Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) (1313 Views)

Lobatan - NCC Fines Their Own Globacom #34 Million / Cameroon Government Fines MTN $160 Million For Corruption Charges / Non Adoption of pay-as-you-go data service: NCC fines MTN, Airtel, Globacom (2) (3) (4)

Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 29, 2015
MTN was recently fined N1.04 Trillion for non compliance. The network operators has resorted to making her customers bear the burden of the fine by frivolous act of deducting and charging customers for services they knew never existed.

Is NCC being hostile to MTN or are they really trying to sanitise the communication sector?

NCC should know that it is the customers that would eunuch up paying that fine as both tax and other charges are shifted to the end users in form of services and lotteries by all the mobile network operators.

About two months ago, MTN Nigeria disconnected thousands of their users and sent messages to thousands of others for them to update the sim registration details and gave as bonuses billions of Naira worth of gift to those that complied and did the update.

While all these last, no one heard of other mobile telecom service providers. MTN made sacrifice being the leader in the Nigerian Telecom industry to prove to the NCC and Nigerians that they are working with the Nigerian vision by that act, yet, they seem to be under witch hunt by NCC.

While we as Nigerians want to attract investors to Nigeria, we need to give the existing industries the best opportunity and partner with them so that they would be our mouthpiece to aspiring investors by making them see reasons to give investors good report about Nigeria.

If we remain hostile in the name of sanctioning the system, we are giving them the chance to discourage investors who would like to hear from them first before taking action of Investing in Nigeria.

NCC should evaluate their relationship with all Network operators and ensure that they are not being biased in their judgement.

lalasticlala
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by azeeza(f): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2015
They should charge them much jor. Those stupid messages they use to disturb my peace is annoying and meaningless.

Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 29, 2015
azeeza:
They should charge them much jor. Those stupid messages they use to disturb my peace is annoying and meaningless.

You don't understand. What ever amount NCC charge them as fine would be transferred to the customers. You too would be part and parcel of those that would pay the fine as long as you use MTN.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by drss(m): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2015
ncc not fair to empty-hen? Make i hear word. dat fine sef too small. It should have been N5 trillion.

Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by donlyone(m): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2015
They deserve it and more. They had like 4 years to comply but refused. The fine is nothing compared to the insecurity and threat posed by unregistered sim cards.

By the way, this fine has been established like 4years ago

Check the topic bellow to see more:

https://www.nairaland.com/2698746/ending-mtns-impunity
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Panshow(m): 10:15am On Oct 29, 2015
NCC just realized that MTN have been scamming us for a very long time.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Flye: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
victorels:

You don't understand. What ever amount NCC charge them as fine would be transferred to the customers. You too would be part and parcel of those that would pay the fine as long as you use MTN.

If u don't know how they arrived at the figure, u should have asked.

It is written in the Constitution that 200,000 fine per sim and MTN was aware of this yet Mtn refused to deactivate those lines.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 29, 2015
Panshow:
NCC just realized that MTN have been scamming us for a very long time.

The more they are fined, the more they scam you to pay NCC. Like now, I was charged from my account when I still have data. All I can receive if I complain is is sorry for the inconvenience.
They would be scamming users to pay their fine.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2015
Flye:

If u don't know how they arrived at the figure, u should have asked.

It is written in the Constitution that 200,000 fine per sim and MTN was aware of this yet Mtn refused to deactivate those lines.

I know a lot of people were complaining of their lines being deactivated by MTN. They also gave bonus to those that did the upgrade to the tune of 35,000 naira to each of the affected customers.

MTN took the warning more serious than any network.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Panshow(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2015
victorels:

The more they are fined, the more they scam you to pay NCC. Like now, I was charged from my account when I still have data. All I can receive if I complain is is sorry for the inconvenience.
They would be scamming users to pay their fine.
The best bet is to quit their network just like I did. If they realize that people are quitting their network because of their shoddy ways, they'll learn their lessons.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Flye: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
victorels:

I know a lot of people were complaining of their lines being deactivated by MTN. They also gave bonus to those that did the upgrade to the tune of 35,000 naira to each of the affected customers.

MTN took the warning more serious than any network.

They only deactivated in selected areas and when they noticed majority of the deactivated lines did not returned back, they simply look the other way.

If u check the pattern of disregard to the directive by MTN, u will notice they have the habit and are more guilty than any network operators in Nigeria.

They also lead in all negative trend in our telecom industry.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Whizpeter(m): 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
MTN need to be fined heavily for stealing our hard earned monies...
That money that NCC fined them ain't even up to what they steal from Nigerians regularly...
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 31, 2015
Whizpeter:
MTN need to be fined heavily for stealing our hard earned monies...
That money that NCC fined them ain't even up to what they steal from Nigerians regularly...

that is business.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 31, 2015
Flye:

They only deactivated in selected areas and when they noticed majority of the deactivated lines did not returned back, they simply look the other way.

If u check the pattern of disregard to the directive by MTN, u will notice they have the habit and are more guilty than any network operators in Nigeria.

They also lead in all negative trend in our telecom industry.

When you are given a directive and you saw that it is not good for your business, you have to protest. This MTN did asking NCC to allow them use a better alternative to ensure that the incomplete registration were corrected. They employed some strategies that involved bonuses. That is commendable.

Majority of those numbers were those registered when sim registration was not in existence and form the long term customers of MTN. That would be doing dis-service to them.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by encryptjay(m): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2015
Mtn are thieves
NCC is a body filled with thieves cos these fines won't benefit any single subscriber.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by hinwazaka: 11:14am On Oct 31, 2015
MTN is pro-PDP. This is just a strategy by the government to weaken the pillars of support and the allies of the PDP. Plus, they foolishly suspect that the MTN attempted to help the PDP rig the elections through the five million unregistered sims.
Re: Is NCC Being Hostile To MTN Nigeria (NCC Fines MTN) by Flye: 3:51am On Nov 01, 2015
victorels:

When you are given a directive and you saw that it is not good for your business, you have to protest. This MTN did asking NCC to allow them use a better alternative to ensure that the incomplete registration were corrected. They employed some strategies that involved bonuses. That is commendable.

Majority of those numbers were those registered when sim registration was not in existence and form the long term customers of MTN. That would be doing dis-service to them.

Directive is directive, when operating in people's land, u have to consider the law first, if u can't cope with the law u get out.

Why did other telecoms obey? If u check every disregard for telecoms rules in Nigeria, Mtn has always been the no 1 defaulter while others manages to obey.
The truth is MTN only care about proffit, they have no regard for any other things in the country, not security, health or financial consideration is non of their concern.
Can they even try this in their country of origin?
Can MTN provide service for just one sim without proper registration in south Africa?

I don't blame Mtn and other international companies for taking Nigeria's laws, security and people for granted because our leaders also takes everything for granted.

I Need 1gb Data Plan For N100 / Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t / Recession: Airtel's Night Browsing Is Now Expensive See Here>>>>