Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 (24678 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Ebonyi Corper Shares His Orientation Camp Experience – A Corper’s Tale / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
My Camp Experience.

It was a sunny day, the roads were extremely busy with people trying to get from one place to another, though most were on based on business activities.

I was in a Business center, typing some documents for my dad, completely exhausted I was, when I heard the beep from my phone. I thought of course, it was one of those random SMS being sent to us by our numerous networks. I almost ignored, but my friend's name on the message notification got my attention. The message read "Funmi, call up letter is out." My heart skipped a beat instantly, as I could vividly recall weeks ago, I had chosen 3 different states I wished to be deployed for my NYSC service. Oyo state was my first, others were chosen out of no options.
I quickly logged in to my NYSC account, opened the page and gbam! There it was.." I got Oyo state"

Fast forward to the day I left for camp. I decided to leave for camp a day before it was opened officially.
I slept with so much excitements that night and i just couldn't wait for the next day to come so I could pack my baggage and embark on this amazing journey, though had no idea what it held for me but I knew it was going to be really exciting.
The journey to Oyo state from Lagos state lasted about 3hours, and I enjoyed every bit of it.

I arrived at Iseyin camp in Oyo state at exactly 2:30pm. I got down from the bus, saw a a huge direction board with inscription on it " Welcome to National youth service corps, Iseyin Camp, Oyo state. I was filled with ecstasy, I must confess.
The atmosphere and environment felt so great and welcoming and i couldn't believe my eyes at amazing beautiful building structures of Iseyin camp glaring at me.

I have heard so many sour stories about different NYSC camps all around the country, but Iseyin is an exception!! I need to admit that I was wowed by the buildings, the colours, the hostels, the parade ground, the pavilion etc Iseyin camp is a camp you could call a home indeed.
Aside these beautiful structures, the most amazing part is the Constant electricity and water supply. I must admit, Iseyin Camp is the best in Nigeria.
The first night was a wonderful one, I slept peacefully like a baby.
The weather was so cold and my bed really soft I almost forgot I wasn't home. The screechings from the bunks woke me up, opened an eye, saw some of my room mates who were already prepared for the real day!

"Yes...Welcome to the fun, stressful and most anticipated NYSC Orientation" I told my self.

The first day the registration commenced, was quite stressful but filled with so much fun.
I also noticed the friendly nature of the Military men and women , so I felt really comfortable.

The registration lasted for some few hours, then my kit...the kit I had dreamt of all my life was handed to me..and yes, i was so excited, I couldn't wait to put it on.

4pm sharp, the trumpet was blown. I got confused as to what the alert was for, until I saw my other Corp members putting on their whites and others running down the parade ground, then i realized it was an alarm made to alert corp members on where to be. Fortunately i was on my whites too, so I joined them on the parade and that marked the beginning of my NYSC camp experience.

After the parade, I felt so tired I couldn't even check my phone for news and updates like I do every night before retiring to bed. I had my shower and off to bed.
Same thing happened the next day, then I got used to it all.

Number 6 Platoon...
My Platoon leader, his name " Sergeant Muhammad." A very funny leader and yes extremely disciplined. He's such a man, that knows how to instill knowledge on people in a way that makes them learn so fast without so much efforts.
I made some great friends in my Platoon and we all got accustomed to each other as each day passed by.
The third day, I woke up from the noises around my hostel. My eyes were still dimmed, then I looked up at my window...my 7/7 Nysc Uniform neatly hung. It was "Swearing in Day" I thought in excitement.
The day we we all had been waiting for "The day we all get sworn in as National youth corp members."
I jumped from my bed, had a quick prayer and showered. Then as I wore my 7/7 uniform, a thought came " in few hours to come, I'd no longer be an "Otondo" like fresher's are commonly called. Today I'll be a corper, and I couldn't wait to serve my nation..." My Father's land.

The swearing in, ended successfully. My ears were almost deaf from the clicks of cameras, laughter and cheering from different corp members. I could see the excitements on everyone's face. I smiled and thanked God for a day like this. This is a dream come true.

My Hostel- Olubadan Hostel.
I had great room mates and my Hostel mistress was indeed a woman you could call a mother. The hostel felt like home to me, I wished we wouldn't have to leave so soon.

Camp comes with so much exciting experiences, from the long queues under the scorching sun, to the parades, the social activities, the punishments, the funny people around, the delicious food, the mami market, the petty traders, the camera men following corpers around like flies, the allowances, the military men and women snatching away our freedoms, and so forth.

In conclusion, I'll say I am having the best camp experience ever!
Iseyin Camp, Oyo state is a place to be, a place you can always call a home.

By the way, Falz and Simi performed on our opening night sponsored by Beat FM!!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by ojnnaco(m): 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ok. that's good. No time for this long essay . We are in the era of change now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by dayowunmi(m): 10:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
I pray I get oyo when the posting is done by April
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Sanni45(m): 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nice one.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
dayowunmi:
I pray I get oyo when the posting is done by April
I also pray you do...sure you gonna love it.

By the way, I typed this write up during my stay in camp. I miss camp ehnnnn!!!!
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Sanni45:
Nice one.
Awwwh thanks a lot
I'll post pictures soon
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by dayowunmi(m): 11:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

I also pray you do...sure you gonna love it.

By the way, I typed this write up during my stay in camp. I miss camp ehnnnn!!!!
Lolz, I hope to have a nice experience as you did. I still wanna know more about iseyin camp plss, How cramped up are the hostels? General hygiene nko? Are you paid any stipend by the state government? Thanks in advance for your reply
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
dayowunmi:

Lolz, I hope to have a nice experience as you did. I still wanna know more about iseyin camp plss, How cramped up are the hostels? General hygiene nko? Are you paid any stipend by the state government? Thanks in advance for your reply
Hehehehe

If you got posted to Oyo state, you are likely to be allocated in Ajimobi hostel " The biggest hostel with about 700 occupants" Lol sounds scary ba? But trust me, if you don't get that hostel, you'll never enjoy your camp life grin it is the best male hostel!!! No dulling for one moment! As a female, I wanted to spend just one night in Ajimobi hostel....I was desperate about it Lol grin but unfortunately I couldn't . in the female hostels, for instance mine...Olubadan, we were just 40occupants, so no noise and so forth....I'll post pics wink
General hygiene is extremely okay, though I can't really say much for the guys cause I didn't visit their hostel much, but it is well tiled, fans, constant water, constant electricity etc
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by dayowunmi(m): 11:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Hehehehe

If you got posted to Oyo state, you are likely to be allocated in Ajimobi hostel " The biggest hostel with about 700 occupants" Lol sounds scary ba? But trust me, if you don't get that hostel, you'll never enjoy your camp life grin it is the best male hostel!!! No dulling for one moment! As a female, I wanted to spend just one night in Ajimobi hostel....I was desperate about it Lol grin but unfortunately I couldn't . in the female hostels, for instance mine...Olubadan, we were just 40occupants, so no noise and so forth....I'll post pics wink
General hygiene is extremely okay, though I can't really say much for the guys cause I didn't visit their hostel much, but it is well tiled, fans, constant water, constant electricity etc
Lolz, you wanted to spend a night in a male hostel, lolz, I will also want to spend the night in the female hostel o, hehe hehe. Already used to crowded hostels, but if there's a hall with 40 participants I will gladly take. Some guys can be.....
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:01am On Mar 27, 2016
dayowunmi:

Lolz, you wanted to spend a night in a male hostel, lolz, I will also want to spend the night in the female hostel o, hehe hehe. Already used to crowded hostels, but if there's a hall with 40 participants I will gladly take. Some guys can be.....
Yesss oooo!!!! Ajimobi is like the best hostel in camp, cause you go too laff tire till day break grin
Yes, there are other male hostels like "Alafin" with just few occupants but too boring biko hehehe
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Lero15(m): 12:58am On Mar 27, 2016
OYO tongue
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 27, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Hehehehe

sounds really nice.. I myt just be posted there... how is the cost of living, accommodation price... ( use urs for example) did the state pay
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2016
missprudence:

sounds really nice.. I myt just be posted there... how is the cost of living, accommodation price... ( use urs for example) did the state pay
Yes its really nice, just try to be at the camp a day before it opens.

Well, about cost of living it all depends on where you get posted to! While I was in camp I wanted IB so much but later I decided to accept where ever I get posted to. Today I'm glad I didn't get IB, cause the cost of living in IB is really expensive and most of my friends went through a lot getting accommodation, while I had already started feeling at home in the free accommodation my school gave me. They posted me to a lg called "Kajola" its quite far but nice. My school is in a little town called Isemile, surrounded by nice and mighty rocks....trust me, you'd love the place. We also get free foodstuffs from the people around us, the lodge given to us by the school is highly conducive! 1 person to a room and the roads are very very very good! Almost, in fact 90% of the roads there are tarred, be it a street road or highways....so its a cool place unlike Ibadan. The cost of living here is also extremely cheap and the people are nice and friendly. So my advise is, don't try to be desperate for IB like most people would, just let God take control!

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2016
Lero15:
OYO tongue
#OyoKopa tongue cheesy wink cool
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Sanni45(m): 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:
Awwwh thanks a lot I'll post pictures soon
Uwc...Looking forward to seeing d pics.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Lero15(m): 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

#OyoKopa tongue cheesy wink cool

Lol.
Happy Easter dear.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lero15:

Lol.
Happy Easter dear.
You welcome dear... cheesy

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by yudi25: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
U mentioned getting to camp a day before, are hostels going to be allocated dat day or we'll. sort ourselves and wait for the camp opening.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
yudi25:
U mentioned getting to camp a day before, are hostels going to be allocated dat day or we'll. sort ourselves and wait for the camp opening.
Yes o!

Hostels ain't allocated that day, you can sleep in any of the hostels till you get a permanent one which should be the next day.

In fact its very advisable to go a day before camp opens especially if you are a female so as to get allocated to a good hostel.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by yudi25: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Yes o!

Hostels ain't allocated that day, you can sleep in any of the hostels till you get a permanent one which should be the next day.

In fact its very advisable to go a day before camp opens especially if you are a female so as to get allocated to a good hostel.
thanks. Male actually
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by demzylahot(m): 8:24am On Mar 28, 2016
I'm crushing already, corper you are cute

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 28, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Yes its really nice, just try to be at the camp a day before it opens.

Well, about cost of living it all depends on where you get posted to! While I was in camp I wanted IB so much but later I decided to accept where ever I get posted to. Today I'm glad I didn't get IB, cause the cost of living in IB is really expensive and most of my friends went through a lot getting accommodation, while I had already started feeling at home in the free accommodation my school gave me. They posted me to a lg called "Kajola" its quite far but nice. My school is in a little town called Isemile, surrounded by nice and mighty rocks....trust me, you'd love the place. We also get free foodstuffs from the people around us, the lodge given to us by the school is highly conducive! 1 person to a room and the roads are very very very good! Almost, in fact 90% of the roads there are tarred, be it a street road or highways....so its a cool place unlike Ibadan. The cost of living here is also extremely cheap and the people are nice and friendly. So my advise is, don't try to be desperate for IB like most people would, just let God take control!

thanks.. did they pay corpers
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
missprudence:

thanks.. did they pay corpers
If you referring to the state, yes they do.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sanni45:

Uwc...Looking forward to seeing d pics.
I have posted pics cheesy
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Bantino(m): 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Nice, good experience you gat there. But I'll say welcome to another faze of life.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:
If you referring to the state, yes they do.

how much n is it regular?
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Sanni45(m): 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:
I have posted pics cheesy
Wow!! They are luvly.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
missprudence:

how much n is it regular?
Its just 4k and not regular cry
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by blessedgal(f): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
hmmm,I just hope I will be posted to Oyo
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:31am On Mar 31, 2016
blessedgal:
hmmm,I just hope I will be posted to Oyo
Awwwwh I hope so too..
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:32am On Mar 31, 2016
Bantino:
Nice, good experience you gat there. But I'll say welcome to another faze of life.
Lol thanks a lot, tho I'm.still serving hehehe
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by agrovick(m): 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
Every time I remember issele uku orientation camp and the conditions at okpe Kingdom, I'm tempted to curse Delta State govt and the officials of NYSC Delta.
Enjoy Oyo State, I will have to disagree about the cost of living in ibadan though; food is cheap, transportation is cheap, relatively housing is cheap too

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Lost But Found NYSC Certificate / Nysc Has Been Scrapped / No NYSC Mobilisation Soon - Director-General, Shuaibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.