Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,858 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Panic In Ebonyi Over Relocation Of Boko Haram Prisoners To Abakaliki - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Panic In Ebonyi Over Relocation Of Boko Haram Prisoners To Abakaliki (358 Views)

Roban Stores Opens In Abakaliki(photos) / Woman Electrocuted In Ebonyi State (disturbing Photos) / Panic In Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge As Man Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic In Ebonyi Over Relocation Of Boko Haram Prisoners To Abakaliki by abagram(m): 5:24am On Oct 31, 2015
There was panic in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State capital over al­leged relocation of Boko Haram prisoners from Ekwulobia, Anambra State to Abakaliki prisons.

Ebonyi residents woke up with great fears when news of al­leged relocation of the 47 Boko Haram suspects filtered into town. Though Governor Dave Umahi swiftly dispelled the ru­mour, Abakaliki residents were already spoiling for protest.

According to the Governor; “I received a text message shortly after I returned to Abakaliki from my trip to Israel that Boko Haram suspects previously re­located to Ekwulobia Prison in Anambra State have been relo­cated to Abakaliki Prison.

“Immediately I got the text massage, I made some calls and I can tell you authoritatively that Boko Haram suspects were not relocated to Abakaliki and there are no plans for such relocation. Ebonyi State is not yet ripe to ac­commodate such high caliber of prison inmates”.

It was further gathered that the alleged relocation of the Boko Haram suspects from Ekwulo­bia Prisons in Anambra state to an undisclosed destination in the country may have triggered the suspicion that the dreaded sect members may have been trans­fered to Abakaliki prison.

Recall that there were about 134 inmates at the Ekwulobia prison before the 47 Boko Ha­ram prisoners were brought in the night of Sunday, June 28, 2015 amidst tight security.

A reliable source revealed that the suspects had arrived the Abakaliki prisons last night in four trucks heavily guarded by security operatives mainly sol­diers.

The Ebonyi state Police Com­missioner, Peace Ibekwe Abdal­lah stated that>>>
source:http://abagram..com.ng/2015/10/panic-in-ebonyi-over-relocation-of-boko.html

Re: Panic In Ebonyi Over Relocation Of Boko Haram Prisoners To Abakaliki by whirlwind7(m): 5:28am On Oct 31, 2015
What could be the rationale behind any relocation to Ebonyi state? Perhaps it has a maximum prison, and better fortified than the one in Ekwulobia?
Well, the state governor has made it clear that it didn't happen, so what led to the speculation and panic?
Re: Panic In Ebonyi Over Relocation Of Boko Haram Prisoners To Abakaliki by nnachukz(m): 5:36am On Oct 31, 2015
Ebonyi has the biggest Islamic center in the whole of South East. Maybe something is being planned behind the scene. Though I doubt the source of this info.
Re: Panic In Ebonyi Over Relocation Of Boko Haram Prisoners To Abakaliki by menix(m): 5:43am On Oct 31, 2015
If they re looking for fortified Prisons they should be brought to Kirikiri Maximum.

Today kirikiri prisons enjoy the protection of NA nd the NN that has a fence dividing the maximum prison nd their amour depot.

FG plan to send Boko to the East would be a futile one.
Re: Panic In Ebonyi Over Relocation Of Boko Haram Prisoners To Abakaliki by ElDaIllest(m): 6:51am On Oct 31, 2015
Na to just go buy c*ck-and-shoot keep for house oo,no time for long story
Re: Panic In Ebonyi Over Relocation Of Boko Haram Prisoners To Abakaliki by ElDaIllest(m): 6:52am On Oct 31, 2015
Na to just go buy cock-and-shoot keep for house oo,no time for long story,cos Nigeria have made everybody want to turn to sniper from the convinience of your home

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Sexual Issues? We Can Help You / White High Gloss K I T C H E N / #whatisduse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.