Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t (1313 Views)

10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android / How To Play High Graphics Games smoothly On Android Phone With Low RAM / Gta San Andreas Playing Smoothly On A Bb Q10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by adewasco2k(m): 11:31pm On May 19, 2016
Reasons Why iPhones can run on lower RAM than Android Phones

1. iPhone development doesn’t have a method of Garbage collection while android uses a garbage collection solution for memory management. What’s garbage collection? It’s a process that triggers the recycling of memory once an Android app is done using it. Usually, this works pretty well on systems that have a lot of free RAM, but once you get a lot of different apps running, things start getting dicey, for the IOS it only needs the memory for it to run and that’s all.

2. IOS is optimized to run on its hardware which is designed and tested by Apple and manufactured by Apple’s manufacturing partners while Android on the other hand is an open source that means that you can mold it to properly do whatever you want it to do, so it’s manufacturer tend to provide a platform for that with a larger RAM.

3.While both OS supports multitasking, they do this differently, Android allows an app to run fully in the background as long as you have the RAM, IOS allows multitasking on a limited basis.

4.Java is the programming language use in Android development, Java is known to eat up lot of memory, on the other hand Objective-C, Swift and Metal programming languages which is used in developing IOS is a lot fast as its used Object-Orientation which is a good choice for high-performance computer programming.

It has also been proven that the more the RAM on a phone the more the battery consumption.

Snippet from a blog post Why iPhone Runs Smoothly on 1GB RAM and Android Can’t

Lalasticlala seun

1 Like

Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by mohemos: 11:37pm On May 19, 2016
Is Java not an object oriented programming language ?
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by adewasco2k(m): 11:50pm On May 19, 2016
mohemos:
Is Java not an object oriented programming language ?

Objective-C is a language based on C with extensions for object-oriented concepts, such as classes, inheritance, interfaces, messages, dynamic typing, etc. while Java is not purely object oriented because there are primitive data types like int,float etc which are not objects

i stand to be corrected though
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by feldido(m): 12:16am On May 20, 2016
But I Love my Android More cos I have the Freedom to do whatever I like with it.

And who says high end Androids aren't smooth?
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by Zoola91(m): 12:18am On May 20, 2016
OK
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by mohemos: 12:21am On May 20, 2016
adewasco2k:

Objective-C is a language based on C with extensions for object-oriented concepts, such as classes, inheritance, interfaces, messages, dynamic typing, etc. while Java is not purely object oriented because there are primitive data types like int,float etc which are not objects

i stand to be corrected though
Let me answer you with your response, C is a procedural language, according to you some extensions were added to it to make it Objective C thereby OOP, Good!

Am sure you know C++ and you're aware that is an OOP and c++ is parented by C. But you should also know that c++ has the primitive data types like int,float,double etc. same applicable to vb.net, c#, PHP etc. and all these languages are object oriented.
The yardstick for any language to be considered as OOP are :
1.polymorphism
2.Inheritance
3. Data encapsulation.

all these paradigms has Java, therefore Java is an object oriented programming Language.

Concerning Android using more memories than iOS, I think the main problem is the robustness of Android to run on different devices without any standard also, the people in charge of the software are not the same in charge of the hardware and Android gives free room for developers to do clean and dirty job unlike iOS with their plenty restrictions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by kingsamm(m): 12:32am On May 20, 2016
feldido:
But I Love my Android More cos I have the Freedom to do whatever I like with it.

And who says high end Androids aren't smooth?
High-end Android devices don't come with 1gb ram
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by feldido(m): 12:38am On May 20, 2016
kingsamm:

Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by feldido(m): 12:38am On May 20, 2016
kingsamm:

But then it works perfectly.
Both phones run on different Architecture, so you don't expect both to be same.
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by Dahkogrin007(m): 12:54am On May 20, 2016
mohemos:

Let me answer you with your response, C is a procedural language, according to you some extensions were added to it to make it Objective C thereby OOP, Good!

Am sure you know C++ and you're aware that is an OOP and c++ is parented by C. But you should also know that c++ has the primitive data types like int,float,double etc. same applicable to vb.net, c#, PHP etc. and all these languages are object oriented.
1.polymorphism
2.Inheritance
3. Data encapsulation.

all these paradigms has Java, therefore Java is an object oriented programming Language.

Concerning Android using more memories than iOS, I think the main problem is the robustness of Android to run on different devices without any standard also, the people in charge of the software are not the same in charge of the hardware and Android gives free room for developers to do clean and dirty job unlike iOS with there plenty restrictions.

Can u speak English pls
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by adewasco2k(m): 7:05am On May 20, 2016
mohemos:

1.polymorphism
2.Inheritance
3. Data encapsulation.

Concerning Android using more memories than iOS, I think the main problem is the robustness of Android to run on different devices without any standard also, the people in charge of the software are not the same in charge of the hardware and Android gives free room for developers to do clean and dirty job unlike iOS with their plenty restrictions.

I think i totally agree with you
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by chumakk: 7:12am On May 20, 2016
Yes, I use one and I don't think I will be going back to android soon
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by mohemos: 7:59am On May 20, 2016
although am not a loyalist or fan boy to any product but currently I will be the last person to switch from Android to iOS because I love tweaking things. am still using my old HTC One M8 but with the latest OS (Android 6.0.1) and latest HTC Sense (Sense 8 ). I've changed my phone's OS more than 10 times this year, not just my OS but some other things not allowed on HTC am smoothly using them on my HTC.
These things iOS will not allow you do even if you jailbreak your phone.
A jail-broken iPhone = normal Android phone and nothing more than that, but a rooted and unlocked bootloader Android device is something out of mobile world.
Re: Why Iphone Runs Smoothly On 1GB RAM And Android Can’t by omoalajah(m): 3:45pm On May 21, 2016
Choosing between iOS and Android has been headache for me...

(1) (Reply)

Just Arrived A New Oukitel K6000 For Sell / Recession: Airtel's Night Browsing Is Now Expensive See Here>>>> / Working Version Of Whatsapp For OS 6 Devices, till Dec. 31st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.