Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

It Is Time For Nigeria Workers To Offer Chinese, Lebanese And Indian Managers Qu - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / It Is Time For Nigeria Workers To Offer Chinese, Lebanese And Indian Managers Qu (504 Views)

My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / The Plight Of Nigeria Workers And The NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is Time For Nigeria Workers To Offer Chinese, Lebanese And Indian Managers Qu by monkautos(m): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
Wikipedia defines management as a function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using available resources effectively and efficiently. However, anyone who performs management functions in a firm is said to be a manager. As stated earlier, for a firm to be highly productive she must perform her organizational functions efficiently and effectively. While efficiency is concerned with the accomplishment of organizational purpose, effectiveness dwells on production of best possible product using the least amount of time or money.

Today many Nigerian businesses are controlled by managers from Asia; be it Lebanese, Chinese or Indians. All they do as managers is to make sure workers in the company puts in all the physical strength they possess until almost a point of death. In as much as this practice produces short term results, it has a long term effect in the growth of such organizations. I carefully studied a company that produces steel very close to ajaokuta steel company, the introduction of the company in that area brought lots of excitement and hope to people living around the area. But sooner than later their hopes and aspirations where cut shorts as Chinese managers were giving the mandate to manage the affairs of the company.

The managers thought they were being productive but the reality is that they were actually losing more than they thought they were getting. The company cannot boast of a staff working with them or rather working for them for as long as one year; all the company does is to continually repeat a particular process. The company hires a staff, trains the staff for a period of 3-6 months, worker then begins to work for them and normally after few months the worker becomes dissatisfied and quits his job. The company suffers another loss in training a new staff (loss in terms of time and money). They also suffer huge loss when the worker starts working for them because the new staff will need time to become an expert in the field after suffering all those losses just when it is time to start enjoying their reward the worker quits. Lastly the company suffers very big loss from product inconsistency which usually cost them about hundreds of thousands each week as customers are seen returning fake and unusable products.

Looking at all these I wonder why Nigeria entrepreneurs still prefers a Chinese or Indian manager over a Nigerian manager. If India was so good in managing then they would not be below Nigeria in the income per capita chart. If china was so good in management they would not be just 24 countries above Nigeria in the corruption index of transparency international. It is unfortunate that people like the Lebanese one of the smallest countries in the world and also among the poorest countries when compared with the income per capita is managing a Nigerian firm. I believe in the Nigerian manager and I am asking all Nigerians to sit up and tell these Asians that, hey apart from your white skin you are not better that me.
http://emmyjoach..com.ng/2015/10/it-is-timefor-nigeria-workers-to-offer.html

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Weekly From Football Betting / 5 Simple Steps For Creating A Beautiful 2016 / Skills Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.