Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Fake Lives Of Some Nigerian Bankers: My Experience Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fake Lives Of Some Nigerian Bankers: My Experience Today (1108 Views)

Why Do We Live Fake Lives On Social Media? / Powerful Images Capture The Very Different Lives Of Children Across The Globe. / Bankers For Baba Ijebu (R & S Lotto Port Harcourt) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Lives Of Some Nigerian Bankers: My Experience Today by micronut(m): 11:40am On Oct 29, 2015
I live close to an Access bank branch, in fact close to few other ones too. Banks like GTB, Stanbic IBTC, UBA and Zenith are all a stone's throw from my house. Being an Access Bank customer, i can enter the bank like twice a day, as such, am very close to some of these ladies and guys on the counter.

Before this, i use to have this mental belief, that this guys are super cool mehn. "See their suit, see as this one just sit down under AC"." Mehn, dis girl shouldn't be earning less than 80k or 100k per month oo" and many funny thinking like that. Lol!

Don't mind me, i would not have mind if their gra-gra is not obvious. Many a times, that have seen how those in customer care sections attend to people, particularly Elder men and women.(And more pronounced is during this BVN of a thing, these girls can nag en..(N'ishe ni won ma ma kanra gbere-gbere). Some would even look you like say no be God created you. To offer you a seat is like you requesting for the biggest offer in the whole world).

Ok, straight to what i noticed! Recently, i noticed each time i go out in the night around 8pm to buy things, i would see these bankers, especially the counter guys, holding polythene bags and trekking like say them jazz them. I have asked myself questions sometimes, like "No be this access staff be dis? e be like dis guys dey suffer small ooo". Lol!

The one i saw this morning was the funniest, it's about one pretty girl on the counter, that i used to think she must have been in money. Naso i see this girl for my iya bashirah canteen ooo. Unbelivable, see as she dey yarn yoruba like kilode.. I was like oluwa oooo... I stayed and overheard the girl saying, "E ba mi ta bi e shey maun ta" (Sell it as usual or sell it the way you use to sell).... She continued..."Rice ati Ewa 60naira, dodo 20naira pelu eran kan". I just couldn't believe my ears. So i may be better than this girl after all. At least i dey chop with 250naira on a goal.

Nawa oooo....I came into conclusion that, it is true that, Every coin has two sides, just like most people have two faces.

Re: Fake Lives Of Some Nigerian Bankers: My Experience Today by ajasbaba(m): 11:42am On Oct 29, 2015
PLS LEAVE BANKERS AND THERE LIFE ALONE.

ONLY HE WHO PUTS THE SHOE KNOWS WHERE IT HURT.

AFTER ALL THE ALSO HAVE FAMILY TO TAKE CARE OF

1 Like

Re: Fake Lives Of Some Nigerian Bankers: My Experience Today by ayindepremier: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2015
This guy seems to be a spoon fed rather than hustling for himself, well no be every one working inside bank be staff, most are on contracts.
and living on small budget doesn't define that your are poor, it means u ought to be having so great plans for your future.
cut your coat... u knw d rest
Re: Fake Lives Of Some Nigerian Bankers: My Experience Today by micronut(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2015
ajasbaba:
PLS LEAVE BANKERS AND THERE LIFE ALONE.

ONLY HE WHO PUTS THE SHOE KNOWS WHERE IT HURT.

AFTER ALL THE ALSO HAVE FAMILY TO TAKE CARE OF
Yes, it is true... You may be right but in the banking hall they behave like small gods. To save my self from their riddicule some times, i use to dress like a big man to the bank. put my postgraduate ID card... No body would tell them, before they start saying welcome sir. One even asked him me recently, Sir, do you work with University of so so so... I was like wow for my mind! na me be dis? Your father... Well, i told her, am a researcher with the university... lol! unpaid Researcher...

It is true that the way you dress, is the way you are address. If not, them go oppress you die... Have even seen one yeye girl while i was in school telling my prof. mrs to go and queue just because she wanted to ask her a question.. Can u imagine??
Re: Fake Lives Of Some Nigerian Bankers: My Experience Today by micronut(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
ayindepremier:
This guy seems to be a spoon fed rather than hustling for himself, well no be every one working inside bank be staff, most are on contracts.
and living on small budget doesn't define that your are poor, it means u ought to be having so great plans for your future.
cut your coat... u knw d rest
Lol! In case, you are referring to me, am not eating with spoon at all, let alone of being spoon fed. I live on my own and hustles my way for a living... Just trying to tell all these bankers, that we are all hustlers, from artisans to spare part boy!

2 Likes

Re: Fake Lives Of Some Nigerian Bankers: My Experience Today by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
Those guys may be investing their money on something valuable. Being frugal does not mean that one is poor.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From My Visit To The Slave Museum In Badagry - Akinboye Akinpelumi / Solange Shares Unfiltered Photo Without Any Make Up On / Nigerian Twitter User Gets The Shock Of Her Life !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.