Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

The Great Gospel Deception - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Gospel Deception (1423 Views)

Will The “Great Crowd” Be On Earth When Armageddon Breaks Out? / The YOLO Deception / The Most Recent Lie And Deception Of Yahweh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
For those who have ears and are not too lazy to read

“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘”Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?” And then I will declare to them, “I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness” (Matt. 7:22-23).”

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxrT0F-mwJf1c3VJTTNXdFRjMjg

Re: The Great Gospel Deception by PastorAIO: 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
vooks:

“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘”Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?” And then I will declare to them, “I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness” (Matt. 7:22-23).”

It is interesting that in this passage the very thing that people are condemned for is LAWLESSNESS. The very thing that Pauline christianity extols.

Could it be that the Gospel of Matthew is written as a response to Pauline christianity. After all we know that the Gospel was originally written in hebrew and so written for Jews, while Pauline christianity caught the ear of the gentiles.

Without a doubt it is addressing other so called christians who claim great things in the name of Jesus.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by Scholar8200(m): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
PastorAIO:

It is interesting that in this passage the very thing that people are condemned for is LAWLESSNESS. The very thing that Pauline christianity extols.

Could it be that the Gospel of Matthew is written as a response to Pauline christianity. After all we know that the Gospel was originally written in hebrew and so written for Jews, while Pauline christianity caught the ear of the gentiles.

Without a doubt it is addressing other so called christians who claim great things in the name of Jesus.
What Paul's writing condemns is seeking salvation by keeping the Law while ignoring Christ's Provision!

It was the same Paul that wrote that the righteousness of the Law is fulfilled in us when, after believing on Christ, we walk in the Spirit! He further went on to state that if we do not walk in the Spirit (thus having the righteousness of the Law fulfilled in us), we will die.

We dont get saved by trying to keep the Law, we receive Grace to walk according to God's righteousness (as shown in the moral law) when we are saved by faith.

Paul's emphasis was faith (in Christ) which worketh by love and love is the greatest commandment in, and fulfillment of the law!

Whither your claim of Paul extolling lawlessness?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Great Gospel Deception by PastorAIO: 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2015
Scholar8200:

What Paul's writing condemns is seeking salvation by keeping the Law while ignoring Christ's Provision!

It was the same Paul that wrote that the righteousness of the Law is fulfilled in us when, after believing on Christ, we walk in the Spirit! He further went on to state that if we do not walk in the Spirit (thus having the righteousness of the Law fulfilled in us), we will die.

We dont get saved by trying to keep the Law, we receive Grace to walk according to God's righteousness (as shown in the moral law) when we are saved by faith.

Paul's emphasis was faith (in Christ) which worketh by love and love is the greatest commandment in, and fulfillment of the law!

Whither your claim of Paul extolling lawlessness?

Yet he pronounces a curse on those who submit to circumcision after accepting Christ's provision.

2Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you.
Galatian Chapter 5.

Furthermore the statistics speak overwhelmingly against this notion. The world is full of people who have 'accepted Christ's provision' yet I see no Fulfilment of righteousness in them. I see the most morally abject people.

Furthermore the passage refers to people who have 'accepted Christ's provision' even to the point of casting out demons in his name, yet they are condemned for lawlessness.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
PastorAIO:

Could it be that the Gospel of Matthew is written as a response to Pauline christianity. After all [b]we know [/b]that the Gospel was originally written in hebrew and so written for Jews, while Pauline christianity caught the ear of the gentiles.

There are unsubstantiated rumors Matthew was penned in Hebrews. And apparently rumors is what you 'know'.

Am a big fan of conspiracy theories but I like them intelligent
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by PastorAIO: 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
vooks:

There are unsubstantiated rumors Matthew was penned in Hebrews. And apparently rumors is what you 'know'.

It is interesting that you dismiss them as rumours. Interesting on many levels.

A little off topic but interesting all the same is that the source of these 'rumours' is the same source of the 'rumours' (?) that the gospels were penned by Matthew Mark Luke and John and the 'rumours' that Christ appointed disciples to carry out the work of the church.

Interesting that you feel the way you do about Unintelligent conspiracy theories. What would you think of a conspiracy theory that said that the evils of this world is due to an invisible being that is in conflict with another invisible being and they fight for our souls and one day one will win and destroy the other one and then in the end we will live happily without sin forever. Would you find that intelligent or not?

I feel a tiny urge to post up links and quotations about the Hebrew origin of Matthew, but when I consider the effort it would take, I don't think that I can be bothered. Perhaps you could explain instead why the 'rumour' is unintelligent and less valid than any of the other 'rumours' that we've been told about the gospels.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
vooks:

Re: The Great Gospel Deception by Scholar8200(m): 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
PastorAIO:

Yet he pronounces a curse on those who submit to circumcision after accepting Christ's provision.

2Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you.
Galatian Chapter 5.
Pastor, realise that the whole issue started when in Acts 15 some people came saying," except you are circumcised, you cannot be saved" from Galatians & 2 Corinthians we can gather that those people went a notch higher in persecuting and slandering the Christ alone crew. Hence Paul was saying whoever sought to be justified by circumcision and avoid persecution have fallen from grace. Why? They have been swayed in seeking acceptance with God on another basis. Also, Paul did not curse them. Rather, he pointed out that if you sought to be accepted with God through a part of the Law, then you come under the curse of the other parts which neither they nor their fathers succeeded in keeping.

Furthermore the statistics speak overwhelmingly against this notion. The world is full of people who have 'accepted Christ's provision' yet I see no Fulfilment of righteousness in them. I see the most morally abject people.

Furthermore the passage refers to people who have 'accepted Christ's provision' even to the point of casting out demons in his name, yet they are condemned for lawlessness.

This is an indictment to ministries and ministers today that belittle and excuse sin in the lives of believers! Rather than lead the flock to higher realms of grace and Victory by the Spirit's indwelling, they give them a hell-conceived definition of grace that assures them an entrance through the Pearly gates though they travel on the Broad way!!!

Besides, the fact that some ministries today are purveyors of greasy, corrupted grace (they want NUMBERS) has produced and is still producing decisions(not transformed converts) and these proselytes are shielded from issues such as daily cross bearing, reality of persecution, need to move from present level of grace and faith to higher realms etc Unfortunately the plumetting reading culture is such that those proselytes will not read their Bibles for themselves! The result? Shallow, peripheral professions that lack substance or trace of reality.

However, there are still true converts today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
Sarassin:

If you will forgive me, I will say that this a most appalling statement. You really should do some research into the antecedents of the Gospels.
I have far little respect for those who preach water and drink rum
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
PastorAIO:

It is interesting that you dismiss them as rumours. Interesting on many levels.

A little off topic but interesting all the same is that the source of these 'rumours' is the same source of the 'rumours' (?) that the gospels were penned by Matthew Mark Luke and John and the 'rumours' that Christ appointed disciples to carry out the work of the church.

Interesting that you feel the way you do about Unintelligent conspiracy theories. What would you think of a conspiracy theory that said that the evils of this world is due to an invisible being that is in conflict with another invisible being and they fight for our souls and one day one will win and destroy the other one and then in the end we will live happily without sin forever. Would you find that intelligent or not?

I feel a tiny urge to post up links and quotations about the Hebrew origin of Matthew, but when I consider the effort it would take, I don't think that I can be bothered. Perhaps you could explain instead why the 'rumour' is unintelligent and less valid than any of the other 'rumours' that we've been told about the gospels.
I would sooner post rebuttals of anything you attempted to throw at me.

What is unintelligent is the idea that Matthew refuted Paul. Why is it unintelligent? If you can't tell, explaining it is casting precious pearls to swine
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
vooks:

I have far little respect for those who preach water and drink rum

Re: The Great Gospel Deception by PastorAIO: 7:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
vooks:

I would sooner post rebuttals of anything you attempted to throw at me.

What is unintelligent is the idea that Matthew refuted Paul. Why is it unintelligent? If you can't tell, explaining it is casting precious pearls to swine

What is unintelligent is your reading anywhere that Matthew refuted Paul? I was referring to a well documented conflict that occurred in the church, Paul's doctrine versus the 'Judaizers'.

Ps. You've got this amazing ability to talk out of both sides of the same mouth, and all in the same post.

First you'll post a rebuttal of anything I throw at you

and then in the same breath you can't answer a simple question citing 'casting pearls to swine'.

It all makes sense.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 3:00am On Oct 30, 2015
PastorAIO:

What is unintelligent is your reading anywhere that Matthew refuted Paul? I was referring to a well documented conflict that occurred in the church, Paul's doctrine versus the 'Judaizers'.

Ps. You've got this amazing ability to talk out of both sides of the same mouth, and all in the same post.

First you'll post a rebuttal of anything I throw at you

and then in the same breath you can't answer a simple question citing 'casting pearls to swine'.

It all makes sense.
What has Paul anti-Judaism got to do with Matthew?
Spend some time in Acts and appreciate the apostles were ALL against them for start. Peter preached primarily to Jews so his run ins with them was minimal. Next study the book of Hebrews which is certainly non-Pauline and see anti-Judaizing. What's curious is while Gentiles were pressured by Jews to Judaism, persecution pressuredChristian Jews to slip back.

Spend a few weeks meditating on this pearl
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 3:01am On Oct 30, 2015
Sarassin:

You mean as opposed to those who drink their bath water......?

And what exactly is unsubstantiated about the Hebrew Matthew or is it that you only preach to the converted?
There is NOTHING substantiated about a Hebrew Matthew
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by ABDULADINO(m): 6:56am On Oct 30, 2015
Vooks, do summarise the book.Thanks.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 8:14am On Oct 30, 2015
ABDULADINO:
Vooks, do summarise the book.Thanks.
Great idea but no I won't summarize. Read all of it. I said it is not for the lazy
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by Scholar8200(m): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2015
vooks:

First Class! This book is excellent I must say, just finished the Introduction. Please do you have the link to the Myths on Spiritual Warfare by the same author?
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by PastorAIO: 11:50am On Oct 30, 2015
vooks:

What has Paul anti-Judaism got to do with Matthew?

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

vooks:

Spend some time in Acts and appreciate the apostles were ALL against them for start. Peter preached primarily to Jews so his run ins with them was minimal. Next study the book of Hebrews which is certainly non-Pauline and see anti-Judaizing. What's curious is while Gentiles were pressured by Jews to Judaism, persecution pressuredChristian Jews to slip back.
Spend a few weeks meditating on this pearl

The apostles were all against Whom? What are you talking about? You cannot even stay coherent.

What has who Peter is preaching to got to do with anything?

How is hebrew Non-pauline?

What's curious is your inability to make sense? What persecution pressured what christians to slip back to what?

This your so called pearls are cankerous balls of poo, it seems.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
PastorAIO:

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

The apostles were all against Whom? What are you talking about? You cannot even stay coherent.

What has who Peter is preaching to got to do with anything?

How is hebrew Non-pauline?

What's curious is your inability to make sense? What persecution pressured what christians to slip back to what?

This your so called pearls are cankerous balls of poo, it seems.
Swine, how appropriate grin
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
Scholar8200:
First Class! This book is excellent I must say, just finished the Introduction. Please do you have the link to the Myths on Spiritual Warfare by the same author?

I will look for it, just for you man of God
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
vooks:

There is NOTHING substantiated about a Hebrew Matthew

Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sarassin:

I could take you up on this but I won't. Just so I don't derail your thread.
Thus saith cowards grin
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by PastorAIO: 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
vooks:

Swine, how appropriate grin

Yeah, let's degenerate into name calling. After all you have nothing else to actually say.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
PastorAIO:

Yeah, let's degenerate into name calling. After all you have nothing else to actually say.
What did pigs do to Jews to warrant such spite
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by PastorAIO: 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
vooks:

What did pigs do to Jews to warrant such spite

I don't know, maybe you stole their wives and daughters.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by Scholar8200(m): 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
vooks:

I will look for it, just for you man of God
Thanks a lot; will be looking forward to it.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2015
PastorAIO:

I don't know, maybe you stole their wives and daughters.
Once you read the book try and see if I will have some idle time to engage you. My precious pearls!
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 5:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
Scholar8200:
Thanks a lot; will be looking forward to it.

Man of God,
I have chapters in pdf from this site.
http://www.heavensfamily.org/ss/spiritual_warfare

I humbly request you bear with me and work with these as I look for the full book.

Stay blessed
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by Scholar8200(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
vooks:

Man of God,
I have chapters in pdf from this site.
http://www.heavensfamily.org/ss/spiritual_warfare

I humbly request you bear with me and work with these as I look for the full book.

Stay blessed
Thanks a lot. God bless you too!
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by PastorAIO: 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
I'm beginning to suspect that there is a babbling spirit of incoherence that possesses people in these churches nowadays.
Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
Scholar8200:
Thanks a lot. God bless you too!
All spiritual warfare aficionados need to read it. Especially the Nigerians and our indiginized brand of Christianity

1 Like

Re: The Great Gospel Deception by vooks: 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
PastorAIO:
I'm beginning to suspect that there is a babbling spirit of incoherence that possesses people in these churches nowadays.
What is the English word for whatever rocks congenial spammers and idlers dhow? IDLElatry

(1) (Reply)

Kerry's Visit To Nigeria, And A Puzzling Itinerary / Video:see How David Oyedepo Was Received By Benson-idahosa's Son In Benin City / What Is Wrong That You Don't Know That Paul Is A FALSE CHRISTIAN (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.