversionary tactics. We are talking about issues, you are here beaming your searchlight on the person. Show me a perfect person on the right or left of the divide if you can.

As for who to listen to, I find it fascinating that Democrats and Liberals are always eager to point others in the path they should go or who to listen to. I post issues here that interest me, and you either strike down my points or butress them as you deem fit. This someone is better than another person mentality is rooted in the class warfare that liberals are igniting.

Like it or not, Rush is an intellectual, regardless whether he has a college degree or not. I suppose Dick Cheney is also one of those street people he is targeting, right? I'll just like to look beyond personalities and deal with th issues here. You have not done that so far.
Re: Obama's Bully Pulpit by adconline(m): 6:46pm On May 12, 2009
What issues are  u talking about other than  the ones enucianted by your boss Rush? Cheney who got about 15% approval when he was in the office should be taking a page from Rush. Why do we have to lower standard whenever we are talking about Rush even when he calls Obama's character into question? Follow follow folks like are that he - Rush likenes Obama to Al Capone, yet we cannot question his character needless to question his claims which are out of whack
Re: Obama's Bully Pulpit by TayoD1(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2009
@adconline,

Now we are getting somewhere. You are offended he likened Obama to Al Capone. Maybe if you put it in context, you wouldn't be so offended. He didn't call Obama a gangster or a criminal, rather he said he bullies just like Al Capone. If I say you have compassion like Jesus Christ, does that mean every Christian should accuse me of blasphemy for putting you and Jesus in the same sentence? It's funny how you ignored all the things he mentioned but seized on that statement to vent your bias.

Question is, looking at the examples mentioned, did Obama bully these people or not? Eveidence suggests he did. His unrepentant supporter, Warren Buffet suggests the same as well. So what is your point? That the AIG Execs who were wrongly villified on national TV by the President are just too sensitive? Please be clear so we know where you stand!
Re: Obama's Bully Pulpit by sleekp1: 8:16pm On May 13, 2009
@Tayo-D

You hate Obama more than most white dudes, I mean why do you  mumbo jumbo, dilly dally and generally act as mouth piece for "rascist" America? How did this hatred start?
Re: Obama's Bully Pulpit by TayoD1(m): 9:26pm On May 13, 2009
@sleek_p,

Why would you say I hate the guy?  I don't.  I have tabled my reservations not based on his person, but on his actions. If I was White now, I'm sure you would have accused me of racism. This is why debates are difficult these days. Any opposition is accused of anything but the issues thay are bringing attention to.

Tell me, will you support Bush if he does the same things as Obama, and will you support Obama if he did exactly the same things that Bush did?
Re: Obama's Bully Pulpit by preselect(m): 10:25pm On May 13, 2009
obama is already doing what bush did. he is obstructing justice, he is loosing support of his base, he will surely crack and he is inviting a democratic presidential primary in the next 4 yrs angry

and this time, i will contribute to his opponent angry angry angry
Re: Obama's Bully Pulpit by TayoD1(m): 3:23am On May 14, 2009
In this I support Obama.  Releasing those pictures serves no good.
Re: Obama's Bully Pulpit by preselect(m): 3:30am On May 14, 2009
during the civil war, a person who wears Union Coat and Confederate pants get shot at by both sides. when Obama is trying to satisfy both ends instead of doing what he was elected to do, what he promised to do, and was therefore elected to do, he would loose the support of his base.

i'm sure he doesnt need to be reminded that he will never get the support of republicans. and the only thing he will do that can make the republicans support him is to resign.

i'll be in the US this yr, by next election i will be a full active member of moveon.org and obama will see the other side of us angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Take This Test / Libyan Rebels Are The Worst War Criminals Ever. / Nelson Mandela Is In Hell- Martin Barker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.