Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

My Camp Experience (part 1) Story By Deobaba - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Camp Experience (part 1) Story By Deobaba (2394 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Ebonyi Corper Shares His Orientation Camp Experience – A Corper’s Tale / My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Camp Experience (part 1) Story By Deobaba by Icorpers: 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
As it happened that I saw my name on the graduation list, joy filled my heart and the river banks of my eyes let loose the fluids it guards.

I rejoiced with my family as I came out one of the best in my department, we ate danced took pictures and slept at night...lol

Oya oo, NYSC we are waiting for you...with enthusiasm I filled in the three states I wanted and then I got posted to Ikare Akoko, Ondo State.

And i'm like yes I want to serve but this looks like a village in Kenya, as I have not heard about Ikare Akoko prior to that time. Then I started surfing the net for useful information, and I stumbled on icorpers on the net, I signed up, followed icorpers on IG, all to get information. Fortunately icorpers was a very useful tool in providing needed information.

Finally, Haaainnnn...... I said to myself, ' this is an adventure and i'm going on it'.

Gathered all I needed to gather, packed all I needed to pack. I then proceeded by linking up with peeps posted to Ikare too, and we were four 3 ladies and a guy.

I had to stay with my uncle prior to the date the camp opens. I got on the bus going to ikare camp, and I was waiting for the journey to end; from lagos. 1,2,3,4 hours and i'm like Ikare Akoko has to be really far..........just like Kenya in Nigeria...abeeggiiii....swerve....

Finally the bus stopped and the driver said,'gbogbo ero' meaning 'all passengers' and we looked around like JJC's and asked!... where is the camp? Baba replied,'you will have to board bike to camp'..........hmmm ok oooo..... I couldn't argue, my stature would not allow me.

Let me tell you how I looked; close your eyes...can you see a petite, beautifully endowed lady Yeahhhh that's me. Winks*

Well, stopped a bike man, Ikare camp sir, oga said 500 naira, I just felt I should bargain, and I said 70 naira. Then he replied,'oya 100 naira and let's go'. Scam oshii...

It is not easy to be an otondo.

Shaa shaaaa shaaaa, I got to camp gate o, bought padlock, auntie selling said 'sister you go need bucket, and i'm like seriously...this is not for me abeg, till I settle down...

Sooooooo...........when inside the camp, after being checked. (Forget it, I did not frog jump or put my box on my head, I entered like a queen lol).

Finally registration started but when I saw some peoples' date of birth; I had to be hiding mine, plus my stature did not help matters- 1988,1989,1987, me I con carry 1994...choiii...

Hope you enjoyed the first part? pls visit and sign up to the new social network for corpers www.icorpers.com

1 Like

Re: My Camp Experience (part 1) Story By Deobaba by ayindepremier: 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
ur story get k-leg o, are u a transgender or she-male? seems like I'm having contradictions on ur personality now...
clarify

1 Like

Re: My Camp Experience (part 1) Story By Deobaba by Icorpers: 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
mistake!!!! its actually a female you got that spot on @ayindepremier
Re: My Camp Experience (part 1) Story By Deobaba by azsx: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
It is an error, guess the other parts will clarify...

1 Like

Re: My Camp Experience (part 1) Story By Deobaba by iyiscopy(f): 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
grin cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Found This On NYSC Handbook / Nysc Arrears / Who Has Successfully Downloaded He/her Call-up Letter Since 6 PM Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.