Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation (1246 Views)

Memoir Of A Sex Slave [struggle For Survival] / Damaged Butterfly / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation by mcdokwe(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
The spider; its web, the butterfly, the struggle for survival and the beauty of creation
I woke up this morning and to behold the sight of a butterfly caught in a web, it danced and shook the web, hoping to wriggle free from it while the spider, smaller in comparism stood at a distance, obviously working to keep the butterfly trapped. The butterfly would rest intermittently after each round of struggle and would appear it has given up only for it to resume the fight once the spider comes near apparently with the desire to go for the kill, forcing the spider to retreat to a safe distance.
I was tempted to free the butterfly but resisted the urge with the conviction that it should earn its freedom or should it fail, the spider should earn its meal. I was deeply convinced that if it ever makes it through, it would consider it a real battle and would relish telling the story all the days of its life and the body definitely would tell a story or two because it won’t remain the same for sure. The web on the other hand would feel the impact whether or not it ends up capturing the butterfly. I was deeply thrilled by the struggle and intended seeing it all were it not for the fact that I had my own battles to fight and meal to earn. So with that, I left for the kitchen and bath knowing that the end would definitely tell the story of who won the battle.
Moments later, I came back to discover that the butterfly is gone. I felt sad for the spider but at the same time happy for the butterfly that it made it through and then on a closer look observed the activity going on in the web. The damage was enormous but the spider spent no time in trying to fix it. From its movement from the middle to the different ends of the web, the spider recreates the web, entirely replacing the older strings with new ones and would such skills that would amaze one.
The loss of the first battle didn’t dampen its spirit neither did it rely on non-existing external aid to build its web or trap its food. It didn’t give up on sighting the size of the butterfly, it didn’t rest on its oars hoping that a smaller catch would be securely trapped on what is on ground, and neither did it depend on the old strings to strengthen its web.
Everything it needed it got from the inside.
Why?
Why should you and I spend a lifetime bemoaning the loss of previous effort?
Why should we wait for someone to kill our fishes?
Why should we not develop what is in us and deploy it to make our daily struggles worth the while?
If we are the spider,
Why should we give in to circumstances and not give that additional push every now and then for survival?
Why should we not give a fight even when the strings that bind seem not to be yielding?
From my observation today, i left for my workplace inspired with the knowledge that creation imbibed in us all, the needed tools to survive, and that victory is better savoured when it is earned and not handed over. Sometimes all that is required here and there is a little honing.
I also learnt that judging ourselves by previous failures and dwelling on them is counterproductive.
Re: The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation by Dbestmax(m): 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
[size=15pt] I think I like this...kudos[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
quite inspiring....
Re: The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation by mcdokwe(m): 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
Which mod moved my content here? I posted it at the Job section for a purpose.

(1) (Reply)

Top 3 Competition Blogs In Nigeria / The Definition Of A True Woman / 'Satanic Verses' Book By Salman Rushdie In Ikeja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.