Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. (3146 Views)

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Sexualization Of Kids..as A Parent Please Read This !!! / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by 5minsmadness: 5:53am On Oct 31, 2015
As I waited in the departure lounge of a local airport, I noticed there were many children about but it was understandable since it was summer holiday. One other thing I noticed was the way most of the children were dressed. Most of them, especially the girls, were dressed in bum shorts, halter necks, cut off jeans, etc. The clothes in themselves weren't the issue per se; it was the overall look of the children that had me bothered.
That was definitely not the first time I noticed it.
A few months before, I had taken my kids to a birthday party and found myself in what could easily have been anight club for kids. Scanty clothing such as tight or very short clothes, bum shorts, long weaves, etc, seemed to be the dress code. I noticed my
daughter glancing around her,
probably wondering, "What in God's world are these other children wearing?" Or something like that. Not long after, the kids were called out to dance to the hit songs of the season - these songs in my opinion should be rated PG 13. 4-6 year olds trooped to the dance floor, miming the sexually explicit songs and gyrating their bodies in the most sensual manner.
They could have given Beyonce a run for her money. They ran their hands over their bodies, shook their booties hard while Their PARENTS CHEERED them on. The boys had their upper shirts unbuttoned and rapped along perfectly to gangsta raps while doing dlawless break dance. Those who danced like actual children where shooed off the dance floor while the lewd ones were cheered on. As I watched, my child stared out of this circle looking longingly at the others dancing. I knew it was time to leave.
As we left, we went to an eatery where I bought them ice cream and gently explained to them the concept of decency and dancing with decorum.

Another time, at a game arcade for kids, I ran into a lady who had made-up her kids' faces like they were mannequins for Tara or Mac beauty products.
Their skirts were so tight, that running up
and down the slide was uncomfortable for them.
So the question is, why are we sexualizing our kids? Why does
your 4, 6 or 9 year old girl have to look like a chick? Why does she
have to be hot or sexy? Should your 8 year old son go around with
a comb in his hair and his pants sagged almost to his ankles? If
your child wears bum shorts out of the house at age 3, why should
she be expected to wear longer ones at 15? If she wears 2 rings
and 12 bangles at 6, why won't she pierce a second ear hole at 17
and her bellybutton at 19? Why won't your son pierce his own ear
at 15? Are you setting your children up to be immodest and
indecent? What trend are you starting them on? That all these are
fashionable or trendy doesn't mean it's ok. Some parents even
dress their children like this to church. Church! What are you
teaching the child? What happened to children wearing dresses to
church? Children can look very nice and decent, they can be well
covered and still look good. In this age, when children are being
abused, is it wise to make your child an object of anyone's sexual
attention?
When I hear some children belt out sexually explicit lyrics, I ask
myself how they became exposed to this songs! As a parent, you
can't play the CD of such songs and not expect your children to
pick them up; the same goes for watching Mtv Base, Channel O,
etc with your children.
Studies have shown that children exposed to a high level of sexually explicit information tend to become sexually active early.
Is that your goal as a parent? Being a Parent involves sacrifice.
You will need to avoid listening to such music where your children are. Most of those lyrics demean women and teach your daughter
that she's just a intimacy gadget and her body is for squeezing. It teaches
the boys that money is everything and women are things to be used to satisfy their primal urges. These music introduces them to a degrading pop culture.
Our children have their lives ahead of them, let's set them on the right path by teaching them to dress decently.

Written by oluseye igbafe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by 5minsmadness: 5:55am On Oct 31, 2015

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ngasky(m): 6:18am On Oct 31, 2015
societal problem. and the same parents will cry tomorrow of the lack of decency in the society
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by ephemm(m): 6:27am On Oct 31, 2015
Proverb 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he/she should go; even when he/she is old he/she will not depart from it.

most times, we are the cause of our problems, but we are always quick to blame it on any other person except ourself.

1 Like

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Captainswag225(m): 6:56am On Oct 31, 2015
Op, the problem is that parental control on their is almost zero now. Some parents don't even have time to interact with their kids to know their challenges and how to help them out.......so these kids also do what they like...the truth the influence of the western culture is causing a great harm to our kidz

1 Like

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by defendedvictim(m): 7:18am On Oct 31, 2015
True. The level of immorality is really on the high; as everything is fast becoming sexually suggestive. At some point, we myt nt be able to control what our kids listen to, as d videoshop next door keeps blasting d 'happening' music, and all of dat. Civilization and modernity is cool; but we still have a responsibility of raising moral kids...
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by 5minsmadness: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
When most of the parents are kids themselves and know nothing about responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Captainswag225(m): 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
5minsmadness:
When most of the parents are kids themselves and know nothing about responsibility.
its never too late to learn. They can be responsible if they want to.
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
Lord have mercy. 5minsmadness what are you on about? This thread has been thoroughly overflogged and everyone's conclusion is TO EACH HER OWN

1 Like

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Lord have mercy. minsmadness what are you on about? This thread has been thoroughly overflogged and everyone's conclusion is TO EACH HER OWN

Aww is that North?

CUTE!

My Girls have same tutus .

1 Like

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

Aww is that North?

CUTE!

My Girls have same tutus .
yes she's the one o.I liked the gown on her and I know it WIll fit wura for kiddies Xmas parry in her school that's why I just saved the picture when I saw it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
yes she's the one o.I liked the gown on her and I know it WIll fit wura for kiddies Xmas parry in her school that's why I just saved the picture when I saw it cheesy

It's not a gown jare. She's def on her way to/from dance class. grin

She's a body suit and tutu. That J.Crew jacket she's wearing alone is $250 angry Actually saw it yesterday when I went into the outlet store.

1 Like

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

She's a body suit and tutu. That J.Crew jacket she's wearing alone is $250 angry Actually saw it yesterday when I went into the outlet store.
hen i like it like that.That's what she'll wear with popsocks wink

1 Like

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

btw how much is 250$ in naira?

1 Like

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
btw how much is 250$ in naira?

40k I think?
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
hen i like it like that.That's what she'll wear with popsocks wink

Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

haaa ewuroo shocked

You don't mean it shocked

I thought it was more like a short ball gown grin

Immediate change of plans cheesy

Maybe she'll wear something else cheesy
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

40k I think?
how come it's that expensive when adult blazers are between 7-10k.

Anyway I'll find out but I like the blazers on baby north smiley
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
how come it's that expensive when adult blazers are between 7-10k.

Anyway I'll find out but I like the blazers on baby north smiley

My dear, J.crew is now a no go area since Michelle O. endorsed it. A regular graphic long sleeve shirt that Gap kids & Carters sell for $10 goes for $55 there. It's ridiculous.

You'll find similar cut in other stores.
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
haaa ewuroo shocked

You don't mean it shocked

I thought it was more like a short ball gown grin

Immediate change of plans cheesy

Maybe she'll wear something else cheesy

Lol. It's a dance costume. grin
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

Lol. It's a dance costume. grin
haa lobatan cheesy

See as you tu the Asiri of the gown into pieces.but it's cute though. Maybe I'll use Ankara to sew ball gown for her cheesy
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

My dear, J.crew is now a no go area since Michelle O. endorsed it. A regular graphic long sleeve shirt that Gap kids & Carters sell for $10 goes for $55 there. It's ridiculous.

You'll find similar cut in other stores.

lobatan grin
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by EfemenaXY: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
5minsmadness:

The concept is quite simple really.

You can't give what you don't have. A parent with no scruples can't impart decorum on his / her kids.
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
haa lobatan cheesy

See as you tu the Asiri of the gown into pieces.but it's cute though. Maybe I'll use Ankara to sew ball gown for her cheesy

Lol. i honestly like the new Ankara styles on kids. Those maxi skirts paired with plain fitted tee are cute.
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 8:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

Lol. i honestly like the new Ankara styles on kids. Those maxi skirts paired with plain fitted tee are cute.

yeah. Very cute especially with lace at the waist line downwards like the type of lace north wore in the picture smiley
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 8:37pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
yeah. Very cute especially with lace at the waist line downwards like the type of lace north wore in the picture smiley

Lace? Really , explain jare or picture
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by edwife(f): 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

See owambe mummies... grin
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
edwife:

See owambe mummies... grin

Lol.. Edwife. kids musto look palatable too @owanbe ba grin

Hair and jeweries on point. As in
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

the gown WIll be like a regular ball gown but short.it WIll be spagetti hand sewn with Ankara for the entire body.then the waist downwards Will be like Cinderella with the lace material north used.I've formatted my phone. I'll have posted the picture but hope you got my description
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by SAMBARRY: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ewuro4:

Lol.. Edwife. kids musto look palatable too @owanbe ba grin

Hair and jeweries on point. As in
jwelry ke? Stud is enough and a small hand chain smiley
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
jwelry ke? Stud is enough and a small hand chain smiley

Stud yes for kids under 6 , drop earrings for my big girl. Choker jewelry with their initials/name pendants, bangles and ankle jewelries too.

Babe , I only face the merchant in market place , don't give ratz azz what people say. They're just jealous. Simple as that. People should do whatever suit themselves.
Re: Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. by Ewuro4: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
the gown WIll be like a regular ball gown but short.it WIll be spagetti hand sewn with Ankara for the entire body.then the waist downwards Will be like Cinderella with the lace material north used.I've formatted my phone. I'll have posted the picture but hope you got my description

Kinda got it. Picture will help.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Common Mispronunciations You Should Avoid / Man Divorces Wife Because She Refused Sex On Their Wedding Night While Chatting / Family Problem (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.