Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? (2405 Views)

See Photos From Superlative 1-year-old Birthday Party Of An Edo Prince / The Typical Body Figure Of An Edo Girl / Ikwerre Language Is An Edo Dialect And Not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 30, 2015
I have been looking for a wrapper to go with my beads for my wedding but can't find anything. I am Black American. Do you think my Bini man will like this dress for our wedding day in USA?

Re: Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? by nnachukz(m): 4:48am On Oct 30, 2015
Ask him.
Re: Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? by Nobody: 4:57am On Oct 30, 2015
nnachukz:
Ask him.

Lol a man should only see the dress on the day. wink
Re: Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? by Mynd44: 5:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Ask him to introduce you to someone around that knows about traditional Benin dressing.

FYI, that dress looks good on you but if you want to go traditional, you need help from someone you can meet and talk to
Re: Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 30, 2015
That isn't me. That is from the website. I want to order it so it will arrive in time but I am not sure how strict the attire is. Does the dress absolutely have to be red? What about the beading? All those questions. Will the white and gold look good with the coral beads? Etc. I want him to be wowed away but still honor his culture.
Re: Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? by stonecoldcafe: 8:44am On Jan 12, 2016
tomyka81:
That isn't me. That is from the website. I want to order it so it will arrive in time but I am not sure how strict the attire is. Does the dress absolutely have to be red? What about the beading? All those questions. Will the white and gold look good with the coral beads? Etc. I want him to be wowed away but still honor his culture.

That is an idea of how you should look. You cannot achieve it on your own. Ask your husband or his sisters/female cousins (if they live there too) to introduce you to people that can help. You can find more inspiration on the Bella Naija page below:

http://www.bellanaija.com/2013/10/bn-bridal-beauty-edo-brides-in-beautiful-beaded-benin-wedding-attire/

Don't sweat it if you cant get the complete attire like the beaded headgear or a red wrapper. Being married to the special man is all that counts at the end of the day. Congrats if you have already done your marriage. Perhaps the page can still give you more ideas for future events.

Oba ato kpeye ese!! (ask your husband or fiance what that means)

Re: Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
stonecoldcafe:

That is an idea of how you should look. You cannot achieve it on your own. Ask your husband or his sisters/female cousins (if they live there too) to introduce you to people that can help. You can find more inspiration on the Bella Naija page below:

http://www.bellanaija.com/2013/10/bn-bridal-beauty-edo-brides-in-beautiful-beaded-benin-wedding-attire/

Don't sweat it if you cant get the complete attire like the beaded headgear or a red wrapper. Being married to the special man is all that counts at the end of the day. Congrats if you have already done your marriage. Perhaps the page can still give you more ideas for future events.

Thanks I have my beads already. I got them last summer. Just didn't get the wrapper.thanks. I will ask him what that means.

1 Like

Re: Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
stonecoldcafe:

Long live the king. Oba gua atokpere esse (I hope I remembered it correctly)

1 Like

Re: Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad? by stonecoldcafe: 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
tomyka81:

Long live the king. Oba gua atokpere esse (I hope I remembered it correctly)

Yes, yes! Well done.

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Sometimes Receive Wealth From Aje Olokun Through Ladies / First Ibadan Man To Become A Graduate Was Also A King & A Pastor ( Oba Akinye ) / Ask A Somali Girl!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.