Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

People Called Ben Carson 'Uncle Tom' Then He Schooled Them In True Carson Form - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / People Called Ben Carson 'Uncle Tom' Then He Schooled Them In True Carson Form (572 Views)

Why Do Blacks Disrespect Ben Carson? / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

People Called Ben Carson 'Uncle Tom' Then He Schooled Them In True Carson Form by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
People Called Dr. Ben Carson a Traitor to Black Americans – Then He Schooled Them in True Carson Form
By Rusty Weiss

Conservative presidential candidate, Ben Carson, visited the heart of Harlem and turned back charges that a black Republican can only be classified as an 'Uncle Tom.'

And he did it in a way that only Carson could – through soft-spoken, cold, hard facts.

The retired neurosurgeon used his calm demeanour to eviscerate the name-calling and finger-pointing, and told the black community that "they need to actually listen not only to what I'm saying, but look at my life and look at what’s been done."

Ben Carson might be soft-spoken, but when he hits back against accusations he’s an "Uncle Tom" or some kind of traitor to black Americans, his message speaks volumes.

And he brought that message to the heart of Harlem on Wednesday.

"What I feel, instead of people pointing fingers at each other and just creating strife, what we need to be talking about is how do we solve the problem in the black community of murder," Carson told reporters in front of the landmark Sylvia’s Restaurant.

"For a young black male, in the inner city, homicide is the most likely cause of death. That’s ridiculous.

"I'd say they need to actually listen not only to what I'm saying, but look at my life and look at what’s been done," the retired neurosurgeon told reporters. "It is the things that have been done that elevate people. Not things that impress people and make them dependent."

Carson went on to explain to the African-American community that they've been duped into thinking Democrats care about their well-being, citing a statement once uttered by a progressive hero.

"Well, I think it is because the Democratic Party has ascribed to the Lyndon Johnson philosophy. I don’t know if you know, but Lyndon Johnson said, 'If you give those N-words such and such, they’ll vote for us for the next 200 years,'" he explained.

Carson finished by saying the Republican party just needs to articulate their platforms on lifting the black community out of poverty as opposed to leaving them dependent on social programs.

"What the Republican Party needs to do is come out and discuss more the kinds of relationships and the programs that will actually bring people out of poverty," he explained. "That will also give them the ability to use their God-given talents to rise rather than to simply be satisfied in a dependent position in society."

http://www.headlinepolitics.com/people-called-dr-ben-carson-a-traitor-to-black-americans-then-he-schooled-them-in-true-carson-form/

(1) (Reply)

Netherlands To Shut Prisons: No Prisoners! / Obama Dreams Of Opening A T-shirt Shack In Hawaii After He Leaves The Presidency / Violence Against Blacks In USA- My Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.