Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,617 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (44510 Views)

Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics / "Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
Just resumed my new office last week o.

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

The man who has never disrespect me like that before shouted on me!!

Who owns the bag? he asked

repeat!!!! who owns the bag moscobabs?

Me: You sir!!!! I replied..

if it's me "why should u collect it from me?

Me: I just wanted to help u sir.

Y? ..... I couldn't respond .

I say why? ...meet me in office now!!!! he commanded .

We entered his office and he sat me down

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

I was like " ki la gbe, ki la ju" but I replied him by saying ....

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

I beg o Is anything wrong in what I did?

Is there any other reason for his reaction?

The man just dey look me somehow since morning

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by makelove2m(m): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
moscobabs:

My first time of working with White man sa (Lebanese) , The man is free and humble in fact everybody loves him, among other Lebanese my Boss is jovial, free and hardworking man.

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understand Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carry his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

bend it again and get fired,....................

457 Likes 27 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
makelove2m:

bend it again and get fired,....................

lol

its serious bro
lalasticla

Seun

1forall

Crazyman

1 Like

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by MrObontami(m): 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
MrObontami:
The greeks I'm working with won't even answer won't even answer you when you greet them. And if try to help them with their bags, laptop or bend and greet them you are a goner.

that's serious o

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Eddodoh(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
I will like to know the reason for their action

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by VampireeM(f): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
And the essence of this thread is??

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
Try am again na gun him go use shoot you. grin

7 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 4:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
VampireeM:
And the essence of this thread is??

and u must comment?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by ojmaroni247(m): 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bending is ur culture,carrying bag from seniors is ur home training, a typical Nigerian Boss would welcome such gesture, cuz dey love slave mentality. .... There are work ethics. The place u work ain't ur village or home. Everyone is suppose to carry thier bag except they call ur attention for assistance, doesn't matter if the person is higher or lower Dan u. The man already tink ur doing all Dat cuz he is ur Boss, and that's like eye service, jst for favors. An average Nigerian behaves Dat way tho, after escaping the struggle a. K . a OWU(Hunger) grin. Guy use ur head.

256 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by moscobabs(m): 6:21am On Nov 03, 2016
ojmaroni247:
Bending is ur culture,carrying bag from seniors is ur home training, a typical Nigerian Boss would welcome such gesture, cuz dey love slave mentality. .... There are work ethics. The place u work ain't ur village or home. Everyone is suppose to carry thier bag except they call ur attention for assistance, doesn't matter if the person is higher or lower Dan u. The man already tink ur doing all Dat cuz he is ur Boss, and that's like eye service, jst for favors. An average Nigerian behaves Dat way tho, after escaping the struggle a. K . a OWU(Hunger) grin. Guy use ur head.

thank. u but I never do for eye service sa.

other Bosses who are Lebanese do leave their bags for their juniors in other department although they have stayed long in Nigeria than my boss.

my boss is just a simple man ...u will just like to help him unconditionally

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Millz404(m): 7:06am On Nov 03, 2016
**** The highest i can greet anybody is good day, maybe add "sir" or "ma" if i am in a good mood pass d go my tin

U for kuku worship am na...

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by RichYoungNigga: 7:07am On Nov 03, 2016
What state are you from ??

I just accessed your level ****when you called a Lebanese man a 'white man"

You might as well call Chinese people white or Call Egyptians (Africans) white because their skin color is white

Secondly, why would you wanna carry someone's bag ??

Were you employed to carry bags ??

When i went to South Africa with my business partners, one elderly woman came to serve us in the hotel, she was kneeling down to serve us, mean, i got so angry and bitter that i called the hotel owner and gave him the hardest drilling of his life, why would you make our women your Slave ??

I think you should be fired and no company should hire you

116 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Princelegacylemoha(m): 7:07am On Nov 03, 2016
Why don't you better respect yourself !!

10 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by armadeo(m): 7:08am On Nov 03, 2016
For shizzy ma nizzy

Dude arrange yourself. You are working for a logical human now. Thank God it's not the Indians I heard they are slave drivers.

Dude he told you straight your job is your job not to carry load up and down.

Meanwhile for the bend down greeting thing. I am not a Yoruba but work in the environment and now it's almost a part of me. You must dobale to greet Ogas

But don't do that for a white man. He doesn't get it.

Lol.

19 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:08am On Nov 03, 2016
.he said u should stop, he doesn't like it... Yo don't need to know d reason behind his action...the last time I checked it none of ur business

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by jejemanito: 7:08am On Nov 03, 2016
grin grin
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by RichYoungNigga: 7:08am On Nov 03, 2016
Slave mentality

In the USA, your boss will be the first person to tell you good morning when you come to the office

You're very lucky i wasn't your boss, i would have beat the living daylights out of your brain and still fire you for being a fool

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:09am On Nov 03, 2016
Op r u sure u'r not a thief?
This made me laff

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by HabaSeun: 7:09am On Nov 03, 2016
moscobabs:

He has worked in 5 African countries so he understands Africa and her culture very well.

The real story....

I resumed very early this morning and I decided to wait in front of office before I start today's activities when I saw my boss coming down from his Truck carrying his bag , as a young Yoruba man that comes from good background ..lol So I ran to him and say Good morning sir (bend my head) and I stretch my hand to collect his bag.

The man who has never disrespect me like that before shouted on me!!

Me: I just wanted to help u sir.

Y? ..... I couldn't respond .

I say why? ...meet me in office now!!!! he commanded .

We entered his office and he sat me down

moscobabs, You were employed as so so so in this company not to carry bag, the bag belongs to me and I must carry it, also you always bend whenever you greet me...please its not necessary, in fact its not official, I just opportune to be your boss, you are married as I , You are graduate although you are younger than me but you have to attach respect to yourself.

I was like " ki la gbe, ki la ju" but I replied him by saying ....

Sir, I am african we have cultures and Traditions and parts of these is what I did, We respect our elders and seniors that's why we bend or prostrate while greeting and we do help them carry their loads even if we carry ours too.

And he responded with smiles...No problem But when next you greet me in such an embarrassing way or try to collect my bag I won't think twice before I sack you!!!

I beg o Is anything wrong in what I did?

Is there any other reason for his reaction?

The man just dey look me somehow since morning

Yes! You did everything wrong! Get rid of your slave mentality!!

Leave your yoruba culture out of this. angry

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Mrdecent(m): 7:09am On Nov 03, 2016
When I saw bend, my mind went straight to another thing. May God help me. Nairaland front page doesn't even help the matter. Leak this and this,Cleverage of this and that.. Expose boooobs of miss that.. O sun MI

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by amarachi06(f): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2016
You are mannered but it is not necessary in your working place. The man thinks by doing that, you will ask him for favour tomorrow and if you commit any offence, he will find it difficult to punish you.
He is not a Nigerian to understand, so for the sake of your dear ones at home, don't try it again.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by itsIYKE(m): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2016
you are working with a Lebanese and you are trying to show him Yoruba culture?..the Lebanese doesn't want that kind of attachment...that way he can fire you freely if u f**k up......continu am sure he has drafted your sack letter waiting for the next time you ll loose your composure

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by HomesOfLife(m): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2016
J
Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Costello559(m): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2016
Lol.... Don't bend again ooo... That's their way of life... Even in china... You hardly spot wealthy ones among them..

5 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by emymeeky: 7:10am On Nov 03, 2016
Haha hahaha

He has worked in 5 African countries but he hasn't worked with a Yoruba.

Why should you help me with my bag ... Am I handicapped? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by donfemo(m): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2016
You are in a professional environment stop all the culture crap. Sometimes its even eye service if you hate the boss you will still prostrate and help him collect his bag. Above all understand who you are working with and learn from colleagues that have been there before you. Dont go and do too much.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by TruthHurts1(m): 7:11am On Nov 03, 2016
When will our people stop being so ignorant?! He's not a WHITE MAN. He's an ARAB for fvcks sake!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag by Jobsdome: 7:11am On Nov 03, 2016
LOL Cultural differences

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Union Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Union Bank Pay? / Kehinde, Yetunde Longe: Husband, Wife Decorated As Commissioners Of Police / Disabled Man In Kaduna Working As A Labourer At A Site (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.