Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,036 members, 7,838,586 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies (1202 Views)

82-year-old Man Remanded For N41m Fraud In Oyo / Oriyomi Hamzat Arrested And Arraigned For Murder Of 17-Year-Old Boy / Man, 27, Remanded For Biting Off Police Officer’s Ear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies by obia62: 12:20am On Oct 30, 2015
FILE PHOTO: A cultist killed by a rival group
Thirteen suspected cultists, who allegedly murdered two men before dumping their bodies in a river, were on Thursday in Lagos remanded in Ikoyi Prisons.
An Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court which rejected their plea, said they should be kept behind bars pending advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
The accused are: Ismail Bello, 26; Shola Jaiyeola, 28; Kabiru Wahab, 23; Akeem Adeyemo, 36; Monsuru Ojopagogon, 29; David Lasisi, 35 and Bayo Bakare, 30.
Others are Daniel Yosue, 30; Ademola Ayelabowo, 27; Joshua Udoh, 20; Daniel Adeyemi, 28; Saheed Mohammed, 25; and Wasiu Aborisade, 40.
NAN reports that the 13 accused are facing a six-count charge bordering on conspiracy, murder, membership of unlawful society, breach of peace and causing grievous harm.
According to the prosecutor, Cpl. Iyobosa Onaiwu, the offences were committed on Sept. 27 at about 9.00 p.m. at Maidan Junction, Mile 12, Lagos.
Two of the accused — Mohammed and Adeyemi — allegedly killed one Tunde and Okesola Yusuf before dumping their bodies in the Maidan River in Mile 12, he said.
Onaiwu said the accused, believed to be members of Eye Confraternity and Federal Boys cult, had been terrorising the public and dispossessing them of their valuables.
Among the dangerous weapons found in their possession were a jack knife, cutlasses and matchets.
“Olalekan Olatoye was stabbed on the abdomen, while the throat of Babatunde Rilwan was slit.”
Onaiwu noted that the offences violated Sections 41, 42, 221 and 231 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
NAN also reports that the accused may be sentenced to life imprisonment on conviction.
The Magistrate, Mrs B.O. Ope-Agbe adjourned the case to November 16.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/29/lagos-13-cultists-remanded-for-murder-dumping-of-bodies/

Re: Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies by menix(m): 12:42am On Oct 30, 2015
When I saw the names read out I just knew the group behind it..

Nah God go fit help our society cous the way it's going, the street will be fully Militarized by 2022 if nothing is done to nip this menace at the bud...

1 Like

Re: Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies by Khd95(m): 12:49am On Oct 30, 2015
Igbo bois wit yoruba namesgrin.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies by edgyslim: 1:35am On Oct 30, 2015
I just saw that a 40year old man was also one of the cultists. Damn Shame.
Re: Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2015
Nna, what is this world turning to sef?
Re: Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies by Shehucom(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2015
Upon being a member of a useless cult group, how many of them has successfully become rich or can afford to buy a car. Don't these guys think of tomorrow? Why do they derive joy in thuggery and constituting menace to the society, if these guys are so hungry for *sharing* blood, why don't they join the army, carry guns or any weapon of thier choice and face Boko haram
Re: Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies by obia62: 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
Khd95:
Igbo bois wit yoruba namesgrin.

grin grin
Re: Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
Stop killing and making troubles. Start making money and becoming great people.Youth of this nation wake up and start to take your place in governance.You guys have susscceded in voting for Old men and now they have taken your positions,scattering the nation their own way. And you have resulted to nothing,but killing yourselves. Cultism won't help you,instead it destroys you.
Re: Lagos: 13 Cultists Remanded For Murder, Dumping Of Bodies by Joshua1615: 12:19am On Oct 12, 2017
Pls let not listen to what the media and the police say for there are the main source of all this trash,My name is Joshua udoh,i was joined to that case,to God who made me I am not a cultist and never had hand in such,all the guys you since in that case are OPC only 3 eye and two none belonging n that me(joshua udoh) n Daniel yosue.i happened to join that mess on Oct 11,while I just return from churc,i was inside my house when this eye guy that use to treaten me ryt from secondary school,my dad has reported a case where me n dis guy name adeyemi daniel had a fight that he stab me and hit me with jaz n ran away n can u belive what the police say to him, they said that he should go n look for the guy,that sunday oct11 this same guy was actually forcing my junior bro to give him money and wanted to stab him before I came out, that it turned to me n him,to be hornest I beat d guy n tried stabing but he had jaz on him that made the knife no penetrate him n that how my dad called d police and that same police incharge of the first case file was there but pretented not to hear my dad and that how I was joined into the mess, abeg make una fear the police people they are bad,the take bribe from this guy's n let them go.that all I have to say,do not judge a book by it cover.

(1) (Reply)

Okonkwo Chukwudi Samuel A Notorious Armed Robber Escape Police Net (PHOTOS) / Breaking News! Priest Caught In The Act With A 16 Year Old Girl (video) / Pastor keeps 30 teenagers at home as sex slaves (Photo) -Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.