Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages (5524 Views)

How To Retract Whatsapp Messages At Anytime Even After A Week! / Why You Should Always Pick Your Friends Call(moral Lesson) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by jimfend: 1:26am On Oct 31, 2015
As we all may already know, Whatsapp now has a feature that allows the sender of a whatsapp message to know when his/her message is read by the receiver.

The message sender knows that his/her message is read by the reciever when the double check icon in the bottom-right corner of the Whatsapp message bubble changes from gray to blue.

This might seem like a good feature. It makes it easier to keep track of a conversation on Whatsapp. But, some users (myself included) feel that this feature is a privacy breach. Thankfully, there is an option to disable it, even though there is a tradeoff.

Read more: http://viewslog.com/discussion/319/how-to-stop-your-friends-from-knowing-that-you-have-read-their-whatsapp-messages

[size=17pt]Update:
How to hide your Last seen time in Whatsapp
[/size]
http://viewslog.com/discussion/320/how-to-hide-your-last-seen-time-in-whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by Marvellouzkk(f): 1:36am On Oct 31, 2015
how?
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by Mekky05(m): 1:36am On Oct 31, 2015
Op, how much you go pay lemme teach you how to hide your "last seen" in whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by NigerianDiamond(m): 2:15am On Oct 31, 2015
Mekky05:
Op, how much you go pay lemme teach you how to hide your "last seen" in whatsapp.

how?
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by IceDude(m): 3:54am On Oct 31, 2015
Mekky05:
Guy teach me na.......i go arrange one fine shenkes give u grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by Agunnewi: 4:22am On Oct 31, 2015
It's not a one way thing beware !!!

If you disable read recipients on your Whatsapp, you'll also not be able to see receipts for messages sent by you. If you want to see blue tick marks on messages sent by you, then you must allow others to see blue tick marks when you read their messages. So it's like give and take. Quite unfortunate, isn't it?

22 Likes

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by ElDaIllest(m): 5:37am On Oct 31, 2015
Story,yea I'll read the message and don't reply so you'll know I'm ignoring you,make im pain you wella that's how we roll B-)

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by trapQ: 5:46am On Oct 31, 2015
I knew this long ago
Mekky05:

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by wordcat(m): 5:57am On Oct 31, 2015
It will also hide ur last seen but the its fault is that you will not see others double thick and last seen as well.
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by slyng(m): 6:46am On Oct 31, 2015
It's as easy as preparing garri to drink. Just off ur data and read ur messages,exit whatsapp and go bak online. Read oo, last seen oo only get updated wen u are on whatsap/online

6 Likes

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by Mcbussy(m): 7:18am On Oct 31, 2015
Agunnewi:
It's not a one way thing beware !!!

If you disable read recipients on your Whatsapp, you'll also not be able to see receipts for messages sent by you. If you want to see blue tick marks on messages sent by you, then you must allow others to see blue tick marks when you read their messages. So it's like give and take. Quite unfortunate, isn't it?

It's not unfortunate, it's actually the right thing. If your privacy is so important to u, you should respect other people's privacy too. If u decide u don't want pple to see ur online/activity status, then you shouldn't see other pples online status too.

Facebook pple get sense I swear. grin

6 Likes

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by xabi2(m): 7:49am On Oct 31, 2015
grin the easiest way is to "NOT READ THE MESSAGE.Why read it and then don't want the sender to knowis that reasonable

2 Likes

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by wordbank(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2015
It's just all d same
Whatever u disable affects both parties
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by jimfend: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2015
Mekky05:
Check update.
http://viewslog.com/discussion/320/how-to-hide-your-last-seen-time-in-whatsapp
Lol! grin
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by jimfend: 8:10am On Oct 31, 2015
slyng:
It's as easy as preparing garri to drink. Just off ur data and read ur messages,exit whatsapp and go bak online. Read oo, last seen oo only get updated wen u are on whatsap/online

Long process.
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by jimfend: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2015
Marvellouzkk:
how?
visit the link given to know how
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by Mekky05(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2015
NigerianDiamond:

how?
Go to settings>account>privacy settings>visibility>set it to nobody. You won't see other peoples last seen and they won't see yours.

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by Mekky05(m): 9:16am On Oct 31, 2015
IceDude:
Guy teach me na.......i go arrange one fine shenkes give u grin
settings>account>privacy settings>visibility>set it to nobody. You won't see other peoples last seen and they won't see yours.
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2015
There's a way to see if others have read your messages without them knowing you have read theirs.
Simply download any WhatsApp mod with that feature.
Here's the link.

Enjoy
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by IceDude(m): 11:05am On Oct 31, 2015
Mekky05:
settings>account>privacy settings>visibility>set it to nobody. You won't see other peoples last seen and they won't see yours.
Thanks.....I wish i could see theirs while i remain on ghost mode cry
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by NigerianDiamond(m): 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mekky05:
Go to settings>account>privacy settings>visibility>set it to nobody. You won't see other peoples last seen and they won't see yours.

Thanks!
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by Nemesis99(m): 6:37am On Nov 01, 2015
Why would i hide it from my contqct that i have read his or her msg? I dey fear them?
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by Youngpo413: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2015
Rubbish
Re: Stop Your Friends From Knowing That You Have Read Their Whatsapp Messages by stinggy(m): 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
ElDaIllest:
Story,yea I'll read the message and don't reply so you'll know I'm ignoring you,make im pain you wella that's how we roll B-)
cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Is Giving Free 1GB To Subscribers / F7 Stock Rom / I Have Upgraded My M2 To 4.4 Kitkat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.