Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) (24552 Views)

Bayelsa SS1 Schoolgirl Stabs Classmate In Eye For Refusing To Join Cult (Graphic / I Used To Conjure Knives From The Air ―teenage Suspect (pic) / 11-yr-old Threatened To Report Me If I Didn’t Have Sex With Her —suspect (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by dre11(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2015
By Ebere Aham
LAGOS—A suspected member of Buccaneer Confraternity has revealed that his fellow cultists kidnapped him for purposes of initiating him into the cult group.
The suspect, 20-year-old Damilola Adeyemi, who was paraded at Lagos State police command, Ikeja alongside four others, said: “I was kidnapped and initiated by some of the members of Buccaneer cult group in 2011 in Lagos.

‘’They had been asking me ever since I gained admission to join them but I refused as I come from a Christian home and my mother is very prayerful. I was kidnapped at Ebute-Metta and taken for their initiation which looked like a normal night party.
‘’On that day, drinks were shared and I was told that as soon as I took the drink, I was initiated and part of them. I am done with my ND at Lagos State Polytechnic, Annex where I studied Business Administration.
‘’I work as an Office Assistant on Victoria Island. I was arrested very early in the morning when the police found Ibrahim’s locally made gun in my room after I denied him in their presence. We do not kill people. I am not proud of my actions.

’My advice to other people is that they should be far from things like this and report to the authorities when they are threatened to join any cult group. I was not kidnapped for ransom or for killing.’’
Other suspects paraded alongside Damilola Adeyemi were Wasiu Olayola, Ibrahim Oyelakin and Abiola Alfred.
While parading the suspected cultists, the Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said the cultists, who were arrested last Tuesday, were responsible for fuelling fights and having clashes with other cultists in the area.

Confession
25-year-old Wasiu Olayola recounted his exploits as a cultist: “I belong to Eiye confraternity while my colleagues belong to Buccaneer Confraternity. They are my friends as we all reside on the same street on the Lagos Island.
‘’Last Tuesday, at about 6 am, Ibrahim, who is my junior mate in the cult, called me on phone that he has a locally made gun that he wants to sell. I reprimanded him and told him that he should not involve himself in such any more.

‘’He told me to come and meet him. On my way to meeting him, the police arrested me. I was arrested at exactly 6:30 am. I am already a graduate and I do not belong to a cult group anymore. I used to be a cultist in Yabatech where I studied Marketing but I am not one of them again. I graduated in 2014. My mother is late and my father remarried before she even died.”

In his defence, another suspect, Ibrahim Oyelakin, said: “I was arrested because of gun issue. I gave Damilola a gun to keep for me. I was fighting someone. I am a Buccaneer cultist. I am a cultist from Lagos State Polytechnic where I am in ND 2 studying Computer Science. My parents do not know that I am a cultist. I joined cult in 2012. When I was initiated, I just bought drinks for our Oga and others in school. We do not kill people in our cult. We just fight with someone or other cults. We defend our members when fight issues come up and it is a thing of pride to be a cultist as no one can intimidate you in school and even outside. I did not gain anything as a cultist. It is a bad thing. I wanted to leave before I was arrested. I now know that cultism isn’t good. I advise others still engaged in it to leave cultism.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/i-was-kidnapped-to-join-cult-suspect/

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Mayor21(m): 9:16am On Oct 30, 2015
Youths will never learn... SHUN CULTISM!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Islie: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2015
The suspect, 20-year-old Damilola Adeyemi, who was paraded at Lagos State police command,
Ikeja alongside four others, said: “I was kidnapped and initiated by some of the members of Buccaneer cult group in 2011 in Lagos.

if you didn't position yourself to be kidnapped.... you won't be.

when someone start dinning with them and feeling among.... why won't they ask you or force you to join them.

Bible says evil association corrupt the mind. you associate with them.... they will definitely lure you if what he said is true sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by osemoses1234(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2015
Tell dem
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Tunami(m): 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
dem dey learn work dem neva chichunchin after police deal with dem dem go melo
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by seangy4konji: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Awon wehrey.

Break their balls and cook it for them to eat.

People are hustling day and night to get that paper you are still doing cultism at this hour of the century.

Shameless idiots.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by dihalao(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
We never learn, thats our problem, let them pay for it
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Bonapart(m): 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
Cooked lies

1 Like

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by onajison(m): 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
Uwiiiii
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
What should i type now? Abegi make everybody just dey careful.
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by EbirichBen(m): 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Na Big Lie
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by damton(m): 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
It's too late to give excuses. The bottomline, Cultism is a crime. Hope they learn from this.
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Richie0974: 1:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sometimes you read something online and you're like 'are this people blind and deaf ' with all the killings going on amongst cultists some still refuse to listen and see it as a thing of pride to be a cultist, I pity their lives.
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by moscobabs(m): 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
I was kidnapped too in 2002 in poly Ibadan but I never joined them . but I lost something special to me sa. now I'm still alive to tell the story.
no excuse in joining cultist o

7 Likes

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Ne0w1zarD: 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
[size=16pt]
How To Get Etisalat 150mb Every Month For 12months - http://www.supremewap.com/2015/10/get-etisalat-150mb-every-month-for.html
[/size]
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lol very f00lish tale.

One would expect that to be kidnap would require you either have what some people want or you're an accessory to what they want.

This dude looks broke.

This dude would get wacked easily in a fist fight.

He doesn't appear to be a son of an important figure.

So why would someone want to kidnap you when people file application for membership in hundreds and some begging with cash in hand?

They should lock him up and throw away the keys. Or BaN sues his stupid arse but where e wan see money pay for defamation?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Smartresult(f): 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
Bukola Saraki and the apc, APC Crises

Apc crises
Why the trouble in the ruling all progressive congress, will apc be better than the people’s Democratic Party. In 1999 when Nigerian came under democracy the ruling party then pdp, was very much united and the party body as the final say unlike what we are now seeing in the all progress congress. The whole senate president is n mess with his party chieftain and the presidency continue to play I don’t care attitude.
We all know what tore the people democratic party, it was internal crises, in fact most Nigerians know that pdp was the problem of pdp and pdp destroy itself,. If without the contribution of key pdp figures like Rotimi Ameachi, former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Rabilu Musa Kwankwaso, the then new pdp senators and members of the lower chamber, the contribution of the g7 governors as well continue reading
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Seunaj05(m): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
I strongly disagree with him @ the point where he said "BEING A CULTIST IS A THING OF PRIDE" ao many disagrees?
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Oceemo(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
Oga
U
Done
Enter
Hand
Stop
Telling
Lies
U
Paid
To
Get
Innitiated
Into
Cult
Group
The
Era
Of
Force
Initiation
Is
For
Wole
Soyinka
Mayb
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by kilode100(f): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
Islie:

if you didn't position yourself to be kidnapped.... you won't be.

when someone start dinning with them and feeling among.... why won't they ask you or force you to join them.

Bible says evil association corrupt the mind. you associate with them.... they will definitely lure you if what he said is true sha

You are very correct Uncle. Na so dem lure me into lesbianism and ashawo work but I don stop now but at time the urge dey dey their

12 Likes

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Awoofawo(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
Make dem treat deir fvckup jare! Dem go play yeye innocent card when the law catchup wit dem!
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by miqos02(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
sorry
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by BigElEddy(m): 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
First suspect is lying. Buccaneer does not kidnap anybody. Buccaneer is the biggest con fraternity in Nigeria. Buccaneer only take students ( at least year 2 ) or educated or successful men ( no bitches allowed grin ). People even get rejected with money in their hands begging. Joining will cost you at least N50,000 ( ie if you have a very connected godfather and still in school ). It could cost you up to N150,000 if you are a graduate or even more.
Buccaneer aint a cult it is a registered con fraternity in Nigeria under Buccaneers Association of Nigeria (BAN).
Buccaneer aint down for dirty street sh!t like the rest of them but will give you hardcore if you bring it their way.
One head of an of a Buccaneer is worth at least nine of whoever (ie if you kill 1, at least 9 of you are used to send him to Alora to finally rest in peace ).

For the rest of the suspects, sounds perfectly true cheesy

9 Likes

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Creamybabe(f): 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
Why should they involve in such crime?
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by AkwaIbomrep1: 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
dre11:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/i-was-kidnapped-to-join-cult-suspect/

bla bla bla bla bla ,idad.... Repent, the time is over, we're now in assessment period, the son of man ''Jesus christ of nazareth'' is coming sooner than expected ...''invest in Akwa ibom ''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 30, 2015
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by EmmanuelDon7(m): 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
May God rescue u from d hands of d wicked. Like if u agree wif me
Re: I Was Kidnapped To Join Cult —suspect (pic) by wellmax(m): 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
Story for the gods

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beulah, Teenage Girl Declared Missing In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Yahoo Boy Arrested And Jailed Over N150k Fraud (Photo) / Man Arrested For Giving Out Fake Degree Certificates To Students In PH (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.